Windshield Wiper Blades 2009 & 2010 Part Numbers

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
hiker147

Windshield Wiper Blades 2009 & 2010 Part Numbers

Post by hiker147 »

Fot those who have kept your original wiper blades, you can replace just the rubber element rather than the complete blade.As I seem to find Toyota parts more cost effective with some research the correct rubber element numbers are:Driver Side; 85214-68020Passenger Side; 85214-42050Rear Window: 85214-12310Note the rear wiper rubber element seems to frequently be mis-listed at Toyota dealers (2009 & 10 Matrix) they indicate part # 85214-05110 which is an inch too long. The part number above is actually for a 2008 (Matrix) Vibe but it fits.Takes a little patience to replace just the rubber and you have to be careful nut to bend the steel inserts, but the results are wipers that work like factory new.Many places you can find these on line for a good price.
vibenvy

Re: Windshield Wiper Blades 2009 & 2010 Part Numbers (hiker147)

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for the info! I hope you don't mind, I posted the link for this thread in the other thread about '09-'10 wiper blades.As far as the rear wiper goes, I have read on here that people have bought an insert for one of the windshield wipers and just cut it to fit. I will probably end up doing this since we have two Vibes that I want to replace the wiper blades on. It seems more cost effective and easy enough to do.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

cool thanks for the parts number, i'm just going to get them from toyota since my pontiac dealer told me to go to toyota as they don't stock them lolbtw how hard is it to install? i usually just replace the whole thing on my other cars so just wondering how to go about replacing the rubber part =]
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
frankiemenz

Re: (lowincash)

Post by frankiemenz »

I bought these inserts today, thank you for providing part #'s, worked out very well!! I paid $13.00 total, I know a guy at Toyota dealer, told him it was for my Vibe and he hooked me up, he said these are the premium replacements too and that there were cheaper ones, I dunno about that but I'm thinking he gave me employee cost on these. We do a lot of Toyota business with this dealer so I think that's why I got a good deal. This is a pretty simple repair, just remember to lift up or remove the bezel on the rear wiper blade, exposing the hold-down nut, to make it possible to fully raise the arm off the rear glass allowing wiper removal.
hiker147

Re: (frankiemenz)

Post by hiker147 »

If you are mechanically minded just take a few minutes to each blade. Just requires care to do it.
midnight

Post by midnight »

I don't know if anyone cares but you can put a longer blade on the rear my is now a 12 instead of the stock 11
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

I just replaced my front driver side and rear wipers with new refills, the toyota dealer didn't have the passenger side in stock so have to wait a few days. Front ones were pretty easy now that I know how to do it, I had tried removing it before but I was pulling from the wrong end =/ rear ones were a bit tricky tho.
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
GenuineVibe

Post by GenuineVibe »

hmmm I wish I had known that, my original wipers where tossed out a long long time ago now. Oh well.