New member- wheel question

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
Spike

New member- wheel question

Post by Spike »

Hello- I have had my '05 5-speed Vibe since August and am loving it. Got it with 115K on the odometer and am expecting many more dependable miles. I'm looking to replace the steel wheels with alloys and was wondering if anyone has put these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390841773715?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

on their first generation Vibe. I know the bolt pattern is right and that I would need a centering ring but wonder about offset and if the wheels clear the calipers (with new pads) without adding a spacer. I found a good deal on 4 elsewhere and hope you can answer quickly before they are gone. Thank you in advance for all insight you can share.
vibrologist

Re: New member- wheel question

Post by vibrologist »

They should fit. I did not use them myself, though.

Reference this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40003

and this:

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods ... z3WY1XhI2G
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to GenVibe!
Post some pictures of your Vibe!

btw: the 5 speed manual transmission could be the Achilles Heel of your model. Consider changing the gear oil to a top notch synthetic. Or/and keep some funds available to exchange it for a used 6 speed.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Spike

Post by Spike »

Thank you Vibrologist. I will definitely take your recommendation seriously on the transmission gear oil change. I think I would enjoy driving a 6 speed but not the cost involved.