logo removal

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
KNINE

logo removal

Post by KNINE »

I've seen a couple of cars with the VIBE removed from the side of the car. I like the clean look. I want to remove mine, and just leave the arrowheads on the car. Any tips for removing the letters? I'm assuming they're adhesive. I don't want to mess up the paint.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
binary

Re: logo removal (K-NINE)

Post by binary »

Searching under de-badge (which can throw you off and give you no hits if you search for debadge)... http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=15574Scroll through the article - I posted some pics and tips. Drop me a line if you get stuck.
KNINE

Re: logo removal (binary)

Post by KNINE »

Thanks. I did a search with "logo removal" and got nowhere. I knew there had to be a post on this somewhere. Is there anything you guys haven't done to your cars yet?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Is there anything you guys haven't done to your cars yet? Drop an LS1 in one.
Mrizzle05

Re: logo removal (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

twin turbo, lsd (that i know of), lift kit!!!
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE » Is there anything you guys haven't done to your cars yet? chopped and channeled.
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

How about the DONK look 24 or 26 wheel's. lol...nuvibe
nuvibe

Re: (nuvibe)

Post by nuvibe »

Sorry I gaged after I wrote that... nuvibe
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

I just heated the logos with a heat gun and used wax-free dental floss to get them off. Just clean the residue with goo-gone and your good to go!
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
KNINE

Re: logo removal (ajflan)

Post by KNINE »

Did you use mint flavor or plain dental floss?
tcam

Re: logo removal (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by tcam »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Is there anything you guys haven't done to your cars yet? I don't think anyone on here has done lambo doors yet. But you're right, we done just about everything to our vibes.
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Definitely mint.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Use a hair drier to heat them up, then use a piece of monofilament fishing line to cut through the softened adhesive. Once removed, use an adhesive removeing chemical to remove the adhesive residue, rinse with clean water.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
ajflan

Re: logo removal (DiveNut)

Post by ajflan »

Adhesive removing chemical=Goo-Gone
DiveNut

Re: logo removal (ajflan)

Post by DiveNut »

Yup...that's what's in my garage Ajflan. Works like a charm.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Nobody's taken their AWD Vibes and made them into rear wheel drive only and taken them drifting! Hint, hint!
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header