6000K Bi-Xenon HID's Are Comin'... :)

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
BlueCrush

6000K Bi-Xenon HID's Are Comin'... :)

Post by BlueCrush »

8/25/09:Well, I installed them tonight and surprise, surprise they were on for about 5 minutes when one died then while I was working on finding the problem, the other one died. I checked all connections, fuses, grounds and when I popped in my regular bulbs and they work fine. I knew going into it that Ebay HID's were probably crap, but with a 2 year warranty I figured I would try them out and see what happens. Well, I found out alright. I will be returning them and asking for my $$ back. I ordered a set of H4 bulbs from Whelan's Vibe + HIR thread and try those out in the mean time. I did not do the DRL fog switch yet since I was waiting to see how the HID's went. I probably won't bother until I decide to go HID again sometime in the future. So for all those who were hoping for a review of these, this is it. Better luck next time.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kamikaze

Re: 6000K Bi-Xenon HID's Are Comin'... :) (BlueCrush)

Post by Kamikaze »

sweet, hope they turn out well for you.You will like them.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
BlueCrush

Re: 6000K Bi-Xenon HID's Are Comin'... :) (Kamikaze)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »sweet, hope they turn out well for you.You will like them.Thanks! I am looking forward to them...
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

You got me tempted into buying them for my vibe... I just haven't because of the Bi-xenon, and the DRL's...I remember when I first installed on the bike.... it was like night and day... I started to ride more at night... now I just don't have any time ever to ride the bike besides to work and back.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

there goes another customer LOLHope you like em buddy.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
BlueCrush

Re: 6000K Bi-Xenon HID's Are Comin'... :) (keithvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe » there goes another customer LOLHope you like em buddy.LOL! Thanks, keith!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush » I will be doing the DRL conversion to fogs/keeping the auto lights as soon as I find the How-to...theres a how-to on MO....oh wait, nevermind. I printed the howto a couple weeks ago but still haven't gotten around to buying the switch.
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

I have really been thinking of these. I'll let you be the guinea pig. =]
kmvibe

Post by kmvibe »

I've been looking at that same exact kit. I can't wait for pics and your review of the kit. Kenny
BlueCrush

Re: 6000K Bi-Xenon HID's Are Comin'... :) (bull77)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »theres a how-to on MO....oh wait, nevermind. I printed the howto a couple weeks ago but still haven't gotten around to buying the switch. LOL...MO's back up so I'll take a gander at it.Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »I have really been thinking of these. I'll let you be the guinea pig. =]Oink! Oink! No problem...it won't be the first time I am a guinea pig...lolQuote, originally posted by kmvibe »I've been looking at that same exact kit. I can't wait for pics and your review of the kit. KennyI'm hoping it arrives this week so I can install it this coming weekend. I'll take pics of the install and some day/night pics on Sunday if it arrived in time.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I've been thinking about Keiths projectors in my Subie. I can't just slap in HID and go, my stock housings destroy any benefit of them... lol.. So many other things to get though...
BlueCrush

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »I've been thinking about Keiths projectors in my Subie. I can't just slap in HID and go, my stock housings destroy any benefit of them... lol.. So many other things to get though... The list never ends...
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ramenboy...

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »The list never ends...how did i know you were gonna say that? congrats on the hids. looking forward to pics!!!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
BlueCrush

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »how did i know you were gonna say that? congrats on the hids. looking forward to pics!!!Because your psychotic?.....I mean psychic?Actually it does end...then starts up again....then ends.....starts again...ends...starts...ends once more then starts again.....that's as far as I have gotten..lol.They are should be here either tomorrow or Thursday.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

are you going to use projectors?
BlueCrush

Re: (northvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »are you going to use projectors?No, I would have gotten them from Keith if I went that route. But those were too much and too involved for what I wanted. These will be nice and easy PnP install.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

never drive behind me
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

x2Quote, originally posted by northvibe »never drive behind me HAHAHAYou will be back... you will be back.. LOL I know you like to do things a few different times.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
BlueCrush

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

The arrived today...yay! I will be installing these on Saturday.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

I've got 1st dibs on buying them from you.
BlueCrush

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »I've got 1st dibs on buying them from you. Get your own, pal!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush » Get your own, pal! we must vote on how long it will take BC to sell these
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »we must vote on how long it will take BC to sell these How about ...not....
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

I have a feeling I might be installing some HID's at a meet in Sept... I better bring some extra cash....
BlueCrush

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »I have a feeling I might be installing some HID's at a meet in Sept... I better bring some extra cash....OUCH! That's cold, man...Just bring cash for the PAC OEM2!!!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »How about ...not.... Ah dont get mad brian, we all hope you keep these.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »Ah dont get mad brian, we all hope you keep these.I don't mad ...I get even.... Remember I have a pic of a pretty blue Caliber that I can extort you with...
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »OUCH! That's cold, man...Just bring cash for the PAC OEM2!!!oh, I'll bring the cash for that.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

well Id even help you install them...because I'll be in duluth so you cant blind me
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »well Id even help you install them...because I'll be in duluth so you cant blind me Thanks for the offer...but I think I can change a light bulb...I had silverstars for 4 years so I'm a master at changing bulbs. "Dad? what is that bright light up in the sky? It that the Batman logo?""No son, that is just glare from BC's HID's...no, no don't stare at it too long, you'll go blind..."
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

You install them yet? =D
BlueCrush

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by BlueCrush »

Looks like it won't be until next Tuesday. Too much other stuff to do around the house at the moment.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Looks like it won't be until next Tuesday. Too much other stuff to do around the house at the moment. If you'd like I'll run down and take them off your hands for you... I can probably have pictures posted by the end of the day with them in my car...
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »If you'd like I'll run down and take them off your hands for you... I can probably have pictures posted by the end of the day with them in my car... The sooner the better...I'm waiting for a review before I think of buying it.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
BlueCrush

Re:

Post by BlueCrush »

Well, I installed them tonight and surprise, surprise they were on for about 5 minutes when one died then while I was working on finding the problem, the other one died. I checked all connections, fuses, grounds and when I popped in my regular bulbs and they work fine. I knew going into it that Ebay HID's were probably crap, but with a 2 year warranty I figured I would try them out and see what happens. Well, I found out alright. I will be returning them and asking for my $$ back. I ordered a set of H4 bulbs from Whelan's Vibe + HIR thread and try those out in the mean time. I did not do the DRL fog switch yet since I was waiting to see how the HID's went. I probably won't bother until I decide to go HID again sometime in the future. So for all those who were hoping for a review of these, this is it. Better luck next time.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
keithvibe

Re: Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by keithvibe »

sorry to hear buddy.... got a set of projectors with your name on them
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

Well at least yours worked. I am on my third set of HID bulbs, I tried 6000k, 8000k and 30,000k??? Which I didn't even know was possible but all of them were/are white...I wanted blue. No luck. That's what you get with Ebay and of course the seller stopped replying to my emails and it's too late to file dispute so I'm out $80 for a set of HIDs that are identical to just driving with my hi beams on...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush » I ordered a set of H4 bulbs from Whelan's Vibe + HIR thread and try those out in the mean time. I did not do the DRL fog switch yet since I was waiting to see how the HID's went. I probably won't bother until I decide to go HID again sometime in the future. So for all those who were hoping for a review of these, this is it. Better luck next time.uh man that sucks B. well at least you cant blind me at the meet then Which bulbs did you get? I didnt see the xtreme philips in h4.
BlueCrush

Re: Re: (northvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »uh man that sucks B. well at least you cant blind me at the meet then Which bulbs did you get? I didnt see the xtreme philips in h4. They offer the H4/9003. It's the first one on the pulldown menu on Whelans' SUVlights.com link.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Well, the seller sent a new set of these and they arrived today. I think I might just sell them locally after I see how the Philips X-treme Power bulbs do.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

I paid $70 for my Xentec (supposedly) kit on Ebay. Lasted almost a year before issues started. The drivers side would not go on and I would have to fiddle the wires to get it to turn on, but sometimes when closing the hood it would turn off again. I tried taping the wires a certain way, rerunning them, reconnecting. Nothing worked it was hectic. Sometimes even turning them on and off several times the light would come on, leaving me to believe it wasnt the wiring but the ballast.Finally the drivers lamp went to a pinkish hue instead of the 6k coloring. I drove like that for a day then ripped them out and tossed them. Put my HIRs in my headlamps (took them from my fogs). And have been happy. HIR finally blew so I found these to use instead.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT