Duraflex graphite roof cap?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

your right the rksport ones are up to 350. im almost positive i paid 225 both times i had to buy them lol. i should put the one extra i have on ebay and see what it goes too
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Duraflex graphite roof cap? (xmasguy)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

The pic they supply is kinda shatty Do you take your roof rack off and cover where it was with this?
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I sent a message to them to provide better pictures. If they supply them to me, I will post them in this thread. If they simply update the pictures on the site, I will clue you all in if and when they notify me of something. For that price, they should sell really well since so many of us prefer that clean look but don't feel like dropping $300+.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Wolfman213

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Wolfman213 »

Here is the exact quote from the sales staff.Quote »One triangular sliver shaped cap per side. They install in place of the roof racks when they are removed and cover the mounting holes from the racks. Were designed to allow owners to make the car look sportier and sleeker by removing the utility look the roof racks gave to the car without getting into a body shop to weld shut holes and respray the roof. This is a much cheaper and non permanent option.I am going to host the pictures on here for right now since I'm at work and cannot access photobucket.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

pic 1

Attached files
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

pic 2

Attached files
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

so they are pretty similar to the street graffiti ones that are not available anymore im guessing. even though that car has a huge SG decal
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
braunsys

Re: Duraflex graphite roof cap? (xmasguy)

Post by braunsys »

From the reviews I've read, it seems that the Duraflex product lacks material quality, but since there are no alternatives, I guess for 160. + 60. shipping, that isn't too bad...Also, why doesn't Duraflex show the unfinished, unistalled product with various close up views?That would help me decide if I want to shell out 250. bucks, I think for the moment, I will live with the ugly Vibe Roof Racks.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

powder coat the roof racks. lots cheaper
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

Not sure If someone is brave enough to try i, but I've been thinking of one other way, also cheap. It looks like you could take off the stock caps that the side rails attach to. Cut off the raised parts on each end that the rails fit into. Fiberglass it smooth paint and reinstall. I don't think I would trust myself to do it. Never done any fiberglass. If someone were good enough and got it to work on their own car I would imagine many of us would be willing to throw out a fair price for the service.
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

I think these caps have popped up under numerous different names, Aerogear, Street Graffiti, Duraflex, etc. I have them installed, not the greatest quality in the world, but much better than the roof racks, in my opinion. They require patience and some customizing to fit right lol.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
braunsys

Re: (ajflan)

Post by braunsys »

Thanks, I'm a little surprised that someone hasn't produced a matte ABS snap-in fitment yet, I think that would fit the overall look and feel of the other plastic parts on the Vibe, and probably a better fit and cheaper to produce.Yours looks nice.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (braunsys)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I know somewhere on here I've seen a pic of a roof w/the racks taken off before the owner installed the caps in their place.It's kinda ugly, otherwise I woulda ganked mine off there years ago