Do you want altezzas for the Vibe?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
slbpsi63

Do you want altezzas for the Vibe?

Post by slbpsi63 »

I have noticed that their are a couple of us on the site looking for alezzas for the Vibe. I received notice today from APC that they should be out by the end of Summer (we can hope). SO my question is what style lights do you want?
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
DopeVibeGT

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (slbpsi63)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Definitely need tails!
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
DopeVibeGT

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (DopeVibeGT)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

And why would you say these suck?! They are sweet!!
NovaResource

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (DopeVibeGT)

Post by NovaResource »

Gaudy, tacky, tasteless and downright ugly.
DopeVibeGT

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (NovaResource)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

To each their own. I'll be first in line. (Without the carbon fiber look, though. Changed pic.)
Flip-Side

Post by Flip-Side »

quote:Gaudy, tacky, tasteless and downright ugly.That is what I said when I first saw altizzas. They always look out of place. Fact is...I HATE the stock tail lights because of the tacky yellow stripe on them. It looks horrid in any dark color (Neptune/Abyse). I would buy the ones above, but would paint that ugly grey, blue to match my car.Ahem......THE YELLOW SUCKS!!!! It is a tacky design mistake that is one of the only disadvantages the Vibe has oppossed to the Matrix. I feel better now.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
DopeVibeGT

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (Flip-Side)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Yeah, I think they are that flat black so they can be painted. That would look so sick with body color paint on it!
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

quote:I HATE the stock tail lights because of the tacky yellow stripe on them.Yellow stripe? First of all, it's Amber, not yellow, and second, it's called the turn signal lens, not a stripe. While red turn signals are legal in America, there are other countries where they are required to be amber. I'm sure it was done because the Vibe is sold in those countries as well as America.
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

I would buy the ones above, but would paint that ugly grey, blue to match my car.That is what I told the guy from APC. I hope they come out with the 3-D lights. Right now the Matrix just has the basic clear tailights. (yuck)
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

I'm sure they will come out with more than one design. I remember when they first became popular, they looked like headlights. No red lenses or anything, just a smokey white colored plastic that needed red bulbs that lasted a month at tops. Now those were nasty.
Vibe

Post by Vibe »

quote:Gaudy, tacky, tasteless and downright ugly. AND MULTIPLY THAT TIMES 3----I wouldn't be seen with those on my Vibe.
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Thanks for clearing that up, Scott. I was wondering what they meant by a 'yellow' stripe.
Flip-Side

Post by Flip-Side »

quote:Yellow stripe? First of all, it's Amber, not yellowOops! I called my Neptune Vibe, Blue. Sorry for the mix-up. Yes, it probly is for sale to other countries so I see your point. But the Matrix doesn't have the Amber turn signal, so I figured it could be done for the vibe as well. I did not originally want anything called Altizzas on my vibe, but they are the only replacement tail-lights to be found. I just dislike the Amber stripe....
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

quote:Oops! I called my Neptune Vibe, Blue.Neptune is just the name Pontiac gave to the color blue. Amber, however is a totally different color than yellow. Yellow is a primary color while amber is a orange/brown tinted yellow.quote:But the Matrix doesn't have the Amber turn signal, so I figured it could be done for the vibe as well.Remember, the Matrix isn't sold in Japan, a slightly revised version of the Vibe (named the Voltz) is. Also, the lighting systems of the Matrix and Vibe are different. I know the Matrix has seperate low and high beam headlights where the Vibe has a single low/high bulb. I'm not 100% sure but I think the Matrix uses the brake lights as the rear turn signals while the Vibe has seperate bulbs for the brake lights and the rear turn signals.
Yoda

yellow

Post by Yoda »

The Altezza's in the pic look very nice. I just hope they come in chrome so that I won't have to paint mine black, er Abyss, no wait Dark Gray Metallic... What's that they're already dark gray? I'm so confused, I just know that I want that ugly amber/yellow/brown mixed with yellow stripe gone so my car will go as fast as a rice-burning civic...
My old Abyss GT - Power, Moon and Tunes, Monochrome Mods - Installed , then removed, Sylvannia Silverstars (Headlamp only)Future mods - ?
Flip-Side

Re: yellow (Yoda)

Post by Flip-Side »

quote:I'm so confused, I just know that I want that ugly amber/yellow/brown mixed with yellow stripe gone so my car will go as fast as a rice-burning civic... The yellow primary/brown mix Amber Stripe of DOOM reduces your HP by at least 10. I put duct tape over it and my quarter mile times were much better.
slbpsi63

Re: yellow (Flip-Side)

Post by slbpsi63 »

quote:The yellow primary/brown mix Amber Stripe of DOOM reduces your HP by at least 10. I put duct tape over it and my quarter mile times were much better. ROFL!!!!So If I get the 3d Altezzas that would give me how much extra HP??? I want to hit 500HP. I already 60 Chiquita banana stickers on my hood. So I gotta be hittin' 300 HP soon, right Flip Side??
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

quote:The yellow primary/brown mix Amber Stripe of DOOM reduces your HP by at least 10. I put duct tape over it and my quarter mile times were much better. All you need to do is put a sticker on the side of your car, saying Eibach, PIAA, Injen, etc, and with each one of those, it will give you 10 HP! No bull!! Thats why they do that!
Flip-Side

Re: yellow (slbpsi63)

Post by Flip-Side »

quote:I already 60 Chiquita banana stickers on my hood. So I gotta be hittin' 300 HP soon, right Flip Side??Well...I use Del Monte banana stickers, but to each his own. Back to the tail lights though, I would definately get em if they are a good quality and they dont have the chrome/silver framing the normal altizzas have.
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

I Agree!! No cheesy chriome altezza's That's why I like the new 3D lights. They look unique just like the Vibe.
Sub-Vibe-R

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

The 3d Altezzas are nice. There's too much regular Altezza on the road (espcially Civic and Integra). I think I will get a pair and paint them to fit the colour of my car.
redtrdmatrix

Re: yellow (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by redtrdmatrix »

Can you say RICE.
03 Radiant Red Matrix XR 5speed with sport package and factory 17'sMods:TRD Sport MufflerTRD Strut Tower BarTRD GrilleInjen CAIMOMO Tomahawk shift knobTEIN springsSilverstar lows, highs and fogsAlpine CDA 7892 headunitInfinity Reference 625i speakers
Stang2Vibe

Re: yellow (toyota4life)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Rice? What's up with that? Looks like you're all about Toyota. Last time I checked, all their balance sheets still tallied all their corporate income and expenses in yen. ???
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

quote:Can you say RICE.Rice.
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

quote:Can you say RICE.While I agree with you, since you're "Mr. Toyota" and like to badmouth our Pontiacs, wouldn't that make you the Pot calling the Kettle black?
Yoda

Re: yellow (NovaResource)

Post by Yoda »

Oh great, another topic that's about to get shut down. Nice avatar BTW - what is it?
My old Abyss GT - Power, Moon and Tunes, Monochrome Mods - Installed , then removed, Sylvannia Silverstars (Headlamp only)Future mods - ?
Flip-Side

Post by Flip-Side »

quote:Oh great, another topic that's about to get shut down. Nice avatar BTW - what is it?Woo-Hoo!!! Anime Avatars Kick ***!!!
LocDog

Post by LocDog »

-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
Stang2Vibe

Re: yellow (LocDog)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Christopher Lowell and Richard Simmons, now there's a match made in hell!!!
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
DopeVibeGT

Re: yellow (Stang2Vibe)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Someone likes posting pictures to get their points across. LoL
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

quote:Oh great, another topic that's about to get shut down.I'm such an instigator, LOL!quote:Nice avatar BTW - what is it?Masakazu Katsura's "Shadow Lady".There isn't much on the web about it but here's one good site:http://www.geocities.com/morecrazymc/sh ... wlady.html
LocDog

Re: yellow (DopeVibeGT)

Post by LocDog »

Its so appropriate I just cant help myself.
-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
baltimore17

Post by baltimore17 »

quote:Gaudy, tacky, tasteless and downright ugly.Yup, sounds about like what I want. My favorite tail lights are on the Altima. My second favorites are on the Saturn Ion sedan. Gimme chrome tubes under clear plastic. No stickers. No CAI. Just glitz and wretched excess.BTW, the tail light's amber turn signals can be done with amber bulbs under clear lenses, can't they? They certainly do that at the front of a lot of cars.
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

LOL. See, those lights I dont like. I dont like chromie look on the tails. Now, the 3D lights I posted a picture of are nice, and can be painted to blend in. And it seems the majority agree.
redtrdmatrix

Post by redtrdmatrix »

quote:Its so appropriate I just cant help myself. I may have a toyota but like i said before"I'm not into show just go" and I have to agree 100% with you LocDog altezzas are crap and not to mention low quality. I'm sure alot of us have seen some fogged up altezzas before.
03 Radiant Red Matrix XR 5speed with sport package and factory 17'sMods:TRD Sport MufflerTRD Strut Tower BarTRD GrilleInjen CAIMOMO Tomahawk shift knobTEIN springsSilverstar lows, highs and fogsAlpine CDA 7892 headunitInfinity Reference 625i speakers
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Hey Toyota. Did you make the Animated GIF in you sig? If so, what did you use?? Thanks.
redtrdmatrix

Post by redtrdmatrix »

quote:Hey Toyota. Did you make the Animated GIF in you sig? If so, what did you use?? Thanks. Just search the net for a gif that you like and just copy the link to it and put it under image in you signature and not under link.
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Umm, I know that! There is no one made that fits what I want. Ah well, thanks anyway.
redtrdmatrix

Post by redtrdmatrix »

Try google and just write the name of the anime you want and something you like may pop up(just be patient cuz it took me a long time to find one that I liked).
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Made my own.
redtrdmatrix

Post by redtrdmatrix »

Looks good. Where are you hosting it?
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

Hey guys can you please move the post on the for the anime links to a different forum. I have e-mail APC with this link so they can see the results of the poll and what people had to say. (Nice anime though!!!) I'm just trying to keep the topic going. Thanks.
mu_ohio

Post by mu_ohio »

I wouldn't mind something a little different for the Vibe. I think the lights on the back look GM truck like. Personally I would like to see something similar to what's on my Mazda6. The tail lights are mainly red, but the parking and turn signals are clear. The turn signal has an "amber" bulb. I'm not a fan of the completely clear Altima lens since it doesn't flow well with the car IMO. On the other hand, the Matrix's tail lights have a pink shade to part of them which I don't care for either. I orignally liked them, but after seeing the same Matrix in the lot at work for 6 months, I've actually grown sick of the pink.
2004 Pontiac GTOPhantom Black w/black leather
NY Pete

Re: yellow (silverawd26)

Post by NY Pete »

quote:If they come out with clear and a solid read ones, I would consider getting a pair.I agree. Other than that no one should bother, IMO... my avatar pretty much says it all!
'02 Jetta 1.8T Silver Arrow/Black Leathuh - Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe, 17" VW Exor wheels, euro Bora tails, Neuspeed Sofsport Springs, Bilstein HD's, Da'lan hitch'03 20thAE GTI #3494 Imola Yellow/Black Recaros - Omori/AWE boost gauge, HPA Motorsports Short shifter, Neuspeed 28mm rear sway, REVO programming, Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe, FK Badgeless grille, Kamei eyelids and one big fat grin
latina_qt

Post by latina_qt »

I DEFINITELY WANT ALTEZZAS!!! I really like the ones on the Altima and the Lexus Mini SUV. I prefere a chrome background to match my silver VIBE! If anybody finds any, could you please let me know?
Latina QT
NovaResource

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (latina_qt)

Post by NovaResource »

I know it's a personal opinion thing but I agree with NY Pete: I love the Altima but hate the tail lights. Same for the Lexus and the Ford Lightning.
satur9

Post by satur9 »

why would people want tailights that dont match thier headlight. those 3-d's are hideous .however the altima style tailights "euros" apc calls them .they match our headlights pefectly. clear cover(i think our headlights are a little smoked though)round light housings that are chromed. this tailight tread started cause headlights were clear and people wanted the rear to match .somebody should copy the headlight design completely.and then put the red lenses in the appropriate spots.these i would buy.
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
satur9

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (satur9)

Post by satur9 »

tailight trend its spoused to say(see above)
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
DopeVibeGT

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (satur9)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

:: opens mouth. Inserts foot:: Great weather we're having here in PA!!!
DopeVibeGT

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (silverawd26)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

LoL I was wondering what icon you were reffering to. Ummm, lets say it's a mixed drink...Red Death maybe?