Another roof rack problem

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
UndaCuva

Another roof rack problem

Post by UndaCuva »

Problem: I hate the roofrack on my 04 base Frosty monotone. The wife says I have to keep them just in case we take the vibe on a road trip instead of her oldsmobile with leather seats and tons of trunk space and huge gas tank. How do I convince her she's insane so I can take the roof racks off?
skitime

Re: Another roof rack problem (UndaCuva)

Post by skitime »

Withhold (removed)
Mavrik

Re: Another roof rack problem (skitime)

Post by Mavrik »

hahatell her, "Well you drive with roofracks" personally I dislike mine also and have NEVER used them. I'll probably look into removing them someday.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

You can take it off and get the filler caps, but hold on to the rack in case you ever should need it. Or just yank it off, sell it, and spend the money on a nice Christmas present for her.or move the spare tire up onto the roof rack and fill the space in back with a monster audio system.
Jaycie685

Post by Jaycie685 »

It's YOUR car! Do what YOU want with it. Don't mind her... just tell her that it serves no purpose and is there for looks! hahah Makes the Vibe looks more SUV-ish.
Jen's Vibe:: 2004 two-tone base in Frosty :: Automatic :: Exhaust Tip :: Rear Bumper Protector :: Cargo Nets :: Rear Cargo Mat :: Rear Cargo Cover :: "You just got passed by a wagon " decal :: Red glowing "No Smoking" plug in cigarette lighter ::
mcgusto82

Re: Another roof rack problem (Jaycie685)

Post by mcgusto82 »

tell her the racks lower your fuel economy. tell her they add soo much drag, and will cost you more money in the long run to keep.i'm not saying it's true. But if you want to get your way, you must LIE!
UndaCuva

Post by UndaCuva »

The best idea so far is the taking it off and keeping it around just in case. I was hoping to be able to fill in the wholes (I've done a bunch of body work) and have a nice smooth roof, but I guess I have to face facts. The wife wants the roof rac for practical reasons, and since She's so wonderful, I guess I'll give in and keep it. Not like I'm going to show the car at shows or anything. Not on my budget!
binary

Post by binary »

Funny thing is... the roof racks are not all the practical. I think your wife needs to cut a few apron strings and let you do what you want to your car. Or do what I did - get your wife a Vibe and put them on hers. Now she says she can hear them at highway speeds.It takes about 10 minutes to put the cross bars back on - however, if you want to remove the entire rails, then it's a fair amount of work. Eitherway - your car and they're not all that useful.I've used mine twice - car top soft carrier for extra junk we were hauling to our parent's cabin. Nothing we couldn't have shipped via ups and saved on gas money.