"Pontiac" on lift gate?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Vibe_dude

"Pontiac" on lift gate?

Post by Vibe_dude »

was just wondering if anyone had filled in there word "Pontiac: on the back lift gate....i have a sliver vibe and thought maybe to try and match the colour.....would love to see some pics if anyone has done it....my buddy did it with his saturn on the rear bumper....looks good and it makes it stand out.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
BruiserVibe

Re: "Pontiac" on lift gate? (Vibe_dude)

Post by BruiserVibe »

I put a blue inlay on my liftgate. I think it looks pretty cool. Really stands out against the black.P.S. Okay, I can't get the pic up, but I'll get a link asap.
BruiserVibe

Post by BruiserVibe »

Here we go!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

grafxwerks sells overlays for thathttp://www.grafxwerks.com/prod...VIBA15th item down
DaddyVibeMI

Re: "Pontiac" on lift gate? (joatmon)

Post by DaddyVibeMI »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »grafxwerks sells overlays for thathttp://www.grafxwerks.com/prod...VIBA15th item downIndeed, I'm going order quit few things from them very soon.Quick question, how hard to fill in gap?I just wondering....Thanks
Car Domain.com ~ DaddyVibeMI
cieglo

Post by cieglo »

I did my 2-tones with yellow inlays from grafxwerks. The link should be here (this is with a flash, so you get the cool reflection): http://photobucket.com/albums/...a.jpg
Vibe GT '03, Lava Red 2-tone, 16" wheels, Moon'n'Tunes, Injen CAI, ACT clutch, vented rotors, Tein coil- overs, Grafxwerks decals, lead foot on the gas and white-knuckled fist on the stick & Hankook RS-3 for AutoX http://noraracing.net/
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

They're very easy, and they fit very well. I have red in mine.
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Mine is black reflective:
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Grafxwerks overlays are great, but I wouldn't recommend chrome for the inlay; the material is too thin and doesn't form well. I tried using chrome on mine it didn't stay on long.I'd suggest black - reflective or not.
GrafxWerks

Post by GrafxWerks »

Metallic Silver or Reflective White would look great on your Vibe!- RyanGrafxWerks
scott_h

Post by scott_h »

Anyone used the overlays on fusion orange? I'm trying to think what would look good -- reflective black? Maybe white?
Scott
Kari

Post by Kari »

We just put one of these in mine tonight...I installed half of it and he installed half of it. It seems to be much easier if you have fingernails. That way you can push down just a TINY bit of it and rotate it from that point to make sure you have it straight and such. It would probably be even easier if it wasn't the reflective stuff and you could use water so you could slide it around; Ryan advises against the use of water for the reflective though. Here's a pic:

Attached files
GenVibe Global Moderator
POLO

Re: (Kari)

Post by POLO »

Yes,i know what you mean,sometime if you miss a angle,become real tricky to rearrange.
NascarXprt

Re: (POLO)

Post by NascarXprt »

im getting the rear hatch inlay in white but i have the blue arrow head overlays on mine and it makes it look sharpe.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
A Psycho Martyr

Back to original question....

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by Vibe_dude »was just wondering if anyone had filled in there word "Pontiac: on the back lift gate.... Okay, I have mine off and ready to be worked on. I'm wondering what the best thing to fill it would be. The piece really doen't move, flex, or get hit at all, so would Bondo be cool? Or is that the biggest no-no because it's ABS platic?Here are some pics of what I'm workin with:Here's the piece removedNotice how it's worn thru the paint?Here's the car without it onAnd not sure if this is of any significance, but here's the marking on the inside
NascarXprt

Re: Back to original question.... (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by NascarXprt »

holy dead thread resurrection batman! you did realize this was over 5 years ago brandon right?
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Back to original question.... (NascarXprt)

Call me old school.lolI was about to make my own thread, but a search yielded this threadSo I figured I'd make it easier for people lookin in the future.
Blanco_Diablo

Re: Back to original question.... (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

02csnow did this a while back... not sure if he still posts much though. Check the link for an image:http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=3
10vibe

Post by 10vibe »

I wonder what it would look like with some of this duplicolor illuminitehttp://www.youtube.com/user/du...j4m2MGlow in the dark neon blue Pontiac or VIBE might look good. I could see somebody doing this with a GENVIBE theme too.http://duplicolor.com/http://www.youtub ... ojectlist/
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: "Pontiac" on lift gate? (10vibe1.8auto)

Yeah I remember seeing his go up for sale a while back. I knew how it looked, I'm just wondering what the best approach is as far as filling the letters goes. Bondo?
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Duramix 4040 would probably be the best solution, it is an abs filler that is sandable! You do need a special gun to use it though IIRC.http://www.autobodysupply.net/...0.htm
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

uuuhhhh....ressurection again!MAN i'm good at that.lol Anyways, I smoothed mine with Bondo and then wrapped it with gloss white vinyl (my paint is worn and it's be hard to match)Turned out okay, but I may get back at it later to smooth it out some more.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Couldn't you have bought like an "off brand" without the Pontiac name on it? Probably would have been WAY less work lol. When I mean off brand I mean like when I had my Mustang, the rear bumper had to be replaced. The name MUSTANG was imprinted into the plastic like the word Pontiac in that piece. We bought a generic bumper which did not have MUSTANG on it. I wanted the word so had to just buy the black letter to make it look like it was already there.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (09vGT)

I would if someone made it...I've pretty much made peace w/ the fact that nobody sells CRAP for the Vibe
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »I would if someone made it...I've pretty much made peace w/ the fact that nobody sells CRAP for the Vibe Lol. I forget this. The 'Stang did have A LOT of aftermarket parts.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

It looks good. But if you want to best look for it, you should cover up that keyhole.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (KITT222)

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 » you should cover up that keyhole. I don't have a remote pop thingy and use my hatch a LOTTTTT unfortunately it's not an option, but you are 100% right on that one
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Oh right, you don't have power locks. I honestly forgot that. Heck, even on the Vibes with power (such as mine) the remote just pops the glass. If it can pop the hatch, than can someone please tell me how?
Serj22

Post by Serj22 »

I just filled my Pontiac emblem with plastic repair putty (like bondo but meant to stick to plastic). Two layers later, and blasted with mar-hyde and satin black, it's starting to look beautiful. This is part of my re-badging attempt. The rear will be clean with the small Toyota emblem in place of the pontiac recessed lettering.
Pioneer HU2 x D3tAK tweeters in stock location (M&T)4 x Diamond Audio D162.5i1 x Pioneer TS-W309S4 SubPolk Audio Pa330 (To drive Sub)
cieglo

Post by cieglo »

I didn't fill in the lettering, but I got lettering from grafkwerks and I think it looks sharp.
Vibe GT '03, Lava Red 2-tone, 16" wheels, Moon'n'Tunes, Injen CAI, ACT clutch, vented rotors, Tein coil- overs, Grafxwerks decals, lead foot on the gas and white-knuckled fist on the stick & Hankook RS-3 for AutoX http://noraracing.net/
A Psycho Martyr

Re: "Pontiac" on lift gate? (cieglo)

I had teh grafxwerks inlay on mine, but i got a tad too close w/the sprayer at a carwash and ripped one of the letters off.
Serj22

Re: (Serj22)

Post by Serj22 »

Filled the Pontiac etching and painted satin black, the Toyologo I ordered was a 1/4" too big so it went on the window for now... ordering a smaller one to go in the right spot. No more other badges on the back either.
Pioneer HU2 x D3tAK tweeters in stock location (M&T)4 x Diamond Audio D162.5i1 x Pioneer TS-W309S4 SubPolk Audio Pa330 (To drive Sub)
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (Serj22)

cool, cool. Can you throw up a closer picture of the piece?Just wanting to observe your "filler" work. Mine was pretty sub-par
Serj22

Post by Serj22 »

This is what I used: Creates a material that sticks to the actual plastic. I filled it all real thick then used a razor to cut it all of flush before it dried. You rub water on it with your hand before its done to make it smooth, and then 220 sanded it down to the piece. 300 to finish and satin black cover paint. I'll snap a pic in the morning. TOo dark to see.