Rock Gaurding

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
phunkyvibe

Rock Gaurding

Post by phunkyvibe »

In regards to the stone sheild in the active forums here, I was thinking of putting it on the bumper right where the hatch closes because I always get little scratches there. Also right where the door handles are, I was thinking of putting it right behind there, so when you grab the door handle (not me because im too careful) their nails scratch the paint. What would be a good idea to put on these areas in regards to the stick on stuff, or any other ideas to use so it doesn't look to tacky, but stylish at the same time, just to protect these areas?

Attached files
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

they make something that covers the rear hatch there. i had one on mine. it's a black rubber type material to help protect the rear bumper from loading things in and out of the hatch.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kevera

Re: Rock Gaurding (phunkyvibe)

Post by kevera »

They do make a rear bumper protector that sticks on.Why do you have a pic of your engine,shouldn't it be a pic of the rear hatch area.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItemh ... rs...wItem
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

You can buy that 3m rock gaurd clear material that you can apply your self. BlueCrush has it on his front end of his vibe. But I looked at buying my own sheet to custom it for my car in places I wanted, but there are websites that sell kits. AKLGT did it as well but said its hard to install. I went to rockblocker.com and lamin-x for the kits but never bought one.
phunkyvibe

Re: Rock Gaurding (kevera)

Post by phunkyvibe »

Ya, about that pic, i must have uploaded the wrong one. Thanks for noticing
AKLGT

Re: Rock Gaurding (kevera)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »They do make a rear bumper protector that sticks on.Why do you have a pic of your engine,shouldn't it be a pic of the rear hatch area.i was wondering the same thing. LOLbut you can check out rockblocker.com as well. they sell the 3M clear tape by the foot. they may also have one precut for the Vibe/Trix.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS