NEW! Michelin Defender Tires & Monroe Struts

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
msmyer

NEW! Michelin Defender Tires & Monroe Struts

Post by msmyer »

Great week last week! Got a new front set of Michelin Defender P205/55R16 - 91H tires and new Monroe Quick Struts for the 2003 Vibe at 271,000 miles!
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
Zimm

Re: NEW! Michelin Defender Tires & Monroe Struts

Post by Zimm »

nice!ting defenders on my car was such a massive upgrade in every respect.

i wont be due for any suspension work for several years, but i imagine it makes quite a difference.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

Zimm wrote:nice!ting defenders on my car was such a massive upgrade in every respect.

i wont be due for any suspension work for several years, but i imagine it makes quite a difference.
Got 271k on the factory struts then they started leaking...like the Monroe's.

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

msmyer: I am on Defenders as well and like their quiet ride and great grip a lot.

I wonder about the Monroe quick struts: are they any more comfortable than the originals on small bumps or larger bumps? I am still collecting opinions on that.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

vibrologist wrote:msmyer: I am on Defenders as well and like their quiet ride and great grip a lot.

I wonder about the Monroe quick struts: are they any more comfortable than the originals on small bumps or larger bumps? I am still collecting opinions on that.
I think because the Vibe is so low to the ground, that it's about the same. With these and the Defenders, the ride is nice!

vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

msmyer wrote:
vibrologist wrote:msmyer: I am on Defenders as well and like their quiet ride and great grip a lot.

I think because the Vibe is so low to the ground, that it's about the same. With these and the Defenders, the ride is nice!
Thanks, I appreciate it. Your Vibe looks nice, btw!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

With black friday coming up, this is a good time to watch for deals.

Walmart has done some crazy ones, and tires are included, if your ok with you local walmart shop doing the work, and they are not selling an alternate tire line in place of a similar national tire.