Rear bumper protector

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Photoshots

Rear bumper protector

Post by Photoshots »

I wanted to protect my rear bumper of my 2004 Vibe, but the chips were occuring at the edges of the bumper and the protector the Pontiac dealership sells was flat, for the top of the bumper. I found that Toyota had just what I was looking for. It is the Matrix Step pad for the 2003 model. Part No. 00012-09000. Sells for $39.00 and is applied with included 3m adhesive strips. It fit my 2004 Vibe perfectly.
PhotoshotsBedford Texas2004 Vibe, Salsa, MonochromeMoon & toon, XM, Side airbags.
Raven

Re: Rear bumper protector (Photoshots)

Post by Raven »

I bought one on Ebay 2 weeks ago for about the same price ($37.50 incl shipping). I had the flat Pontiac one on my '04 and found the scratches were occuring on the edge. I hope to install it before it gets too cold. I'm glad to hear it fits well.
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Welcome to GenVibe! Yeah, I got the 'Trix bumper as well on eBay for about $35 w/ shipping. Love it...much better than the GM part.
BOZACK

Re: Rear bumper protector (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by BOZACK »

I, too, bought the Matrix bumper protector. I put it on yesterday, even with one hand. I like it for protection of the edge. I'll post picks tomorrow.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
merckx56

Re: Rear bumper protector (BOZACK)

Post by merckx56 »

You mean like this...
2004 Vibe GT 6 speed2006 Ridley DamoclesMen have three basic needs...eating, sleeping, and (removed), and I can do all three in my car...by myself!!!
gargoyle

Re: Rear bumper protector (merckx56)

Post by gargoyle »

That looks good. I gotta get one of those soon.
Digger

Re: Rear bumper protector (gargoyle)

Post by Digger »

I need one also. I notice though the lip is not on all of them. Even some of the Matrix listed as 2003 versions. make sure you get the one with the lip since the one without the lip is of no good.
2005 AWD What's your story?It's a wonderful thingMomma always said "Help that is not helpful, is no help at all"
BOZACK

Re: Rear bumper protector (Digger)

Post by BOZACK »

Here's mine.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
Digger

Post by Digger »

I wanted to protect my rear bumper of my 2004 Vibe, but the chips were occuring at the edges of the bumper and the protector the Pontiac dealership sells was flat, for the top of the bumper. I found that Toyota had just what I was looking for. It is the Matrix Step pad for the 2003 model. Part No. 00012-09000. Sells for $39.00 and is applied with included 3m adhesive strips. It fit my 2004 Vibe perfectly. where did you gety this? From the dealer or a web site?
2005 AWD What's your story?It's a wonderful thingMomma always said "Help that is not helpful, is no help at all"
Digger

Post by Digger »

I just four of these on E-bay for $37.50 about. there is three left . Look under matrix step pad
Photoshots

Post by Photoshots »

I bought mine form the dealer directly - Toyota of Irving (Texas) 972-258-1200 They had it in stock, so no postage or delay.
PhotoshotsBedford Texas2004 Vibe, Salsa, MonochromeMoon & toon, XM, Side airbags.
Baltovibe

Post by Baltovibe »

It appears that the Matrix rear bumper protector is less wide than the one offered by GM for the Vibe, I think because the Matrix bumper does not extend out as far. Would the Matrix protector (pictured below on Vibe and Matrix) provide as much protection as the Vibe protector?Vibe:Matrix:
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
merckx56

Re: Rear bumper protector (Baltovibe)

Post by merckx56 »

You always hit the end of the bumper, not the inside. Mine (the silver one) has saved my bumper numerous times already.
2004 Vibe GT 6 speed2006 Ridley DamoclesMen have three basic needs...eating, sleeping, and (removed), and I can do all three in my car...by myself!!!
White03

Post by White03 »

Could someone give me the ebay store that you bought yours from. I found several, but I would rather buy from someone who is known to have the right part.Email me if you need to.Thanks,David
Baltovibe

Re: Rear bumper protector (White03)

Post by Baltovibe »

Quote, originally posted by White03 »Could someone give me the ebay store that you bought yours from. I found several, but I would rather buy from someone who is known to have the right part.I will be ordering mine from eBay seller deland_toyota. They have the actual part (shown above in my previous post), seems to have the best price ($24.99 + $8.50 shipping = $33.49), is an actual Toyota dealer, and has a great eBay seller's rating.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...43089
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
Raven

Re: Rear bumper protector (Baltovibe)

Post by Raven »

I got mine from Deland as well. I'm very pleased with their service.
merckx56

Re: Rear bumper protector (Sunny)

Post by merckx56 »

me too...
Digger

Post by Digger »

Same here
Houston

Post by Houston »

The flat one is no good? That's what's on my Vibe and there has never been a problem. Just don't be careless by jambing your shoes and stuff onto the bumper. Come on, folks, there are some things with which we need only be careful and not careless.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
JohnC

Re: Rear bumper protector (Houston)

Post by JohnC »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »The flat one is no good? That's what's on my Vibe and there has never been a problem. Just don't be careless by jambing your shoes and stuff onto the bumper. Come on, folks, there are some things with which we need only be careful and not careless.I am one of the careless ones...sorry Houston. But mine doesn't have any scratches at all. This must be a problem for the painted trim folks only.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
merckx56

Post by merckx56 »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »The flat one is no good? That's what's on my Vibe and there has never been a problem. Just don't be careless by jambing your shoes and stuff onto the bumper. Come on, folks, there are some things with which we need only be careful and not careless.I can assure you that I'm not careless with my car. **** happens though, and it usually happens to the edge of the bumper. Don't assume that people are careless because they use something different that costs less and works better. Don't be condescending either, as it tends to (removed) people off...
Houston

Re: Rear bumper protector (merckx56)

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by merckx56 »Don't assume that people are careless because they use something different that costs less and works better.I'm not assuming all that - it's carelessness all by itself.Quote, originally posted by merckx56 »Don't be condescending either, as it tends to (removed) people off...Different strokes for different folks. It's the obnoxious ones that irritate me.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

I am going to have to get me one too!! Good find.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
merckx56

Post by merckx56 »

"Come on, folks, there are some things with which we need only be careful and not careless."That line is, in fact, very condescending. It's as if you think that those of us who have chosen to use a different product are small, dull children. I really hope you (removed) the edge of your bumper, then you'll understand why we all bought the better product...Of course, you are probably so careful and take such good care of your car that you're outside dicking it right now...
Kari

Post by Kari »

Personal attacks really aren't necessary on anyone's part. Different products will work better for different people...it's all about personal preference. No one is right or wrong.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Toasted7

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by Toasted7 »

Got one on ebay just yesterday... great find and can't wait for mine to show up.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
merckx56

Re: (Kari)

Post by merckx56 »

Quote, originally posted by Kari »Personal attacks really aren't necessary on anyone's part. Different products will work better for different people...it's all about personal preference. No one is right or wrong.Let's all join hands and Kari will lead us in a rousing rendition of "Kum Ba Ya"...
GMJAP

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »The flat one is no good? That's what's on my Vibe and there has never been a problem. Just don't be careless by jambing your shoes and stuff onto the bumper. Come on, folks, there are some things with which we need only be careful and not careless.If it's just being careful and not careless, then we wouldn't need a bumper protector in the first place, I think. Personally, I think the edge is the most likely to get damaged part of the bumper (other than due to accidents, of course). That's generally what you'll see on used vehicles.
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
joatmon

Re: Rear bumper protector

Post by joatmon »

Mine came with the flat Vibe one pre installed almost properly centered, and it's close enough that I'm not going to risk screwing up the bumper getting the thing off, but my brotherr bought an 05 Vibe that didn't come with one, so for the next gift event think I'll buy him the Matrix one. I haven't damaged the bumper on my Vibe, (and I don't necessarily credit the bumper protector for that) but I figure if one provides a larger area of protection, then it offers more protection from accidents. Too bad I didn't see this thread in time for Christmas I think that it shouldn't be installed when the bumper is cold, so if I had gotten him one, he'd have to wait to put it on anyway.
BOZACK

Re: Rear bumper protector (joatmon)

Post by BOZACK »

I got mine from deland toyota also. I bought the toyota model because I scratched the edge while camping. The protector that hangs over the edge was better for me to protect the bumper from what other people will lean against it. Other people, girl friends included, are not always as carefull as you.
nygiantzz1

Re: Rear bumper protector (BOZACK)

Post by nygiantzz1 »

I just got mine from Deland Toyota too and it fits perfectly. Check out their Ebay store. I paid 24.99 plus s/h. It was made for a 2003 Matrix, but fits a 2006 Vibe perfect. http://www.delandtoyota.com P/N 00016-12010