New Set of Wheels...just have to wait until spring

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
AustinG

New Set of Wheels...just have to wait until spring

Post by AustinG »

So I bought this set of wheels and tires off of tire rack. I'll probably just use the tires for one season then buy some all season's in the fall. They are 17x7.5 Sport Tuning Wheels. I live in New Hampshire and I don't want to risk crashing, so I'm gonna have to wait until (hopefully) mid march to put them on.

The tires are 215/50/R17 Kumho. They are silver on the outside, and the whole inside is completely black. I'm not a huge fan of big shiny wheels, but I believe these will look pretty good.

Last week I had a flow master 40 series installed. It's pretty throaty, and got a low rumble at idle. Up in the rpm's you can barely tell it's aftermarket in the cabin though.
Last edited by AustinG on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KITT222

Re: New Set of Wheels...just have to wait until spring

Post by KITT222 »

Those rims look great! I can hardly wait for winter to be over myself so I can get MY 17's back on. These 15" Winterforce tires make my car look weird and handle terribly. Helloooo sidewall flex. I never knew how bad it was until I had it.
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

Very sharp! I think the multi-spoke wheels look best on Vibes (imho). :D
chiadog
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

They look excellent.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Good looking wheels. Will likely make it look like you need to lower
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Good selection on the wheel style/pattern. Nice to see another Vibe owner with dual season tire/rim combinations! Now just think Spring and it'll be here before you know it ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
AustinG

Post by AustinG »

Thanks for the positive posts! I was checking out some rally armor mud flaps, because I'd really like to install some on my vibe...I came across what's called the "Rally Armor Basic" -Which is just a basic set of 4 black mud flaps with out any hardware. They only cost $16, and I've even found a tutorial on what you would need for hardware.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Rally-A ... GoogleBase" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the tutorial I found:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... st26828144" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Nice wheels
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Great looking wheels for the Vibe. The mud flaps will help keep the sides a little cleaner. I put the Pontiac mud flaps on mine and don't like the way they've discolored. Just take your time installing the flaps and make sure they all end up even.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

AustinG wrote:So I bought this set of wheels and tires off of tire rack.

-----

They are silver on the outside, and the whole inside is completely black.
I wish the the stock wheels (and all wheels) were black on the inside of the rim - I hate how after cleaning some of the brake dust inside the rim, behind the spokes, remains because it is too hard to clean.

Good looking wheels!
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
AustinG

Post by AustinG »

I made the decision to put these on early, because the 5 day forecast looked promising, with temps consistently in the 40's. Unfortunately I ended up driving home in a snow and sleet storm on Wednesday. I'm surprised my tires handled it as good as they did. I got home, after going up many snow covered hills, just fine.

Here are some photos:

I got a car wash today, but I don't think you can tell. That was after going 10 mph down my dirt road to try and keep my car clean; It still didn't work.