inside tire wear=-

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
jamesmetairie

inside tire wear=-

Post by jamesmetairie »

05 base vibe, 124,000 miles on it., automatic tranny.
running bf goodrich touring t/a,s from sam,s club.
maybe 20,000 miles on these tires.
about psi 33 on all 4 tires.
rotate regular.
divers side , rear tire showing wear only on the inside.
assuming there is no parts worn out and no damage to the suspension
what,s the usual cause of such wear?

how many miles do you guys usually get out of the original struts front and rear?

as always, thanks to all for any advice.
Caretaker

Re: inside tire wear=-

Post by Caretaker »

According to the Bridgestone website, it is usually your toe and/or camber are out of spec. When is the last time the car had an alignment, which is even more important if you live in a northern climate (which you don't) where freeze/thaw take a huge toll on the roads?
I had T/A tires once. The worst I've ever owned. Uneven wear turned into the loudest tire noise I have ever experienced. If you find yourself needing tires from Sam's again, get the General Altimax R/T 43
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Caretaker wrote:According to the Bridgestone website, it is usually your toe and/or camber are out of spec. When is the last time the car had an alignment, which is even more important if you live in a northern climate (which you don't) where freeze/thaw take a huge toll on the roads?
I had T/A tires once. The worst I've ever owned. Uneven wear turned into the loudest tire noise I have ever experienced. If you find yourself needing tires from Sam's again, get the General Altimax R/T 43
I agree with caretaker. Take it in for an alignment and see. Also highly recommend the Altimax RT43. Great treadlife, QUIET, smooth riding tire at a reasonable price.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
jolt

Post by jolt »

Besides alignment, it could be related to worn shocks and/or balance problems on tire. This would depend on the type of wear or wear pattern that is seen on the tires.
jamesmetairie

Post by jamesmetairie »

thanks to all 3 of you guys.
I appreciate it.