painting the vibe monotone??

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
platinum_

painting the vibe monotone??

Post by platinum_ »

hey guys, i have a silver dual tone vibe and the grey plastic going around the car is really just getting ugly. anyone know if i can get that painted to make the car monotone? if so any ideas on how much and also how much to paint the whole car? (i wanna go black). im in kw which is pretty close to toronto if anyone knows some shops
Lancer

Re: painting the vibe monotone?? (platinum_)

Post by Lancer »

I looked into painting the cladding on mine last year. $1100 usd just for all the gray parts (got a supercharger instead ). Most of the cost will be labor since the body shop would have to take off ALL the clading, prep it, prime them with specal chemicals so the paint will stick on the flexable plastic, then prime and paint and clearcoat.I'd say add another $2-3 grand for the whole car.I still want to do it. We'll see how I make out with this years tax return.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
platinum_

Post by platinum_ »

i assume that was at the dealer, i dont even want to bother with those pricks. im finished with them for sure. i am going into maaco tommorow just to see, i have a 25% off coupon from them
damronjr

Re: (platinum_)

Post by damronjr »

Just remember, you get what you pay for! They may do a decent looking job, but it may not last as long as if you you paid more. Just food for thought!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
platinum_

Post by platinum_ »

hmn, imgonna have to have a nice chat with them then. i just cant stand the cladding, makes it look like a cheapass car. i wanted to paint the whole thing black, but at the very least make it monotone ... and as long as it lasts for another yr or two and i'll sell it anyway, cant keep a car too long hehe
mcgusto82

Re: (platinum_)

Post by mcgusto82 »

good luck, let us know what they tell you. i also want to paint the vibe. i want a GLOOSY chery red.
vibedrvr04

Post by vibedrvr04 »

I think a nice metallic British Racing Green would look cool for the vibe. Hmm....
Baltovibe

Re: painting the vibe monotone?? (platinum_)

Post by Baltovibe »

Quote, originally posted by platinum_ »I have a silver dual tone vibe and the grey plastic going around the car is really just getting ugly.If you have a 2003 Vibe, I think there is a TSB on replacing the cladding.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=5742
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
Lancer

Re: painting the vibe monotone?? (Baltovibe)

Post by Lancer »

That's just for the side rockers, not the whole clading. And it only comes in gray unless you can find factory painted parts at a junkyard.And about the price that was quoted to me about painting just the cladding. That was the cheapest (for the quaility) I could find around hear and it was at a local body shop, not the dealership. They wanted $1400 to do just the clading!If I get enough money to paint the whole car I'm going with either a silver pearl like the skyline in 2fast 2furious (I know what it sound like). I love that color. Or the Vibe FX yellow. My wife likes that color.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
remusrm

Post by remusrm »

i would love not to have the clading painter.... is hard clean and gets chiped really easy... i think i like the base look...
09 MazdaSpeed3 ZOOM-ZOOM
GMJAP

Re: painting the vibe monotone?? (Lancer)

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »I looked into painting the cladding on mine last year. $1100 usd just for all the gray parts (got a supercharger instead ). Most of the cost will be labor since the body shop would have to take off ALL the clading, prep it, prime them with specal chemicals so the paint will stick on the flexable plastic, then prime and paint and clearcoat.Do you know what's needed to prep the flexible plastic for paint? I'm thinking of painting the GM splash guards, which I assume are similar to cladding.
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
tnpartsguy

Re: painting the vibe monotone?? (GMJAP)

Post by tnpartsguy »

for the splash guards, use the Krylon Fusion paint. It WILL bond to the plastic...I am in process of doing my guards right now
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.