Do you want altezzas for the Vibe?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
canadavibegt

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (slbpsi63)

Post by canadavibegt »

Altezza's suck.... they are gaudy and ugly and realy are no longer very original at all. Keep them stock to be different. Not to mention a large number of the after market lights do not meet the Motor Vehicle act Equipment Regulations.... or SAE or DOT specs.Yuk
Canada Rocks View pics of my car here. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/v ... _id=345207
drunkenmaxx

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (canadavibegt)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

well, i think your opinion sucks! is it necessary to be an a-hole and post that?sheesh
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
engine1

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (canadavibegt)

Post by engine1 »

I think you need to look closly at APC lights, they all have the DOT required info on the len just like OEM lighting. If they did not you would have no time to post here as you would be to busy calling tow trucks and writing tickets. There are definitly lights that do not meet spec but working in the industry as I do, these are few and far between. You and your fellow members must be overwhelmed by the amount of changes to the MVA, and peoples desire to customize their vehicles in a sometimes unsafe manner, but do realize that companies who make this product want people to use them without worrying about being pulled over, so they go the distance to make sure all regs are met. I know you are a member but you need to look at some products a little more closely. Look at the new Mazda cars, almost all of them have an APC like rear tail lens, clear cover (or even smoked) with recessed lighting, Nissan also does this(Altima). BTW the SAE( society of automotive engineers ) rating doesn't apply to aftermarket 'performance' products, only products that are OE equivilant.Quote, originally posted by canadavibegt »Altezza's suck.... they are gaudy and ugly and realy are no longer very original at all. Keep them stock to be different. Not to mention a large number of the after market lights do not meet the Motor Vehicle act Equipment Regulations.... or SAE or DOT specs.Yuk
Abyss Monotone Power Package All exterior lights upgraded to Piaa 60 Series Flowmaster, K&N Typhoon Autometer liquid filled oil pressure guage 5% Tint on all five rear windows Hurst Pistol Grip shifter, Piaa Sports Horns
AKLGT

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (engine1)

Post by AKLGT »

didn't they get in trouble recently and have to recall alot of their product because it didn't meet DOT standards? i know here, places that sell them put for show or off road use ONLY! not DOT approved.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Flip-Side

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (trdvibe)

Post by Flip-Side »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »didn't they get in trouble recently and have to recall alot of their product because it didn't meet DOT standards?According to this article, they were fined. No mention if all or only some of the lights don't meet standards. http://consumeraffairs.com/news03/lights.html
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
engine1

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (Flip-Side)

Post by engine1 »

I know they have been i trouble before, but I pulled every pair of APC lights off the shelf and everyone had the applicable DOT rating clearly on the lens.
Abyss Monotone Power Package All exterior lights upgraded to Piaa 60 Series Flowmaster, K&N Typhoon Autometer liquid filled oil pressure guage 5% Tint on all five rear windows Hurst Pistol Grip shifter, Piaa Sports Horns
GT-X

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (engine1)

Post by GT-X »

You know what we need to forget about the lights and get a decent body kit already I'm not a big fan of clear tail lights...but thats just my opinion.
Injen CAIGReddy ExhaustProgress 2.2 drop SpringsRollers: Enkei RS7 Rubber: Nitto 555 225/40R18Red Windshield StripDeVlop Strut Tower Braceand Mad Style!!!
scherry2

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (GT-X)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by GT-X »I'm not a big fan of clear tail lights...but thats just my opinion. I agree and the 05 matrix has em stock.
ragingfish

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (scherry2)

Post by ragingfish »

I used to be big in wanting them, not so much for the clear aspect, but rather the 3D aspect...but seeing them on the 05 matrix turned me off!!!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
astromer

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (ragingfish)

Post by astromer »

anyone know where to buy red/clear lights? they remove the "amber" ugliness.( this one in picture is not for the Vibe, but shows the style )
--------------------------------------------------------------People seem to enjoy things more when they know a lot of other people have been left out of the pleasure.BoDY kIt aNDy http://www.racerwheel.com
NY Pete

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (astromer)

Post by NY Pete »

Quote, originally posted by astromer »anyone know where to buy red/clear lights? they remove the "amber" ugliness.( this one in picture is not for the Vibe, but shows the style ) Keep dreaming, but it won't happen for another couple years... 95% of the people that drive these cars don't do anything to them except put gas in them and drive... Matrix's (matrices?) are a different story... don't ask why, it just sucks, but y'all have to deal with it I guess.Pete
'02 Jetta 1.8T Silver Arrow/Black Leathuh - Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe, 17" VW Exor wheels, euro Bora tails, Neuspeed Sofsport Springs, Bilstein HD's, Da'lan hitch'03 20thAE GTI #3494 Imola Yellow/Black Recaros - Omori/AWE boost gauge, HPA Motorsports Short shifter, Neuspeed 28mm rear sway, REVO programming, Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe, FK Badgeless grille, Kamei eyelids and one big fat grin
Smokin' Rubber

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (NY Pete)

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

guess its time to take a road trip to CA to get some more custom made performance parts lol
vibe2003

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (Smokin' Rubber)

Post by vibe2003 »

yup-Smokin' Rubber lol.
Vibe_dude

Post by Vibe_dude »

so it is now 3006..3 years later and i guess the company lied to use.....beacuse u still cant get them.lol
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
NascarXprt

Re: (Vibe_dude)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by Vibe_dude »so it is now 3006..3 years later and i guess the company lied to use.....beacuse u still cant get them.lolyou alright tere buddy? so its 3006 now man where was i when this happened. but the best way to get the lights will be to get a huge meet infront of one of these companies and show them that we want more Aaftermarket parts for the Vibe.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
MarathonVibe

Post by MarathonVibe »

American Products Company To Pay $650,000 Civil Penalty For Sale of Lamps Not Meeting Safety Standards The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced today that American Products Company (APC) has agreed to pay a $650,000 civil penalty as a result of its manufacture, certification, and sale of replacement lamps that did not comply with federal safety standards. Over the past several years, APC sold various models of noncomplying replacement tail lamps, commonly sold as “clear” tail lamps or “Eurotail” lamps. Some of the non-complying models replaced red lamps and reflectors with clear ones. Others were missing side marker lamps or reflectors. APC also sold other noncompliant replacement lighting equipment, including clear corner and bumper lenses and high-intensity discharge (HID) conversion kits. The nonconforming equipment was sold by a variety of retailers. The lamps and lenses have been the subject of four recalls covering thousands of parts. The parts and model numbers associated with these safety recalls are listed on NHTSA’s web site, http://www.nhtsa.gov/ under the recall numbers 99E-039, 00E-078, 01E-035 and 03E-014. Part and model numbers are located either on the lamps or on the packaging in which the lamps were sold. Consumers with questions about this or any other safety recall campaign should call NHTSA’s toll-free Auto Safety Hotline, (888) 327-4236. LOL I found that on http://www.dot.gov/affairs/nhtsa2103.htm
MaRaThOn ViBe
jalee56

Post by jalee56 »

so does anybody happen to know the exact date they come out? i know that im looking forward to it. for some reason that was one of the first things i noticed about the car when i was buying it, something about the color of the lights i just didnt like.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (jalee56)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

companies that make altezza lights treat the vibe like seven up: never have never will, you know what i'm sayin'?anyone get that snoop dogg reference?
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Even though I wanted them, the more I look at the idea...the vibe is not the kind of car to put ricetezza's on. some cars look ok with clear tails, and some look like (removed). just remove the amber and tint them and your fine.
04 Fusion Orange Base Vibe auto Now no longer with us thanks to ignorant drivers...
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

i did the bluebat red outs and i like them. GT-R style baby
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: (northvibe)

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »i did the bluebat red outs and i like them. GT-R style babyFreakin right!!! if they made tales like the ones on the GXP Vibe or even the GTR like what Northvibe said, I would buy them, and just like some of you say the Vibe is not a car to turn rice-aliciouse lol (my word) about the only thing I would really like on the vibe is cooler headlights some dark head lights kind of like this styleThis is off of a Cavalier but its just for an example........or it would be even cooler with HALO'S I love that look!
2010 vibe gt
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I like my stock ones
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Katscan

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (13Vibe03)

Post by Katscan »

I would have to agree, they were made yellow for a reason...and while Im thinking about it, whats with the strobe turn signals? Am I one of the few that find them rather annoying? I remeber that when one of my turns signals would do that, that ment one of them was out and I needed to replace it....now people are making their cars do it on purpose?
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (Katscan)

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

yeah it pretty stupid but oh well thats i guess the "in thing" but what ever floats there boat man you know lol
2010 vibe gt
drunkenmaxx

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (Katscan)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

wow, i've never seen a strobe turn signal. the ricers around here must not have found them at autozone yet...
ColonelPanic

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (drunkenmaxx)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Heh, I think they haven't found those here either! What a bunch of losers, look at what they're missing out on! Man, our autozones suk!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

With the upcoming model change, I highly doubt we are going to get any aftermarket support for Altezzas. If they haven't done it now they won't in the future. Just my thoughts.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
keithvibe

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by keithvibe »

way to bring a thread back from the dead... I hate them and don't see them on any of my cars, ever.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Celtic_Curse

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

I'm with you, I don't like them either.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
BlueCrush

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »With the upcoming model change, I highly doubt we are going to get any aftermarket support for Altezzas. If they haven't done it now they won't in the future. Just my thoughts.Yeah, we'll never see them for the Vibe. I liked the look of them on other cars when I first got my Vibe. But it's all I see now and frankly I'm not caring for them anymore either.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NascarXprt

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by NascarXprt »

i havnt seen ant altezzas in a loonnng time now. i love some of the tail lights for the trix (the all black/carbon fiber ones). but clear and chrome bleh.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
moongdss

Re:

Post by moongdss »

Whoa! Threazurrection! I like tha eurotails... Pandora's got more of the wannabe SUV look than ricer, so I don't think they'd look good on her. But seeing the Trix tails makes me a little wistful
Pandora the 2006 Pontiac Salsa Vibe, 17"wheelsMods: tint, "Pandora" windshield decal, front badge skull overlay, rainguards, hoodguard, Projectorz headlite covers, black painted grills, FIAMM dual-tone horns, black grafxwerks overlays, redouts, Genvibe decals, splashguards, scangaugeII, 12v console outlet, DRL interrupt and I turned off that @#$% seat-belt beep! upcoming: red interior LEDs
Ninja_Logan

Post by Ninja_Logan »

altezzas only look good on the car it was meant for, the IS300. i think altezzas on anything else just makes it look disgustingm no offense to anyone that has any on there rides, but i'd never be caught with those. go stock body, make it clean not riced!
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

I had them on my Civic, but for the Vibe (especially with the grey cladding) I don't think it would look right. I'm just keeping it the way it is.
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
mistertwo

Post by mistertwo »

waste of money... not to mention hideous.. want tezzzzzuhs get a matrix.they do add like 10hp though, so i cant rag on them too much..thats just like gaudy wings, stickers and non functional hoodscoops... you could easily hit 1000hp
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

i think they make your ride look cheap in my opinion...now leds on the otherhand....id like to see that happen for tailights...lol
mistertwo

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (waveresponder)

Post by mistertwo »

yes yes yes yes yes! LED tails would be sexxxx
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

LED tails would be sexx..who here knows how to make some? maybe Whelans' friend who made the LED 3rd brake light?..hint hint lol...i like the tail lights off the GT-R vibes, wish they made those an option at a GM dealership
Whelan

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by Whelan »

oh so Blue gets the credit for the LED 3rd brake, LOL! j/kI refuse to call them altezza's cause that is the name of a car. I call them Altezza styled lights. And on a Vibe no way, your much better off going with the red out vinyl applique, cleaner look. As for what came with my Trix, I actually like them, compliments the car well.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

oh ya my bad, i forgot who's friend made the led 3rd brake lights, i fixed it to your convenience Whelan lol
VivaVibe

Re: (mistertwo)

Post by VivaVibe »

I really don't care for them on the Vibe. I'm disappointed they are using them on the 2009. Wish it was an option. Still don't understand why only one-third of the tail actually lights up. It needs more light back there. And what is the point of having a large lens when only a portion of it lights up? Poor design as far as I'm concerned.
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
Tonyk27

Post by Tonyk27 »

DarkVibe

Re: (VivaVibe)

Post by DarkVibe »

Quote, originally posted by VivaVibe »I really don't care for them on the Vibe. I'm disappointed they are using them on the 2009. Wish it was an option. Still don't understand why only one-third of the tail actually lights up. It needs more light back there. And what is the point of having a large lens when only a portion of it lights up? Poor design as far as I'm concerned.i'm not normally a fan, but but i think they did a great job on the rear lights on the 2009 vibe.
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
Merzbow

Re: (Tonyk27)

Post by Merzbow »

Quote, originally posted by Tonyk27 ».I agree!?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
hckeynut15

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by hckeynut15 »

I also like the design. It was funny during development, we were working on the '09 Vibe and Matrix side by side. Off the vehicle, the Matrix rear lamps looked so much better than the Vibes. It wasn't until fitting trials in Japan when we got to see the lamps on fixtures and an early body that the Vibes lamps looked better. In my opinion the overall styling for the Vibe is more pleasing to the eye than the Matrix.- Jim
raphide

Post by raphide »

love 'em, In fact, I would love to know when (if) they come out for the Vibe, I'd be first in line. Can't stand those stock tails.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Making an LED tail "wouldn't" be that difficult, but getting the proper reflections and such with the stock reflector would be the biggest problem... Drilling a bunch of holes in the housing and hot glueing a bunch of LEDs in and doing the wiring, again, wouldn't be that hard, for a one-off, but anything more, like 20 sets would take for EVER, without some sort of production..
vibolista

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by vibolista »

There are companies out there that already put together LED lights for brake, blinker and tail light functions. And they are plug and play! They put out better light and they are instant on... plus they use much less power. No need for al-freaking-tezzas.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Sublimewind

Re: (vibolista)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »There are companies out there that already put together LED lights for brake, blinker and tail light functions. And they are plug and play! They put out better light and they are instant on... plus they use much less power. No need for al-freaking-tezzas.Yeah, but most of the PNP LED bulbs suck...
lowincash

Re: Do you want altezzas for the Vibe? (raphide)

Post by lowincash »

Quote, originally posted by raphide »love 'em, In fact, I would love to know when (if) they come out for the Vibe, I'd be first in line. Can't stand those stock tails.just tint your stock tail lights or something...or just leave it as is lol altezza lights on any car cheapens the car's look...they look good on the is300 because they were meant for that car...put it on a civic or vibe or any other car for that matter, it'll look like crap lol if you want to be unique then do something to the stock tails
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black