how to get my 2009 vibe to pass emission test

Test out your signature and other tricky stuff here. Inactive topics automatically deleted after 7 days.
debradudley1

how to get my 2009 vibe to pass emission test

Post by debradudley1 »

I have a 2009 Pontiac vibe and before I drove the car from Hampton, vA to Atlanta, I got my alternator replaced. My car is not passing the emissions test, it says not ready for the catalyst and oxygen sensor. I have been driving it around for the past week in a half. What can I do to get the my vibe to pass and what is a drive cycle for my car?? Please Help!!!:)
triz

Re: how to get my 2009 vibe to pass emission test

Post by triz »

Are you getting any codes? Make sure everything like your 02 sensors are plugged in. Even if they look like they are push the connectors in.
http://lubedealer.com/mr2ner/home.aspx Please use ZO#5172967
Member discounts when you sign up as Preffered Customer. New Amsoil Customers only
vit

Post by vit »

I think you need like 2 weeks worth of trouble code free history to pass. Disconnecting battery resets the timer.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Move to a state where they don't require emissions testing :lol: Sorry but I couldn't resist that one. Aside from the fact that we have the most highway patrol cops on the roads in any state, they leave us alone when it comes to emissions :D Although I've been behind some "oil burners" and other not so fresh vehicles to where I'd almost welcome such a policy. Good luck :!:
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Th17kit

Post by Th17kit »

People swear by Sea Foam for cleaning engines and helping with emissions. It sounds like you have some specific issues, but seriously go get a bottle (It's cheap!), follow the instructions and come back here and thank me. :lol: If nothing else it will help your idle and increase your proximity to passing emissions.
2009 Vibe GT
Manual
K&N Typhoon
debradudley1

Post by debradudley1 »

I am going to try the sea foam, I will let u know how it works.
kaflex

Post by kaflex »

wow, sounds like where yall live there's alot to the emission test...where I live all they do is check the gas cap for leaks. Easy way to make sure to pass is just carry around a new cap and just give it to the person doing the test.

View my garage here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;