small leaks around sunroof seal

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
mixer

small leaks around sunroof seal

Post by mixer »

The seal is in excellent shape, but I have noticed at the rear corner of the passenger side there is a small amount of leakage(rain, carwash). Is there any adjustments that can be made? I thought the sunroof might not be seating properly. The seal is not cracked or torn.
04 Vibe "SS" (Pontiac Dealer/Owner project),"SS"/TRD GraphicsTRD Tuned by Toyota (Dealership)Vibrant Strutbar,Polished Stainless Muffler Spectre Modular CAI- Body ColorBody Color Engine Cover w/Grafxwerks reflective overlayStellar Alarm System, Sony Xplod "GIGA PANEL" Blacked Out Z-24 15" rims w/ Goodyear Triple Tread Assurance
djb383

Re: small leaks around sunroof seal (mixer)

Post by djb383 »

It's my understanding this is normal as there are drain tubes in the channel that allow this small amount of leakage to drain away.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
scherry2

Re: small leaks around sunroof seal (djb383)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by djb383 »It's my understanding this is normal as there are drain tubes in the channel that allow this small amount of leakage to drain away.yep there is.now is it leaking onto the interior of the car?
mcgusto82

Re: small leaks around sunroof seal (scherry2)

Post by mcgusto82 »

the drain tubes must be clogged. i've seen this happen. Try a wire hanger, straighten it, and try to clear it out before you start movign your sunroof.
djb383

Re: small leaks around sunroof seal (djb383)

Post by djb383 »

If it's not leaking into the interior of the car, the drain tubes are doing there job.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
SeattleJeremy

Re: small leaks around sunroof seal (mcgusto82)

Post by SeattleJeremy »

You might want to try a fuzzy pipe cleaner before sticking a jagged wire hanger up there.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT