GMsports kit... on 2-tone = Installed 56k beware

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
bud_one

GMsports kit... on 2-tone = Installed 56k beware

Post by bud_one »

Has anyone installed a gm sport apperance ground effects kit on a two tone vibe - or at least seen pictures of one with the kit on them..??Kit installed - 04-16-05
rcasciola

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (bud_one)

Post by rcasciola »

http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=2bottem of page...there should be a burgundy 2 tone with it on...how it helps
My Car, with the kit on. it looks awesome! come and check it out, tell me what u think.P.S. the gray will be painted momentarily http://www.cardomain.com/ride/514882/1
bud_one

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (rcasciola)

Post by bud_one »

thanks a bunch...I came across a factory sport kit cheap and before I installed it, I wanted to see sort of how it would look... thanks again...
rcasciola

Post by rcasciola »

glad i could help
My Car, with the kit on. it looks awesome! come and check it out, tell me what u think.P.S. the gray will be painted momentarily http://www.cardomain.com/ride/514882/1
tecton

Post by tecton »

where do you get the kit at?how much $$$
bud_one

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (tecton)

Post by bud_one »

This might be unbeliveable, but I got it free... I work at a dealership, and we sold one of our other stores and all theparts were shipped to the main store, where I work at... for some reason the part was unaccounted for and the part number on it was discontinued..some kind of hooplah like that... so the parts guys saw what was in the box.. complete body kit minus the two spoilers...and remembered I drove a vibe and asked if I wanted it - because they were going to throw it away...and I said heck yea... my only dilema now is that it's the abyss color - already painted...my car is frosty two tone...so should I repaint it or put it on as is..??oh, what a problem to have...
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by bud_one »This might be unbeliveable, but I got it free... I work at a dealership, and we sold one of our other stores and all theparts were shipped to the main store, where I work at... for some reason the part was unaccounted for and the part number on it was discontinued..some kind of hooplah like that... so the parts guys saw what was in the box.. complete body kit minus the two spoilers...and remembered I drove a vibe and asked if I wanted it - because they were going to throw it away...and I said heck yea... my only dilema now is that it's the abyss color - already painted...my car is frosty two tone...so should I repaint it or put it on as is..??oh, what a problem to have... Throw it on as is just so we can see what it looks like! If you don't like it you can always take it off and paint it.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
bud_one

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (damronjr)

Post by bud_one »

good point...
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

hey 3 tone dammit rock on!!! it might look sweet!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
bud_one

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (drunkenvibe)

Post by bud_one »

Three tone it is....!!
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

I'm surprised. It does look good with the two tone. Gives it a "stripe" look. Those wheels really look great with gun metal or gray finish, almost an exact match to the cladding. I'm curious as to how the Frosty two tone with the Abyss would look. Might look good, definitely unique.
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
bud_one

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (JustinVGT)

Post by bud_one »

I hope to put the kit on this weekend...if all goes right...I'll keep you guys posted.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by bud_one »I hope to put the kit on this weekend...if all goes right...I'll keep you guys posted.Please do! Post pics good or bad whether or not you decide not to go with it.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Pablo1669

Post by Pablo1669 »

Quote, originally posted by bud_one »I hope to put the kit on this weekend...if all goes right...I'll keep you guys posted.Yeah, once you get it on, take some pics, get some input.If you don't like the finsihed product, you can always remove it and put it back to normal
-Brian
bud_one

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (Pablo1669)

Post by bud_one »

10-4
nismo

Post by nismo »

Yeah. Curious to see what this looks like.Inder
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo - Fun stuff under there somewhere 1998 Nissan Sentra - Sold2004 Pontiac Vibe - 107k and SoldCosmo CAI
htxb

Post by htxb »

I'll help you out cuz...then we can put the new pully on my car. Do you need me to bring my digi cam so you can take some pics to post once we're done?
Carl'04 Polar White XbAEM Cold Air Intake18" Racing Hart C4'sPerrin lightweight pulley"Who needs a supercharger when you got a hundred and eight ponies on tap?"
bud_one

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (htxb)

Post by bud_one »

perfect.... and welcome aboard....
bud_one

Post by bud_one »

tight signature by the way....classic....
htxb

Post by htxb »

Quote, originally posted by bud_one »tight signature by the way....classic.... Thanks! LOL
Carl'04 Polar White XbAEM Cold Air Intake18" Racing Hart C4'sPerrin lightweight pulley"Who needs a supercharger when you got a hundred and eight ponies on tap?"
bud_one

Post by bud_one »

Here it is guys and gals.... Let me know what ya think...My three tone vibe, I like it...it's ghetto-fabulous Special thanks to my cousin Carl and make-ready tech Ron for all the help with the kit...
htxb

Post by htxb »

Don't mention it, cuz! I had a good time and it was flippin sweet working in such a nice shop! Now that I'm seeing it again, it looks even better!!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

SWEET! I would probably try to get the whole thing, 2-tone pieces and all, painted black(or maybe even white would be cool!) just for uniformity and flow. Looks awesome though! for the guiene(?) pig!!
bud_one

Post by bud_one »

Thanks man....
htxb

Post by htxb »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »SWEET! I would probably try to get the whole thing, 2-tone pieces and all, painted black(or maybe even white would be cool!)Hey, are there any photochoppers out there that could chop buds vibe pics to be all white and all black?Good idea, damronjr! Thanks!!
NascarXprt

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (htxb)

Post by NascarXprt »

i'll give it a try. but do you want the top part and kit black and the plasic white or visversa
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
bud_one

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (NascarXprt)

Post by bud_one »

The kit white like the car.....and the gray to stay the same... Thanks.....
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Here ya go hows this. i also did the rear veiw side mirror.
Vibe_dude

Post by Vibe_dude »

looks much better in white...looks like its lower to the ground or something...go white dude.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

I'd change the kit to white as well. I'm not feeling the white, gray, to black. There just isn't much contrast between the gray and black and it doesn't look that great in my opinion. I think painting the kit white would look great, like NascarXprt's photochop shows.
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
bud_one

Re: GM Sports Ground effects kit... on 2-tone (NascarXprt)

Post by bud_one »

Dude!!!!!!!!!!! That's freakin awsome.....As soon as I get the cash flow...That's going to be my next project... Thanks NascarXprt.... u da bomb...
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

thanx bud_one i o it all to painting cars for my Nascar Racing Season 2003 PC game. to see more of my cars go to http://www.V2-Motorsports.com
OrangeGT

Re: GMsports kit... on 2-tone = Installed 56k beware (bud_one)

Post by OrangeGT »

Chopped to the two tone grey and looks actually pretty good. I chopped it to black and white also didnt seem to look so good i like the grey.

201617=7106-vibechop.JPG
2004 Vibe GTOrange Fusion MetallicMoons & TunesPower GroupXm
OrangeGT

Post by OrangeGT »

I also chopped it to blue, red, green, actually the dark blue bottom was really cool
2004 Vibe GTOrange Fusion MetallicMoons & TunesPower GroupXm
bud_one

Re: GMsports kit... on 2-tone = Installed 56k beware (OrangeGT)

Post by bud_one »

Looks good also....Good Job Orange GT too cool.....
theyellowdart

Post by theyellowdart »

That is just gorgeous! Go for the white. Seriously though, if i dont work at a dealership, where do i find this kit and how much should i expect to pay for it. all i can come across online is the RX sports kit and i hate it.