The Peanut Butter test.....

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
cptnsolo77

The Peanut Butter test.....

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Read posts about using peanut butter on the cladding and decided to test it in a small area ( the openings for the reverse lights ) Honestly it looks great and a good shine.No residue that will attract every dust particle. We are in the middle of rainy season here in Florida so im going to see how long it lasts. I have to say that it will probably require a lot of effort to do all of the cladding though.Peanut butter is pretty thick.Maybe it would be wise to run the peanut butter in a blender to make a paste out of it? Will keep you guys updated.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
VforVIBE

Re: The Peanut Butter test..... (cptnsolo77)

Post by VforVIBE »

Hello fellow Florida Viber!It is indeed tough to keep cars clean this time of year in Florida, I know this very well as I have a black Vibe. I would try adding peanut oil and/or beating the peanut butter with a mixer or by hand as I don't think the blender would put air into it, which is what you're looking for.I bet that'll leave your Vibe smelling good.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Sounds interesting...I'm kinda skeptic about it, but willing to try it if it works.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
cptnsolo77

Re: The Peanut Butter test..... (VforVIBE)

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Yep! It sure is. At this point I only clean the interior once a week & rain-x the windshield when needed. Waste of effort to wax and tire wet the tires. I was actually thinking about using the clay bar & wax, but its in the middle of rainy season. Ill wait till November when its all over & the wheather is cooler out!!! By the way it rained REALLY heavy today and the areas where I used peaunut butter still look shiny and not fadded. Maybe this thing works....Did I mention this was for UNpainted cladding?
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

A tip for you if I may, Bounce sheets are really good at taking off love bugs, just make sure you use it wet then wash with soap after.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Raven

Post by Raven »

Peanut butter? Not around here I wouldn't. We have a plague of chipmunks that have been ripping apart the insulation under the hoods of our vehicles. I have disposed of over 40 of them in the last 2 weeks. Peanut butter would just encourage them even more.
waveresponder

Re: The Peanut Butter test..... (Raven)

Post by waveresponder »

dont go camping where theres bears
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Lol
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
kevera

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by kevera »

Are you using PB to shine up the cladding?I only use the peanut butter to remove the white wax residue from the cladding,which it does an amazing job of.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
cptnsolo77

Re: (kevera)

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Yes. When I was searching for what products owners are using to restore thier cladding & someone mentioned peanut butter....so I figured I would give it a try.
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

How do you make a paste out of peanut butter? Isn't it already a paste?
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).