Been a while, pics of: Tint, painted winter rims, spoiler, HIDs, LEDs

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Merzbow

Been a while, pics of: Tint, painted winter rims, spoiler, HIDs, LEDs

Post by Merzbow »

I haven't been online in a while. My computer fried, and so did the replacement I was given. On top of that, a couple years ago someone stole my camera, AND I lost the only other means of getting pics online, my smart phone. Now I have new cameras and another donated pc so I'm back online.Anyways, I sold my 18's to a member on here. With the money I bought tint and the midgate spoiler. Since I hate winter with a passion and our drift team kind of started this fad, I painted my stock rims to add some color in the snow I get ALLLLLLL kinds of attention now it's great lol My friend bought HIDs for his SRT8 Magnum and just needed new ballasts so I used the extra bulbs for my fog lights since I had ballasts left over with no bulbs. I ordered another HID kit for my headlights too so those will be here soon. I also came across a pair of brand new LED spotlight bars in the junkyard the other day so I painted them and decided to throw them in my engine bay just for fun lol. I'll get pics of that up when I finish wiring. So for this winter I have a very colorful Vibe! Might be painting the rims on either one side of both sides black soon though I haven't decided yet.Don't worry, I will be getting a new set of 18's in the spring.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
bodhi_tree777

Re: Been a while, pics of: Tint, painted winter rims, spoiler, HIDs, LEDs (Merzbow)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Awesome. I love funky colors. What sort of paint did you use? My stock wheels are starting to look lousy and I've thought of painting them, just wondering how it would hold up (maybe I should ask you this after winter )Looks sweet as always, good to see you back around
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Merzbow

Re: Been a while, pics of: Tint, painted winter rims, spoiler, HIDs, LEDs (bodhi_tree777)

Post by Merzbow »

I used high-heat engine paint: grabber green and chevy orange. Sanded them down real quick with an SOS pad and they are holding up well. They are very glossy and I didn't even put a clear on them.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
vibolista

Re: Been a while, pics of: Tint, painted winter rims, spoiler, HIDs, LEDs (Merzbow)

Post by vibolista »

Welcome back! Your wheels are very cool. I have a set of wheels with a color I never really liked. The wheels are great, but the color never looked that good on the car I bought them for. Now I know I can change that. Great inspiration.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
lovemyraffe

Re: Been a while, pics of: Tint, painted winter rims, spoiler, HIDs, LEDs (vibolista)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Welcome back. The car looks great!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
smeadows7

Post by smeadows7 »

The tint is looking good man. I can't wait for spring! I've already got the itch haha.p.s. where'd you end up getting that midgate spoiler from?
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

I forgot to post this when I ran into Mr. Merzbow a few weeks ago. Was nice meeting another member from GenVibe. He installed some LED lights under the hood.

Attached files
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

hahaha love the wheels
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

how are your hood lights hooked up? I was actually looking yesterday at oznium getting thoughts on the leds to put under the hood. They have a pressure switch that I'll probably use depending on if I can find a good placement once I look under the hood tonight. That way once the hood if lifted, they will automatically come on.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage