"This is my Vibe" for the 09's

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
kevera

"This is my Vibe" for the 09's

Post by kevera »

Was at the auto show this on Saturday and they had this as an option for the 09 Vibes.I have to say that I thought it was an awesome idea(shh,I'd even drive one).It gives you ability to personalize your Vibe your way.http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/ve...84984
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

interesting. looks like they are body wraps. kinda cool though.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
keithvibe

Re: "This is my Vibe" for the 09's (kevera)

Post by keithvibe »

NICE!!!! Of course I have to pick one of the most expensive they offer lol
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

looks cool. we got a brocure from gm about this and it's pretty neat
AKLGT

Re: "This is my Vibe" for the 09's (keithvibe)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »NICE!!!! Of course I have to pick one of the most expensive they offer lolis that installed? that sounds about right for a full wrap.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
tribalman

Re: "This is my Vibe" for the 09's (kevera)

Post by tribalman »

don't do it! it's just a ploy to compete with that stupid scion "united by individuality" scheme.yeah, it's a scheme. ;ppersonally i actually, i'm on my linux partition and for some reason java and flash aren't working so i can't see the other pictures. when i get to windows i'll take another look.
None. Vibe is gone.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

hmm so are these things like vinyl or something? like cover the whole car in vinyl with the design you choose? this thing might protect the paint too but it's so expensive =/
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
isaaclud

Post by isaaclud »

wow, now this is really good marketing on GM's part.I'm the first to jump on thier back for being stupid...but they deserve props for this entire thing.I'm NOT the type to spring for this...(well, on a smalleconomy station wagon anyway)but this is a decent attempt at garnering the interest of the youth....or youthful thinking...good stuff GM....keep it up
PEACEISAAC
ramenboy...

Re: (lowincash)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »hmm so are these things like vinyl or something? like cover the whole car in vinyl with the design you choose? this thing might protect the paint too but it's so expensive =/yeah it does seem like a body wrap... like those cars that become rolling ads. pretty cool... but are they that weather-proof?
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Sheesh

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by Sheesh »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »yeah it does seem like a body wrap... like those cars that become rolling ads. pretty cool... but are they that weather-proof?it is indeed weather proof! the wrap is printed on a 3M adhesive vinyl with solvent inks and then laminated with a high gloss 3M over laminate for extra protection. If cared for correctly, your wrap can last the life of the car. It also protects the factory paint underneath, so if you take it off in a few years, you still have a new looking car under there
Whelan

Re: (Sheesh)

Post by Whelan »

Why not just get paid to have your car wrapped.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Sheesh

Re: (Whelan)

Post by Sheesh »

in all my years in the business, i have yet to see an ACTUAL company that WILL pay you to wrap your car. Those ads are scams.. trust me.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

About a year and a half or two years ago, some website, can't remember it now though, was giving gas cards based on what they put on your car. It was as simple as a little decal to as large as wrapping a car. You were compensated based on how large you went. It wasn't anything spectacular like driving free for the whole year, but I think I factored if I went the whole wrap it would have cut my gas bill by like 30-40%.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Sheesh

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Sheesh »

did they want you to pay money to get put on the list?
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

No, you didn't have to pay anything to get on the list. From what I can remember, it was based on the area that you lived (can't remember what exactly the details and what the meant) and how many miles you drove (for the larger ones). They stated that they randomly send people to take a picture of your car as proof that you still have the decals on it. If you are caught without the decals is when you got screwed and had to pay back the money plus cost of decals and such. I will try and locate it to provide a link.**edit**here is the link http://www.freegashelp.com/index.htmi was relatively close with the requirements, but the site explains it better.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Sheesh

Post by Sheesh »

Ooooh. that's in the states. We're in Canada. So it the This Is My Vibe program (in Canada that is)
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Ahh ic, sorry for the confusion I caused.
Sheesh

Post by Sheesh »

that's ok.. your thing was still pretty cool!
Whelan

Re: (Sheesh)

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by Sheesh »in all my years in the business, i have yet to see an ACTUAL company that WILL pay you to wrap your car. Those ads are scams.. trust me.My friend drove a Red Bull Mini around for a year and a half, they had to qualify and drive so many miles each week, give details on their typical commute and such. I could never do it cause I take the Parkway in CT Route 15 to work everyday and you are not allowed to bring commercial vehicles on there. This is considered commercial because of the advertisements on the car. Anyways, they were paid a decent amount, got a gas card to use to fillup the car and some spending cash on the side.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT