Drivers side Door molding

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Zorren

Drivers side Door molding

Post by Zorren »

So i was shopping at Sams club and when i got ready to leave the door got caught on something. I looked and couldn't find anything it was caught on. What i didn't see was a small branch was holding the door molding. When i muscled the door shut it popped one of the clips off. I am a little afraid to try and put it back on myself.
Mrs. White: Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her so... much... it... it... the... it... the... fee... flames... flames... on the side of my face... heaving... breathless... heaving breaths...
keithvibe

Re: Drivers side Door molding (Zorren)

Post by keithvibe »

so your asking if you should try? or do you want to pay for a plane ticket for someone to do it for you> lolHonestly, if you can post a photo to show what your talking about one of us could help you determine if you need a new clip or if it's still good.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Siggy

Post by Siggy »

same thing happened with me, the bottom molding popped off, except i have no idea how, i tryed to pop it in but ceased since i dont wanna break tabs if its not brokenill try and get some pics up by tomarrow of it
2003 AWD VibeVibin'
wayofthemetal

Post by wayofthemetal »

molding around the rear passenger side door has come loose is the center. I'm not sure how important it is to keep a seal between the molding and the paint but water can deffinetly get in there. I pulled it out a little and can see no clip but what looks like some kind of bond. If there was a clip it surely must have broken clean off. The way the molding sits now there is a constant gap about 1/4 inch in the center of the door. What kind of bond should i use to tie the molding back to the door and should the molding be water tight all along the seem?
kevera

Re: (wayofthemetal)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by wayofthemetal »molding around the rear passenger side door has come loose is the center. I'm not sure how important it is to keep a seal between the molding and the paint but water can deffinetly get in there. I pulled it out a little and can see no clip but what looks like some kind of bond. If there was a clip it surely must have broken clean off. The way the molding sits now there is a constant gap about 1/4 inch in the center of the door. What kind of bond should i use to tie the molding back to the door and should the molding be water tight all along the seem?On the image above,The yellow line is a rubber seal that runs top to bottom.The red represents double sided tape holding that area onto the door.And the turquoise represents clips(10 to be exact) that are scattered throughout that panel.Hope that helps.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
wayofthemetal

Re: (kevera)

Post by wayofthemetal »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »On the image above,The yellow line is a rubber seal that runs top to bottom.The red represents double sided tape holding that area onto the door.And the turquoise represents clips(10 to be exact) that are scattered throughout that panel.Hope that helps.The yellow line should that be water tight?
scottalexander

Re: (wayofthemetal)

Post by scottalexander »

What is the part number for these clips? They are little white nylon pieces, but they break super easy. The high curbs in So-Cal kill me. My side panels have pulled off like 5 times.