To debadge or not to debadge?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
King Neptune

To debadge or not to debadge?

Post by King Neptune »

I am thinking of debadging my car. So if anyone has pics of theirs debaged that would be great.Thanks
2004 Neptune BaseMoon & Tunes Pkg.Premium Monotone Pkg.17" WheelsGM Sport PackageViper Remote Start, 35% Tint, Debadged
Raven

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (King Neptune)

Post by Raven »

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

debadge..i did mine in about 15 minutes for all 4(the 2 sides and 2 rear) here's a pic of the side and rear
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

I did a crappy job trying to figure out what my car would have looked like lowered, so I also debadged it, and shaved it...
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
King Neptune

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (Kamikaze)

Post by King Neptune »

Kamikaze that looks pretty sweet. You should lower it.
2004 Neptune BaseMoon & Tunes Pkg.Premium Monotone Pkg.17" WheelsGM Sport PackageViper Remote Start, 35% Tint, Debadged
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Don't be scared. Do it.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
breezd

Post by breezd »

Brent, if I could lower mine, then you should not be afraid to lower yours!
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
hambox

Post by hambox »

Take those badges off! At least the ones on the side of the car, how many times does "Vibe" need to appear on the car?! My wife drives the Vibe, and since it has been debadged she gets asked at work "what kind of car is that? I was looking all over and it doesn't say anywhere!!". You would think car ppl wouldn't notice such a mod, but you would be wrong in this case!
DavidPIL

Re: (hambox)

Post by DavidPIL »

Quote, originally posted by hambox »Take those badges off! At least the ones on the side of the car, how many times does "Vibe" need to appear on the car?! I agree. I removed the side ones but left the rear because I have other decals back there. I also painted them Gold so it gives the emblems a different look as well. The sides look much better without the emblemsDave
jake75

Re: (DavidPIL)

Post by jake75 »

I always wondered why the auto companies spent so much money on those badges (and the labor to apply them). It is especailly ridiculous when the badges say "V-6" or "AWD" etc. Who cares! Maybe I could get V-6 and AWD badges and con someone into paying more for my used Vibe! Somewhere someone will probably calculate the added fuel it takes to haul around all the extra weight from these badges. A drop here, a drop there - it all adds up. [As for me, I now always go to the bathroom before driving.]
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
hambox

Re: (jake75)

Post by hambox »

Ha! Going before getting in the car saves on gas in at least two ways.1. Less weight2. A person might drive slower, as the bladder or GI tract isn't controlling the gas pedal!
Kamikaze

Re: (hambox)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by King Neptune »Kamikaze that looks pretty sweet. You should lower it. Quote, originally posted by breezd »Brent, if I could lower mine, then you should not be afraid to lower yours!I already did... I just didn't lower it that much... still unsure about debadging it... I want to shave the handles first.Back on topic, Neptune: if you want post a pic or two of your car, we can photo edit it so you can get an idea of what it would look like.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Badge free!
ramenboy...

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »Badge free!+1
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
King Neptune

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (ramenboy...)

Post by King Neptune »

I debadged it yesterday. I just did the sides though. I might do the back later. I also removed the cross bars too. Much cleaner look.
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Welcome to the "debadged club". Now you gotta get some grafxworks stickies!!!
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

no wonder people don't know what a Pontiac Vibe is
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
breezd

Post by breezd »

Quote, originally posted by King Neptune »I debadged it yesterday. I just did the sides though. I might do the back later. I also removed the cross bars too. Much cleaner look.What do you mean by the cross bars? The door protector strips? I think I'm gonna get rid of those on mine too...
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
NibCrom

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (breezd)

Post by NibCrom »

Leave your badges. Don't be ashamed of what you drive.
bull77

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (NibCrom)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by NibCrom »Leave your badges. Don't be ashamed of what you drive. i've left mine on and put some grafxwerks stickers on them
altimar

Post by altimar »

Quote, originally posted by breezd »What do you mean by the cross bars? The door protector strips? I think I'm gonna get rid of those on mine too...No, I think he means the roof rack crossbars. The door trim strips have holes underneath.
2007 Vibe: Wave monotone, Auto, sun & sound
Kamikaze

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (altimar)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by King Neptune »I debadged it yesterday. I just did the sides though. I might do the back later. I also removed the cross bars too. Much cleaner look.Where's the pics?
altimar

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (NibCrom)

Post by altimar »

Quote, originally posted by NibCrom »Leave your badges. Don't be ashamed of what you drive.I don't think anybody's ashamed. Personally, I think it looks smoother and cleaner without "advertising" on the car. It's like peeling all those stupid Intel, nVidia, and Microsoft stickers off of a new computer. (Don't tell me I'm the only one who does that?)It's also easier to wash and wax without the badges.Lastly, it adds a little mystique and makes people ask you what kind of car it is, and then you can talk them into buying one.
2007 Vibe: Wave monotone, Auto, sun & sound
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by breezd »What do you mean by the cross bars?I'm guessing he's referring to the cross bars on the roof rack.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Kamikaze

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (altimar)

Post by Kamikaze »

Mine's plastered with Vibe on it (I haven't debadged) and I still always get "what kind of car is that?"I wanted to debadge and get rid of anything that hints at what it is... and go as far as changing the front grill too, really make people wonder what kind of car that is, that's why I kind of like the roof caps too, don't get me wrong I like my roof rack, but to make it more unique I thought about removing the rack.
B4snake

Post by B4snake »

Whats the best way to remove the side badges? Someone told me to use a screwdriver and a hairdryer.. but is that the only way?
Envy03

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by Envy03 »

Blanco, love that hood! Where did you get it? How much?
NascarXprt

Re: (B4snake)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by B4snake »Whats the best way to remove the side badges? Someone told me to use a screwdriver and a hairdryer.. but is that the only way?no the best things to take off the badges are fishing wire and a blow dryer.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
B4snake

Post by B4snake »

Sounds easy enough.. I'm gonna go outside and see how it goes!
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

Just pull them right off with your hand and use goo gone to clean up the left over.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

rebadged...debadged long ago, found the badges in a drawer the other day and decided to see what i could do with them
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

debadge!!!!heat up with a hair dryer and pull off with your fingers or something that won't scratch the paint.then use goo gone or 3M adhesive remover to clean up the rest.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by B4snake »Whats the best way to remove the side badges? Someone told me to use a screwdriver and a hairdryer.. but is that the only way?why would anyone willingly put a screwdriver to their paint?its madnessfishing line [preferably] or dental floss and a blowdryer is all you need
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Quote, originally posted by B4snake »Sounds easy enough.. I'm gonna go outside and see how it goes!So, did you do it? How did it go for you? When I pulled them off, I goofed up and chipped the paint. Now, I have the vinyls to cover the paint chips...still easy to wax...
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
AKLGT

Re: (rAERRK)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by rAERRK »why would anyone willingly put a screwdriver to their paint?its madnessfishing line [preferably] or dental floss and a blowdryer is all you needLOL. I didn't even see he'd posted about the screw driver! YIKES!!!!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
engineertwin2

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by engineertwin2 »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »LOL. I didn't even see he'd posted about the screw driver! YIKES!!!! Yep, de-badging with a screwdriver would require a re-badge.
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
rAERRK

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »LOL. I didn't even see he'd posted about the screw driver! YIKES!!!! he hasnt returned...maybe he damaged the paint and turned the screwdriver on himself
Blanco_Diablo

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (Envy03)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Sorry Envy, just saw your question...the hood is from RK Sport and I ordered it from their site:http://www.rksport.com/main/ca...d=240Scroll down and you will see what all they have for the Vibe. I had a car accident and needed a new hood anyways so with Geico paying the amount for a factory hood (about $400) I decided to make up the difference and get the hood I had been eyeing for a while now. Around Thanksgiving/Christmas they had a 20% off sale, not sure if it is annual, and it only lasted a week, but I would recommend buying it then to save some $$$ or get one off ebay, they have been popping up on there more lately.Unless you get the CF one it will come as an unpainted grey hood so there is extra cost in getting it painted to match at a local shop. Let me know if you need any more info.
bull77

Re: To debadge or not to debadge? (bull77)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 » i've left mine on and put some grafxwerks stickers on them well I think I'm going to debadge the sides and leave the back --- the grafxwerks stickers are starting to peel anyways (ghetto) on the "Vibe" and I doubt it will survive the winterhas anyone else had to glue their stickers back on?
whytea

09 vibe

Post by whytea »

Has anyone successfully removed from an 09 vibe if so does anyonee have any pics I think might do it this weekend.
rob12345

Post by rob12345 »

When you debage what do you use to get the sticky stuff off without damaging the paint??
bull77

Re: (rob12345)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by rob12345 »When you debage what do you use to get the sticky stuff off without damaging the paint??either your fingers or goo gone
rAERRK

Re: (rob12345)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by rob12345 »When you debage what do you use to get the sticky stuff off without damaging the paint??heat the glue, apply goo-gone or similar product, remove with a damp rag
rAERRK

Re: (bull77)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »either your fingers or goo goneand enjoy smelling like that stuff for a couple days
breezd

Post by breezd »

I recently debadged my car. I removed all of the badges from the sides, and on the back only left the GT I hadn't looked at this post in a long time, so I did not see the post that had said that the door bump guards had holes/pins under them... and I didn't find out til after I had one off of the door So now I gotta figure out how to reinstall that...
Kamikaze

Re: (breezd)

Post by Kamikaze »

So...I debadged the sides of the vibe, and removed the hidious pink pontiac emblem off the back and left the words Vibe on the back... should I remove those too, or just keep the words "VIBE"? (You can see it in my signature)
lovemyraffe

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by lovemyraffe »

TAKE IT OFF!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ghostpuppy

Post by ghostpuppy »

De-badge and Re-badge it. Keep the people guessing. http://i945.photobucket.com/al...o.jpgI used fishing line on a hot day. No need for the hair dryer.
Kamikaze

Re: (ghostpuppy)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by ghostpuppy »De-badge and Re-badge it. Keep the people guessing. Yeah, I saw that before... that is funny, I think if I re-badged I'd go all out and put a prancing horse on it with a F-180 (usually Ferrari names their cars for the liters the engine is)
vibenvy

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by whytea »Has anyone successfully removed from an 09 vibe if so does anyonee have any pics I think might do it this weekend.Yes! It's very easy. It only took me about 10 minutes to remove the PONTIAC VIBE GT badges and the adhesive. Unfortunately the arrowhead badge has holes under it from what I have read so that had to stay but overall I am happy with the look.I used a blowdryer and fishing line to remove the badges and than I used WD 40 to remove the adhesive.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage