Matrix Headlights

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Sinister

Matrix Headlights

Post by Sinister »

I was looking on eBay at aftermarket headlights.. Will a set of Matrix headlights fit my 05 Vibe? I am liking the black JDM headlights
GrayFox

Re: Matrix Headlights (Sinister)

Post by GrayFox »

nope 03-04 Vibe headlights have a good bit of black on them and look better IMO but trix lights won't fit
Whelan

Re: Matrix Headlights (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Whelan »

Not to mention the extra wiring. We have high and low beam on separate bulbs 9005 and 9006. I believe you guys and gals use a 9003 High/low like my civic had. And if you want more black on your headlights, save the $$$ and get a heat gun for $20-40, and a can of high heat black gloss paint. Warm up the adhesive around the lights, pull apart the backing, clean out excess glue, take off chrome and trim of light. Paint, dry, and put back together with a good clear RTV silicone (get 2 gun bottles). Bead the backing with the silicone, press together and wrap in a towel, get a few clamps on it, and let it sit for a day. Then your all set. I pulled my Civic headlamps apart to take out the amber reflector, much easier and cheaper than buying a set of cleared OEM lights for another $200. Not to mention OEM fitment!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
MaxxVibe

Re: Matrix Headlights (Whelan)

Post by MaxxVibe »

ok so does that mean that the eyebrows for matrix healights wont fit vibe headlights? or is it that all the wiring is the major no fit issue?
2009 Vibe GT/Factory Bermuda Bay Blue/5 speed shiftable automatic/ two tone leather combo interior/18x7 factory polished wheels/rear spoiler/ Monsoon Premium sound system/ Grafxwerks badging/20% tint all around
Whelan

Re: Matrix Headlights (MaxxVibe)

Post by Whelan »

Probably won't fit. The parts that are shared between the Trix and Vibe are mostly engine, interior and frame/suspension. All sheetmetal is pretty exclusive.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Quote, originally posted by MaxxVibe »ok so does that mean that the eyebrows for matrix healights wont fit vibe headlights? or is it that all the wiring is the major no fit issue?They make eyebrows for the vibe...http://www.autoaccessorystore....=&mid=
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
RIT

Well actually...

Post by RIT »

In reality, the headlights, and taillights from the Matrix WILL fit the Vibe, but you'll have to do about $30K with of bodywork, or have to buy 7 rolls of duct tape to work through the transitions !!!
ToddSc

Post by ToddSc »

DopeVibeGT wrote:Quote, originally posted by MaxxVibe »ok so does that mean that the eyebrows for matrix healights wont fit vibe headlights? or is it that all the wiring is the major no fit issue?They make eyebrows for the vibe...http://www.autoaccessorystore....=&mid=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok, New '05 Vibe AWD owner here, and I freaking love this car. This link doesn't work anymore and I didn't find eyebrows for a vibe on amazon, so here's an updated link. You have to choose your car after visiting http://www.mimousa.com/product/Polyuret ... ts-Eyelids