Best HID

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
09vGT

Best HID

Post by 09vGT »

What brand HID conversion kit should I buy? I want something that will last as long as I have the car and have no problems. Affordability would be a plus! Do you think the HID lights are worth the cost. And do I need to change over the brights and the fogs?
dragon64

Re: Best HID (09vGT)

Post by dragon64 »

The only real problem with HID kits is that they don't like cars with Auto headlights systems. Seems to be an issue where the ignitor and ballasts blow in situations when the lights turn on and off after a short period of time repeatedly. Another issue to be aware of is many kits individual spare parts are not available seperately. I would check with the retailer if they can get spare parts before buying any kit. Of all the kits on the market that I have seen the one sold under the RTX brand name in Canada only seems to have the fewest non auto headlight problems, good spare parts availability and cost isn't that much higher that a set of PIAA replacement bulbs. As far as converting the Highs and Fogs I probably wouldn't bother. Unless you are in an area where you are driving with your high on and they remain off for a significant amount of this you will run into the same issues as with the auto headlight system. For the personally I also stay with a conventional light. The warmer the color temp of the light the better they do the job they are intended to do. Fog lights basically are designed to create a wide flat lighting pattern close to the ground to create shadow. Yellow light creates the best shadows and penatrates fog, mist, smoke, snow better than a high temp white/blue light source which also washes out shadow detail
2009 Vibe 1.8L Manual - DBW controller, Hydraulic engine damper, S/S brakeline retrokit,22mm solid Rear ARB, urethane rear coil dampers, Front strut bar with brake cylinder brace, PIAA 410 driving lights, PRM Intake Wilwood front brakes, Lexus hood lifts
Whelan

Re: Best HID (dragon64)

Post by Whelan »

Best is to retrofit projectors from an Audi, BMW, MB, Acura (Acura most popular).Otherwise you will have too much glare, less visibility in rain/weather, no point light (scattered).
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Merzbow

Re: Best HID (09vGT)

Post by Merzbow »

go to ddmtuning.com. They have quality kits for VERY cheap.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark