Spray on Tint for lenses

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
His_and_Her_Vibes

Spray on Tint for lenses

Post by His_and_Her_Vibes »

Full of questions today. Has anybody tried this stuff?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVWo ... s...wItemI was thinking about adding a light coat to my headlight lenses, chrome around the grill and possibly the emblems (I'm leaning towards debadging right now).I'm in Texas. Anybody know what the laws are. I'm sure they can't be too dark. I've always had a smoked tinted License plate cover (on front) and never pulled over.
J.Mack __0 >;(_/_) "Grab Life by the Handlebars!"2004 VIBE (Hers) - Fusion Orange (BevoVibe) - May she R.I.P2007 VIBE (His) - Moonstone (MakoVibe)
damronjr

Re: Spray on Tint for lenses (His_and_Her_Vibes)

Post by damronjr »

I'm thinking in TX (I'm from Allen, TX, just north if Dallas) it is probably illegal to have any of your lights tinted, but just go to an inspection station and ask one of the inspectors there to be sure.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
NascarXprt

Re: Spray on Tint for lenses (damronjr)

Post by NascarXprt »

yea thats your best bet is to goto an state inspection station and ask or you can as your local police about that.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Mr. Joe

Re: Spray on Tint for lenses (NascarXprt)

Post by Mr. Joe »

15 years ago I was a state inspector in Texas and it wouldn't pass then. They probably haven't changed that What you did was get the ones that Velcro, or snap, on so that you could take them off at night. As long as it's easily removable for night driving it's okay. Never could understand why someone would purposely impair their night vision by tinting the lenses.
2007 Frosty Pontiac Vibe, picked it up 6-01-071480 milesLife is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming..."WOW! What a ride!"
His_and_Her_Vibes

Re: Spray on Tint for lenses (Mr. Joe)

Well, how the heck did ya end up Up there Mr Joe???I was just thinking a Very light tint (like one coat) would look good w/blacked-out interior HLs and help blend them in to the Moonstone nicely. I seriously doubt that it would reduce the light output since I will most likely install HIDs (or something brighter than stock, like Osram SS). Actually I don't like the HL covers (like Toasted7's). Too 'Bugish' looking. Know what I mean?In any case I appreciate the feedback. I'll pull into the Inspection station and check next time I'm thinking about it. Which is the stage I'm at. I did go ahead and De-Badge wknd before last. Looks good!
J.Mack __0 >;(_/_) "Grab Life by the Handlebars!"2004 VIBE (Hers) - Fusion Orange (BevoVibe) - May she R.I.P2007 VIBE (His) - Moonstone (MakoVibe)
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Tinted headlight covers are not for everyone...
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
His_and_Her_Vibes

Re: Spray on Tint for lenses (Toasted7)

Hey Toast! That's one sweet ride ya got there! Love the color! (Wish mine was a Monotone.)You should name your ride "Venom". That's what the HL covers remind me of. Spiderman's alter (evil)ego, VENOM! LOL!What color is that front emblem overlay? I'm going to copy that!
Mr. Joe

Post by Mr. Joe »

Quote, originally posted by His_and_Her_Vibes »Well, how the heck did ya end up Up there Mr Joe???Long story, but here's the short.... I lived almost my entire life in Texas, then I met my wife, and now I'm in Michigan. Funny how life is sometimes. I like the weather up here MUCH better.
2007 Frosty Pontiac Vibe, picked it up 6-01-071480 milesLife is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming..."WOW! What a ride!"
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Quote, originally posted by His_and_Her_Vibes »What color is that front emblem overlay? I'm going to copy that! I don't remember what color that overlay is... I got it from grafxwerks, same color as my steering wheel overlay as well.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom