Wind Splitter

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Amtron

Wind Splitter

Post by Amtron »

Hey, I'm all about the crazy ideas, and just got another one.Has anyone seen, or installed a wind splitter on a vibe? I think it might look decent on my Vibe if it was lowered. I'm assuming (although haven't looked hard) that no one makes them for Vibes...but I think with a little effort and some money you can make whatever you want.This site carries universal wind splitters. I was thinking the last listed one would work.http://www.andysautosport.com/...ions/This is it the full front wind splitter installedAnd here is the actual wind splitter on its ownHere is the photoshopped image I made of what it should sort of look like if there was a wind splitter on a Vibe:
Herb

Re: Wind Splitter (Amtron)

Post by Herb »

I don't think I've seen anything like this before. You could try it out to see what the results would be likePersonally I'm not feeling it for a couple reasons. First the support rods in the photo look like they're drilled through the bumper cover, second I live in an area where it can snow quite a bit in the winter so a lowered car with splitter would end up being turning my Vibe into a snow plow!
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

first of they work, on cars going fast and track. cobb has one on their ms3 and this evox on a road tour had a cheap one...it broke off at 120mph though.This would be just for looks on a vibe. Since it is "universal", it may not look as good as you would think. Maybe would be better if you had suspension mods and a body kit?
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

i'll have to find time to do a search, but i remember a vibe at sema that was lime green with the wind splitter...give me a few and i'll find it...
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

here we go...not too bad looking...
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
Amtron

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »here we go...not too bad looking... Thanks man. Yeah that looks good, and he doesn't have a kit on it, so it wouldn't be all that much to put together. I would just have to lower my car and i'd be good to go.
Whelan

Re: (Amtron)

Post by Whelan »

Looks to me like that Vibe needs to shave, LOL
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
ramenboy...

Re: (Amtron)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by Amtron »I would just have to lower my car and i'd be good to go.yeah definitely drop the car... it will improve the look AND the handling. but be careful... if you get alot of snow up there, the windsplitter could turn into a snow plow!Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Looks to me like that Vibe needs to shave, LOLyeah the vibe with 5 o'clock shadow... the sonny crocket vibe...
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
02csnow

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by 02csnow »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »here we go...not too bad looking...
Bye Bye Vibe.............
keithvibe

Re: (02csnow)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by 02csnow » x2... man that vibe is fuggly
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
kevera

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by kevera »

Wasn't that the same one at the Ohio meet???That was Toasted's friend.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
keithvibe

Re: (kevera)

Post by keithvibe »

unless he drove in from southern cally lol i doubt it look at the tag on the lower left
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
kevera

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by kevera »

It's the same one.It's hard to forget a lime green Vibe.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
keithvibe

Re: (kevera)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »It's the same one.It's hard to forget a lime green Vibe.LOL yea it is hard to forget it... but i keep trying... any color but baby vomit green lol
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

yeah i remember someone seeing it in a parking lot with a for sale sign? something like that?anyways, lime green.... i'd go with envy. still love that color
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

I think the lime green looks decent. Well at least with the grey and all.
GoodVibErations2004

Post by GoodVibErations2004 »

i think thats hot and i like the look and idea of the wind splitter(though not for my awd) id go with it if you feel like it.
GoodVibErations2004 2004 Neptune AWD ^^^^^^^^^^^My Genvibe Garage^^^^^^^^^^^
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

I think I've decided it's too much work for something that is probably just going to rice it out. I mean, I've read up on them, and actually benefit the car in some ways, but it looks like it will all pain and no gain.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Yeah, Cobb made a CF one for their MS3. I would purchase it if it was produced but I dont have the time to make one myself to custom fit to the car..its a ton of work specially make sure its secure and wont break off at over 140mph.
irishroach77

Re: (northvibe)

Post by irishroach77 »

yeah the wind splitter doesn't look to bad, except on lime green,j/k. It just doesn't seem to practical
03 vibe base modelK&N cold air intakeMagnaflow cat back exhaustCamconNeon incab displaycarbon fiber filmed door trimBridgestone Potenza G019 Grid