tent for the vibe!

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
red

tent for the vibe!

Post by red »

if anyone is interested..i discovered that a company named sportenz (??) makes a tent for the vibe like the aztek...looks different...sleeps 4 and they want $189.00 for it ...not including shipping of course! doesnt come with the air matress inside though
bh357

Re: tent for the vibe! (silverawd26)

Post by bh357 »

I can see 2 people. Maybee 3 if you're REALLY close friends
d_m_kolb

Re: tent for the vibe! (bh357)

Post by d_m_kolb »

Maybe the 4 people would be for swinging couples or something.
esjones

Re: tent for the vibe! (red)

Post by esjones »

quote:if anyone is interested..i discovered that a company named sportenz (??) makes a tent for the vibe like the aztekGive us a link or a picture!- ESJ
- Earl Earl Jones, Sales and MarketingHorizon Systems LLChttp://www.horizonsystems.com/ Skype ID: esjonesMy Vibe: '03 Base, 5-speed, ABS, Alum. Wheels, Power Pkg, DVD Nav., Security, Neptune/Graphite
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

Note exactly like the Aztek since you sleep in the Aztek where the Vibe tent you don't actually sleep in the vehicle, but it's still nice:And the company name is Sportz:http://www.tentsontrucks.com/dometogo.htmAlso, this is nothing new. GM did this back in 1973 when their X-body cars (Chevrolet Nova, Oldsmobile Omega, Pontiac Ventura and Buick Apollo) got a hatchback option:The above is a 1974 GTO with the option. Below is a 1974 Nova ad:
Frosty

Re: tent for the vibe! (Admin II)

Post by Frosty »

quote:Maybe the 4 people would be for swinging couples or something. If you have pics to post be sure to put a warning in the subject line
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
Lorin

Re: tent for the vibe! (Salsa!)

Post by Lorin »

The tent looks cool, but what happens if you want to make a trip to the camp store and get some more firewood, or beverages, or drive someplace for sight-seeing? You have to unhook that thing before you can drive away. And if you forget? Oh My!
Lorin2003 Pontiac Vibe GT, Neptune-mono, moons & tunes, power package, side impact airbags, rear seat covers, bumper protector, cargo mat.Mods installed: TRD exhaust, TRD stb, Mods removed: TRD CAI - annoyed by CEL
NovaResource

Re: tent for the vibe! (Lorin)

Post by NovaResource »

quote:The tent looks cool, but what happens if you want to make a trip to the camp store and get some more firewood, or beverages, or drive someplace for sight-seeing? You have to unhook that thing before you can drive away. And if you forget? Oh My!The website that I posted says:quote:Easy to assemble clip design. Spacious interior sleeps 4. Comes with its own carry bag for easy storage. Gear loft and mesh pockets for additional storage. Fully detachable sock so you can drive away from your tent site.And if you forget, you shouldn't be out camping.What if I forget to put rocks around the campfire? Oh My!What if I forget to put out the campfire before I leave? Oh My!What if I forget to open the garage door before driving to the campsite? Oh My!
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

quote:Might as well just go to www.ems.com or www.rei.com and buy a regular tent.I do not see any advantage of having a tent like that.I can.My wife and are average height and can sleep in the hatch ok. The problem would be humidity, foggin up the car, no fresh air. Having the hatch open with the tent attached would give us lots of oxygen.You would have 12v lights at night, (if you wired up a hot outlet), stereo sound, less danger from snakes, bears, cougars....Our tenting days are almost over however, we are graduating to a boler like this....
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
Lorin

Re: tent for the vibe! (NovaResource)

Post by Lorin »

quote:And if you forget, you shouldn't be out camping.What if I forget to put rocks around the campfire? Oh My!What if I forget to put out the campfire before I leave? Oh My!What if I forget to open the garage door before driving to the campsite? Oh My!We camped in the Smokey Mountains (Cades Cove) a few years ago - One of the campers was throwing rocks at a skunk! "Oh My!" People really got excited when the skunk started to do that little dance that precedes a spray. There are plenty of people who shouldn't be camping. Entertainment bonus: Spend some time watching what takes place at a boat ramp when the weekend warriors show up.
Lorin2003 Pontiac Vibe GT, Neptune-mono, moons & tunes, power package, side impact airbags, rear seat covers, bumper protector, cargo mat.Mods installed: TRD exhaust, TRD stb, Mods removed: TRD CAI - annoyed by CEL
NovaResource

Re: tent for the vibe! (Lorin)

Post by NovaResource »

quote:Entertainment bonus: Spend some time watching what takes place at a boat ramp when the weekend warriors show up. A good friend of mine who was like a second father to me had a boat and used to take me boating all the time with him and his son. We would always stop and watch the people try to launch and load their boats off the trailers. It was funny stuff. Let's just say he taught me what not to do by making me watch and then teaching me the correct way.
shenandoah24

Post by shenandoah24 »

We always ditch the car when we go camping...but we do take the boat....There is nothing better than driving out to an island in the middle of the lake and hearing nothing but waves all night. And night boat rides are the best. I live in the city, so I hardly ever get to see many stars, I am in heaven when we are out in the middle of the water looking up at the stars. And my husband is an ex-navy man, so he loves to be surrounded by the stars too....Can't wait to use the vibe to haul the gear to the boat ramp though... I don't think it's tough enough to haul the actual boat...but I am planning on adding a hitch to haul the jet skis!!!!!And to silverawd---wrong thing--trying to load the boat after having a few too many beers!!!! also wrong thing--letting an idiot try to back the trailer down the ramp, also wrong thing--trying to listen to the people not in the vehicle tell you how to back the trailer in the water.I am sure that a lot of you have seen the pic of my dad hauling beer in the backhoe right????--so I learned how to unload/load a 28 foot pontoon boat when I was 13
Heather Proud vibe owner I'M DRIVING IT 'TIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF! IT HAS SURVIVED ABUSE FROM A DUCK......A COYOTE...AN ARMADILLO...A HUGE DEER (NONE OF THEM WERE PETS EITHER ) ...AND A DAUGHTER....WHAT A CAR! 106K AND STILL GOING STRONG!!!!
Lorin

Post by Lorin »

quote:So what is the right thing to do and the wrong thing for loading and unloading a boat?Some of the keys are: plan ahead, keep the car running, and very important if your not 4WD, don't let your rear tires get on the moss that likes to grow on the ramps.A number of years ago, someone lost their entire rig into Brookville reservoir in Indiana 'cause they got too far onto the moss.
drb22

Post by drb22 »

I am actually considering buying this. The biggest problem I see is that it is not often you get to a campsite where you can park on nice level grassy ground like in the picture. I think this would be great pain, always having to find that perfect spot for both car and tent.
Shadow Vibe - two tone (almost no need for the monotone in this color IMHO) - slate interior - power package - moon and tunes - abs - 16" aluminum wheels - and the GD on the radio! http://www.cardomain.com/id/db_vibe
drb22

Post by drb22 »

If you turn off your interior light, doesn't the back light stay off also??? I am not sure. I like the idea of being able to put your cooler and other stuff in the hatch and having easy access. It only seems like it would be good for that "perfect" campsite where it is grassy and flat. 3-4 seasons? No way, if the temp is getting anywhere below 50 degrees, I am staying in a hotel room, I see no reason to rough it! I see this as a summer traveling tent.
Shadow Vibe - two tone (almost no need for the monotone in this color IMHO) - slate interior - power package - moon and tunes - abs - 16" aluminum wheels - and the GD on the radio! http://www.cardomain.com/id/db_vibe
KSNeptune

Post by KSNeptune »

quote: how about the dome lights staying on and having the battery lose juice.The interior lights are on a timer. Leave them on without closing a door or turning off the switch, and they will turn themselves off after several minutes. At least that's what they did to me when I was working for an hour on the cargo area interior with the hatch open.KSNeptune
Kangaroooski

Re: tent for the vibe! (shenandoah24)

Post by Kangaroooski »

quote:We always ditch the car when we go camping...Me too, but for the most fun I pack up my cycle
Kangaroooski 2003 Neptune Vibe (base) 5-speed 16" alloy wheels Thule playpen basket Hidden Hitch DeBadged 2004 cladding installed LETS GO RED WINGS 2004 Yamaha FZ6 with satellite navagation
TGebiV

Post by TGebiV »

LOL attach some speed tape and trash bags to the inside of you hatch and poof a vibe tent! or use the tent you have back your vibe up to it and just like the pic? lol that thig is funny i am going to put pontoons on it and you can say you have a boat kit for your vibe?
Frosty Vibe GT Monotone. Power packageMods Tinted windows.
Susky

Post by Susky »

Does this version seem any more appealing? It depends more on the camper sleeping in the vehicle...and a guy like me would have to hang his feet off the back. At least it would keep the 'skeeters off!
---------2003 Base Vibe, monotone salsa, AT, the ever-important power package...and that's it!(What can I say...I'm a cheap little weasel!) ---------
Susky

Post by Susky »

I already have a tent. The add-on thing looks interesting for times where pitching a tent isn't a good option. Yeah, I know...but it's still kind of freak-show interesting to me.And never you mind what vestibule I'm putting my equipment in.
---------2003 Base Vibe, monotone salsa, AT, the ever-important power package...and that's it!(What can I say...I'm a cheap little weasel!) ---------
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

http://www.napierenterprises.c...id=63
Herb

Toppola

Post by Herb »

Here's something interesting I saw. The Toppola Camper was made only for Sabb's, and it bolts in place of the rear hatch. Some of the specs:When you first enter the TC you’ll realize how throughly engineered the design really is. In front on the second level, you’ll find the generous queensize bed (200 X 170 cm) with room to spare even for large people. Underneath the big bed there is room for 2 more bunks when the cars rear seat is folded in the down position.The Pantry part, where you get full headroom (200 cm) it is well lit and comfortable, due to the large windows that can be opened. In the ordinary working height there’s a sink with running water connected to a drainage system with a water tank and electric stove with two burners. In the roof above the pantry there’s an air vent. * Toppola Camper is built to be mounted on 3-5 doors Saab 99 and 900 * Length:3.3m * Largest width: 1.9m * Height: 2.0 meters * Top height mounted on a car: circa 2.5m * Internal height: (standing up) 2.0m * Weight: circa 150 kg (total weight increase circa 115 kg due to the removal of the rear hatch when the TC is mounted.) * Material: Fiberglass polyester, sandwich construction with termanto-isolation as “distance material?” * Outer walls are 20 mm thick altogether (=Winter proof). Internal cupboards and shelves is made in board or plywood covered with a hardened surface. * Car mounting: 6 roof points with strengthened plates. Rear mountings in the ordinary rear hatch lock. * Electrical system: 12 volts connected to car electrical system. * Internal lights: 2 bedside, 3 in the pantry * Water: Electrical pump with an automatic tap. Freshwater tank holds 10 liters. * Drain: Connected system with spill water tank. * Electronic kerosene stove (Wallas) with 2 burners. Works with the internal fan system as a central heater. * Ventilation: 1 roof valve, 1 free operable roof hatch with mosquito net, 2 smaller windows on the upper level, 2 large windows in the pantry. * Mount time: 15- 30 minutes * Extra accessories: Fire extinguisher, foot step, kitchen fan, AC, Spring hardener, mount stand."

Attached files
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
natevaz22

Re: tent for the vibe!

Post by natevaz22 »

https://us.napieroutdoors.com/store/cat ... duct_id:6/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;