midnight

Anyone eles hate chrome?

Post by midnight »

I just fixed my problem.

Attached files
Blanco_Diablo

Re: Anyone eles hate chrome? (midnight)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Looks great, you may want to clear coat (if you haven't) because it will begin to chip over time.I did multiple layers of clear over the black paint on my grille last April and the edges have already worn through. Nice upgrade though
lovemyraffe

Re: Anyone eles hate chrome? (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by lovemyraffe »

It looks great! I'm not a big fan of chrome. I had painted my grille at one point too, but it just kept chipping off so I returned it back to chrome. I would take Blanco's advice. Put lots and lots of clear over it, and be ready to touch it up frequently.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
jake75

Re: Anyone eles hate chrome? (lovemyraffe)

Post by jake75 »

Doesn't bother me that much.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

is that the 09-10 vibe? I played around with the idea of painting or putting some vinyl over the chrome grill but never gotten around doing it. You should take a picture of it from farther away =Dhere's what I wanted mine to look like, I just photoshopped it and was thinking of doing this one day =D
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
Kamikaze

Re: Anyone eles hate chrome? (lowincash)

Post by Kamikaze »

I love chrome, can't wait till I get my new pipes. Some day I'll get some current pics, it doesn't look like this anymore...oh, yeah, this isn't the Harley forms is it... on the vibe, not a real big fan.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Looks nice on yours.. not really diggin' it on the black Vibe though.. I like the chrome.. just not on the inside of a car.. nothing like being hit in the eye by the reflecting sunlight..
vibenvy

Re: (09vGT)

Post by vibenvy »

Looks good !I am not a huge fan of chrome, but I think my '09 GT has just the right amount that it looks good without being overdone.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
06pvibe

Re: Anyone else hate chrome? (lowincash)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »here's what I wanted mine to look like, I just photoshopped it and was thinking of doing this one day =DI LIKE THAT!!!! A small difference that makes a HUGE impact!! I think your car would absolutely look GREAT like that!Do it, MAN!! And a semigloss black vinyl would be the way to go, imo too.I feel that chrome has it's place, but for the most part that place is on classic cars from the '50's & '60's. I strongly dislike the DUB look and all the big, stupid looking chrome wheels (22-26") on raised chassis just so they can fit the wheels underneath. Some look ok, but most just look stupid, imo.midnight, Is there a badge (arrowhead) there at all? It looks to me like you have completely removed it.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
ColonelPanic

Re: Anyone eles hate chrome? (jake75)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »Doesn't bother me that much.I don't mind it either... I'm all for it as long as it is applied properly. Proper application does not include fake portholes, wheels of excessive diameter, etc...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Nope, I love chrome and miss it on newer cars. Nothing like the look of an older car glistening in the sun with highly polished chrome bumpers and trim!!I understand the why of dechroming, just sad that they've done it.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Chrome has its place. I love the chrome on the cars from the 40's through the 60's.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
wt2ga

Post by wt2ga »

I could make an exception ...
1SC

Post by 1SC »

I don't really like chrome either.I am debating on having all the chrome trim on the front of my Vibe painted body color when I'll get the GT side skirts one of this days... I wonder how it would look...