rear bumper guard...

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
waveresponder

rear bumper guard...

Post by waveresponder »

so i ordered the one for the vibe from GM...picked it up today along with the front all season floormats, and window deflectors....i installed the mats and the deflectors but didnt install the back bumper guard yet cuz i thought it would cover more area...obviously it doesnt....im thinking of sending it back getting my $50 back.......i thought i saw someone on here that has one that goes over the lip of the bumper...maybe it was a matrix bumper protector now that i think of it?...anyways..whats everyones experiance with these bumper protectores...are there better ones then the ones GM offers or no? thanks ahead of time for everyone that responds to this!
vibe007

Re: rear bumper guard... (waveresponder)

Post by vibe007 »

yes it's a matrix one and I'm trying to find one to, so lets see what good people here has to recommand to us.
Moonstone Vibe 2007k&n air filtercustom cargo mattrix rear bumper protectorcustom keyless power doorlockMore to come!
kevera

Re: rear bumper guard... (vibe007)

Post by kevera »

June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
nygiantzz1

Post by nygiantzz1 »

I bought mine on ebay from Deland Toyota: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItemIt fits perfect and covers the lip.
vibe007

Re: rear bumper guard... (kevera)

Post by vibe007 »

thanks kavera, but did you buy from them, cause they says that they don't ship to canada, well they don't mention it in the available shiping locations.
Moonstone Vibe 2007k&n air filtercustom cargo mattrix rear bumper protectorcustom keyless power doorlockMore to come!
kunkstyle

Post by kunkstyle »

I bought one and installed it last winter. Not overly excited with it (didn't know the matrix one was different at the time).It has however done the job. The only scratch I've got back there wouldn't have been averted with the trix version either. If you can get the matrix one for the close to the same price, I'd say go for it. If not, the GM one still works a lot better than not having one.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
fredfreedom

Post by fredfreedom »

Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »i thought i saw someone on here that has one that goes over the lip of the bumper...maybe it was a matrix bumper protector now that i think of it?...anyways..whats everyones experiance with these bumper protectores...are there better ones then the ones GM offers or no? thanks ahead of time for everyone that responds to this!You probably have seen mine like you've seen my Perfect Fit hood deflector!I bought it at a Toyota dealer in Canada for 47$ CAD + tax.I installed it by myself in less than 15 minutes.Here is the result:
2007 Moonstone VIBE FWD Special Edition with XM Satellite Radio, Stainless exhaust tip, 7 speakers, power group, 16 inch mags, Monotone, A/T, Slate interior, 50/80% Llumar platinium tinted windows, Sherlock Antitheft Marking, Barry Danne Grease Rust-Proofing, K&N air filter, MiVibe-ToolGuy fog lights protector, DIY 3M Filtrete cabin air filter, Toyota rear bumper protector, more to come...TOTALLED 2007-07-17 R.I.P. 2005 Moonstone VIBE FWD
vibe007

Re: rear bumper guard... (fredfreedom)

Post by vibe007 »

Thanks Fredfreedom, I'll do id that way.
dianebrat

Re: rear bumper guard... (nygiantzz1)

Post by dianebrat »

Quote, originally posted by nygiantzz1 »I bought mine on ebay from Deland Toyota: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItemIt fits perfect and covers the lip.me too, I also have that one, and from Deland, it's just like Fred's and covers the lip
last of the '06 AWDslava red monotone, preferred, sport, and side airbags
vibe007

Re: rear bumper guard... (dianebrat)

Post by vibe007 »

do you have the toyota part #, because the dealer don't want to order it for me because he is sure that it wont fit . With the part # I'll be able to compare with is one and tell im that i'm sure and that he only have to order it and don't mind if it fits or not.thanks!!!
fredfreedom

Post by fredfreedom »

The part number I have on my bill is:C0060-12030Good luck with your Toyota dealer!If you have a problem, you can order it by the sponsor of Matrix owners: Greentree Toyota. It's 40$USD shipping included!http://www.geocities.com/green....html
2007 Moonstone VIBE FWD Special Edition with XM Satellite Radio, Stainless exhaust tip, 7 speakers, power group, 16 inch mags, Monotone, A/T, Slate interior, 50/80% Llumar platinium tinted windows, Sherlock Antitheft Marking, Barry Danne Grease Rust-Proofing, K&N air filter, MiVibe-ToolGuy fog lights protector, DIY 3M Filtrete cabin air filter, Toyota rear bumper protector, more to come...TOTALLED 2007-07-17 R.I.P. 2005 Moonstone VIBE FWD
vibe007

Post by vibe007 »

hey hey!!Thanx alot fredfreedom, I just ordered one at the toytoy dealer for the same price with the same number. They should receive it tomorow. This is an essential mod for me because my dog is 6 month old now and last night it was able to jump in the car by itself but his back leg land on the bumper Again thank you guys!!!!
fredfreedom

Post by fredfreedom »

You're welcome. I see you're from Bellefeuille. My girlfriend is from Ste-Anne-des-Lacs.It would be nice to meet you in one of our Genvibe Montreal meet!Fred:-)
vibe007

Post by vibe007 »

Hey that's sure! Since, I've bought my vibe I'm waiting for a meet with montreal peoples. And Maybe I know your girlfriend, because I have some friends in Ste-Anne-des-lacs.
redlava

Post by redlava »

Yeah when I bought mine oh so many years ago I was pretty pissed off that it wasn't any bigger that it was. Hey GM, it is supposed to protect the bumper, all of it. If it didn't cost so much I would have bought two.
scott_h

Post by scott_h »

Quote, originally posted by fredfreedom »I installed it by myself in less than 15 minutes.It takes you that to take the tape backing off? I don't think I spent more than a minute putting it on. Unless you count the other minute of cleaning the bumper first.
Scott
fredfreedom

Re: rear bumper guard... (scott_h)

Post by fredfreedom »

Quote, originally posted by scott_h »It takes you that to take the tape backing off? I don't think I spent more than a minute putting it on. Unless you count the other minute of cleaning the bumper first. Hey! Hey! add some minutes too to take measurement to center everything right!
scott_h

Post by scott_h »

Quote, originally posted by fredfreedom »Hey! Hey! add some minutes too to take measurement to center everything right!You're right - we're up to 4 minutes.
Scott
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

if that..lol..only takes maybe 5 seconds to measure the whole section..i'd say 2 minutes tops to install it..i was thinking of getting one just so i dont scratch my beautiful paint
kunkstyle

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by kunkstyle »

I used a full minute to roll it down. Wanted to make sure it stayed...
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.