Looking for new replacement headlight assemblies. Looking fo

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
cptnsolo77

Looking for new replacement headlight assemblies. Looking fo

Post by cptnsolo77 »

As the topic states. Gone through 2 headlight restoration kits, and tired buffing & OR sanding every couple of months. Lenses are shot, the florida sun has beaten them into submission :lol: Sylvanias kit gave me the the best results though. Lasted 6 months after i used it. However it cannot do anything about the spider cracks. Looking for brand new headlight lenses. I looked but there are quite a few brands out there. Are there any aftermarket companies to absolutely stay away from ? OE seems to be a bit pricey for a 11 year old car....:roll: :lol:
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Raven

Re: Looking for new replacement headlight assemblies. Lookin

Post by Raven »

TYC makes excellent quality aftermarket stuff. Around $125.00ea shipped for your Vibe. I have their fogs on my '06 Vibe and heads and tails on my GMC Sierra for 8 plus years.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Thx ! I did see TYC come up quite a few times in my search :D
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I had the Sylvannia kit last the longest, and spider cracks may be due to the original sealant not being fully removed. You can fully restore them and use clearcoat Krylon fusion, but you HAVE to make sure you get all the way down to nekkid plastic. To test, get some like 400 grit wetsand paper and sand in one spot to see if you penetrate the spider cracks. I thought mine were toast, but it was the Sylvannia sealant reacting to the clearcoat.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Thx for the tip ! How did the krylon hold up? Was there any peeling, cracking or hazyiness ?
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

cptnsolo77 wrote:Thx for the tip ! How did the krylon hold up? Was there any peeling, cracking or hazyiness ?
I don't know yet, as I used it on my brother's car. It was back on August 10 that I did his lights, so I don't know how well it's going yet, although his car is in the sun all day every day. He has been visiting his dad for the past week so I haven't gotten to inspect them very recently, although I look at it every time he's at my parents'.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

TYC and DEPO are great assemblies. Eagle Eyes are crap.
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

cptnsolo77 wrote:As the topic states. Gone through 2 headlight restoration kits, and tired buffing & OR sanding every couple of months. Lenses are shot, the florida sun has beaten them into submission :lol: Sylvanias kit gave me the the best results though. Lasted 6 months after i used it. However it cannot do anything about the spider cracks. Looking for brand new headlight lenses. I looked but there are quite a few brands out there. Are there any aftermarket companies to absolutely stay away from ? OE seems to be a bit pricey for a 11 year old car....:roll: :lol:
I live in south Florida and the lens covers need buff like every 3 months. You need to spray some "protective clear coats for plastics" to make the restoration lasts longer.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
bwflorida

Re: Looking for new replacement headlight assemblies. Looking fo

Post by bwflorida »

If I buy a pair of TYC headlights for my 2006 Vibe, can I put brighter bulbs in before installing the headlight assemblies?

If so, which brand bulbs would you suggest that will provide brighter night driving?

Thanks!!!