Side Markers!

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
McVibe

Side Markers!

Post by McVibe »

Wow, it's been nearly a year since I've posted on here which makes me quite sad BUTI did get back into modding my Vibe.I just ordered some Eurolite clear LED side markers for the ol' Vibe. I'm goin for that Voltz look I'll be sure to post pics as soon as the install takes place. Hopefully this weekend.Also looking at new headers and possibly a cat-back soon
2004 Vibe Base Cosmo Racing CAI (Orange) Eurolite Xenon Headlights, foglights, reverse light, Licence Plate Lights and Dome Lights:star: JVC KD-DV5100 Headunit 7" Sharp LCD 2 12" Legacy 500w Subwoofers 400w Legacy Amp Custom Bult Sub box 3 Pillar pod Gauges Painted Engine Cover Jom Billet Aluminum Stubby Anntena
damronjr

Re: Side Markers! (McVibe)

Post by damronjr »

Def been a while, and can't wait to see pics of the side markers installed!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

i found a sweet set of markers have to wire it up but they look pretty sweethttp://www.delcity.net/delcity...age=1and by the way this is an awesome company for electrical stuff and a lil secret is that if you order the catalog its a lil cheaper ordering from the internet
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
McVibe

Re: (Raivis)

Post by McVibe »

oh wow Raivis those are sharp lookin, I really like the chrome around em. EDIT: I went out to try to figgure out how to get to my quarter panel the best way. I determined that removing the entire quarter panel would be the best way to install the side markers. Only one problem though, I have no idea how to. If any one could link me a previous thread on removing the front quarter panel or if you could tell me, that would be fantastic
2004 Vibe Base Cosmo Racing CAI (Orange) Eurolite Xenon Headlights, foglights, reverse light, Licence Plate Lights and Dome Lights:star: JVC KD-DV5100 Headunit 7" Sharp LCD 2 12" Legacy 500w Subwoofers 400w Legacy Amp Custom Bult Sub box 3 Pillar pod Gauges Painted Engine Cover Jom Billet Aluminum Stubby Anntena
Whelan

Re: (Raivis)

Post by Whelan »

I wouldnt mind a set but I cannot drill a hole into my panel I drilled 8 into my gf's roof on her Liberty for the light bar. One was 2" in diameter for the plug/relay.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
McVibe

Re: (Whelan)

Post by McVibe »

I just got the kit in and I'll only have to drill a 20 and an 8 mm hole in the fender. It's a shame but I can't get the lighting on the marker exactly the way I want it. I WAS originally going to have the side marker light up whilst the driving lights were on and blink when the turn signals were activated BUT for some reason when I tested it tonight the driving lights would still be on when the turn signal would be on. Thus the turn signal would be useless. So I still have to decide whether I want them to always be on when my headlights are on, or only on when my signals are on. Any opinions?
millster

Re: (McVibe)

Post by millster »

How exactly were you wiring it for your test?
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
McVibe

Re: (millster)

Post by McVibe »

Quote, originally posted by millster »How exactly were you wiring it for your test?I removed the turn signal bulb from the harness and inserted the ground and the running light and turn signal wires from the side marker into the slots for the connection of the bulb. I tried switching the wires too, but to no avail. I did find out that the blinker blinks much faster when only the sidemarker is hooked up and not the bulb
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by McVibe » I did find out that the blinker blinks much faster when only the sidemarker is hooked up and not the bulb That is normal. It's to tell you that you have a bulb out, silly.And if you looked at your dash the indicator light should have been solid, i.e. not blinking.I would be careful about how you wire this ad on lights. Pending where you go for inspection the shop could give you a hard time with them.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

You're probably going to have to make some sort of circuit if you want the lights to be on when the parking lights are on and flash with the turn signals. Many cars over the years have had something such as this, usually the end result is the side marker light flashes opposite of the turn signals. I'm not sure how they manage to do that... Also, kinda like what the GM cars use for their turn signal DRL's - on all the time and then when the turn signal flashes, the DRL's allow the bulb to flash.... Me personally, I'd just wire them into the lead that is going to the higher wattage filament on the turn signal bulb up front so you're just getting the flash with the turn signals and not on all the time.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
millster

Post by millster »

What CP mentioned is what I was thinking. Tapping the low-wattage side of the turn signals to have the lights be on with the headlamps. Splice a normally closed relay inline and trigger that relay with the high-wattage flashing side of the turn signal circuit. The relay will open when energized and the sidemarkers will flash. Albeit opposite the turn signals, but honestly I think that's the way most of them are even from the factory.Now, all that said this works in theory. I don't really advocate any major modifications to your car's electrical system as all kinds of demons can arise from it. In order to absolve myself of any responsibility for misinformation, I'll forgo trying to make recommendations on any particular parts because I can't remember much of the Vibe's lighting wattages and the like. If you do want to undertake anything mentioned above, someone else will have to help with the details.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
McVibe

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by McVibe »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »And if you looked at your dash the indicator light should have been solid, i.e. not blinking.Well I did go inside the car and the turn signal indicator was blinking at the same rate my lights were.Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »I would be careful about how you wire this ad on lights. Pending where you go for inspection the shop could give you a hard time with them.The lights are 100% DOT approved in all 50 States and I go to a local shop that my family has gone to for many years, so hopefully I'll pass. If not, I'll be very upset come inspection time each year. But I've gotten used to replacing all of my bulbs with stock ones come that time of year Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Me personally, I'd just wire them into the lead that is going to the higher wattage filament on the turn signal bulb up front so you're just getting the flash with the turn signals and not on all the time. I think that's the route I'm gonna go for. It seems that it would be the logical thing to do considering the great stress it would be to get a relay going just to have them on all of the time.I'll definately get some pics up as soon as they are installed though. Might be as early as tomorrow (weather permitting). Also permitting that my friend get's his Chevelle off of the rotisserie in his garage
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

I have mine wired for just the turn signal. When I first installed them they were lit up when I turned the ights on and I didn't like it, now they are off all the time unless I need to signal. Where did you mount yours?
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
phunkyvibe

Re: Side Markers! (McVibe)

Post by phunkyvibe »

Hey Mcvibe, I like the side markers! I was also looking into doin something like that, heres a set Ive found.