Want to comfirm bolt pattern.

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
Infinity-x

Want to comfirm bolt pattern.

Post by Infinity-x »

I have a 2009 Pontiac Vibe Base 2.4l (isn't it a 2.4 if it has the "square" hubcaps?)I read somewhere here that the 2.4l has a 5.114 pattern, that is true correct? Will 5x100 work on the 2.4l? It seems the 5x100 wheels are more available and cheaper than the 5x114.Thanks!
vibenvy

Re: Want to comfirm bolt pattern. (Infinity-x)

Post by vibenvy »

If your wheel covers look like this...you have a 2.4L.Vibe bolt patterns are as follows:All 2003-2008 Vibes & 2009-2010 1.8L Vibes = 5 x 1002009-2010 2.4L Vibes (AWD, Base & GT) = 5 x 114.3
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
trb

Post by trb »

If you are looking at aftermarket wheels there are a lot of wheels for the 5x114 bolt pattern. There are even a few wheels that have both patterns on them, staggered on the rims so they could bolt up on either car. On the wheel websites they should ask you for the engine size and show you all the right wheels for your car.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
Infinity-x

Re: Want to comfirm bolt pattern. (trb)

Post by Infinity-x »

I assume the width of our wheels are 7 inches? So I would need to look for a 16x7 with a bolt pattern of 5x114.3 correct? I've seen a lot of ads with wheels that are 6.5 inch diameter, would those not fit?Here is what I've found on Ebay so far.. I want your opinions!I am really not too fond of these, but for the price they are a steal and I'm sure I can make them look 110% better with a paint design on them:And these next ones are just awesome! They are a little more pricy but I think the black and that nice dark red will look SEXY on my Silver Vible:Watcha guys think?
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

Alright guys - I'm pretty sure I am gonna grab the first pair picture. Can anyone help me confirm that these will fit? THe only thing I am worried about is the width and offset :Rim Material: AlloyNumber of Bolts: 5Rim Width: 7Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3Rim Diameter: 16Rim Brand: Factory, OEMOffset: 43
colterk

Post by colterk »

I feel ya man, I went with a set I wasn't initially super stoked on as the second pair was way pricier. It all worked out though. As long as you are content then go with what you can afford. I also had a tough time finding out bolt pattern and fitment. Very nerveracking for a noob, which I totally am. Good luck with them, I'm sure they will look great.
Link to my 'garage' thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38548
Led Powered Since '87
Infinity-x

Re: Want to comfirm bolt pattern. (colterk)

Post by Infinity-x »

Yeah it's all a bit too confusing LOL. Can anyone please confirm the above figures will fit my 2.4l? The only thing I'm worried about is the width and offset. The eBay seller isn't responding and I'd like to order them ASAP .. Thanks!
06pvibe

Re: Want to com firm bolt pattern. (Infinity-x)

Post by 06pvibe »

I agree the second set would look great against the silver.I am personally not a fan of multi-use wheels either. To me those extra, unused mounting holes say "cheap." They don't "feel" like they belong to the car they are mounted to. And all those spokes... you sure you are prepared to clean all that surface area??Somewhere on here is a listing of the OE offsets as well. I believe and IIRC +43 mm would do nicely. Rule of thumb is to stay within 5mm +/- and you're good to go, as long as you have enough back spacing and tire clearance. Much of that would be determined by how narrow or how wide the wheels and tires you choose are. Wider wheels and especially tire could mean less offset. Then, on the other side you run into fender clearance.... With a Vibe, you'd have to go pretty extreme to have that problem though.Consider weight as well. Lighter is usually better, but not at the expense of a quality built wheel. Choose wheels and manufacturers based on reputation and you'll usually do well. OE alloys are usually pretty heavy, usually heavier than they need to be for most applications.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
trb

Post by trb »

Vibe wheels have an offset of between 39 and 43mm depending on the wheel. The 18" GT wheels have a 39mm offset as do the steel wheels I think. But as long as you are close, they should fit OK.Just make sure you get the right lug nuts for the wheels. Most of the Toyota wheels require the shaft style with the washers, not the acorn style as used on the steel wheels with hubcaps.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Infinity-x

Re: (trb)

Post by Infinity-x »

Thanks for the info and heads up guys!As far as the offset, what if I plan on not buying tires? I am going to use the ones that came stock with my car. would that be a problem?Here are the specs of those Red ones which I am really looking intoModel - ApexSize- 16 "x 7 "Bolt Pattern5x100 / 5x114.3Offset +40mmFinish - Black with red polish lipWould that offset of +40mm be a problem with my stock tires? Thanks!
06pvibe

Re: (Infinity-x)

Post by 06pvibe »

No. Not at all. I was speaking to those, anyone that wants to go bigger. wider and taller.If staying in the OE zone, you'll be fine.Who makes those wheels?
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Infinity-x

Re: Want to com firm bolt pattern. (06pvibe)

Post by Infinity-x »

Not sure.. here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Red...fdadbAbout $400 for all 4 wheels with free shipping, not too bad.
06pvibe

Re: Want to com firm bolt pattern. (Infinity-x)

Post by 06pvibe »

I have no idea either, and that would be enough to scare me away.
Infinity-x

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by Infinity-x »

Alright guys, I am most likely going to be purchasing these on Ebay (they are a steal!)I need your help confirming these WILL fit my 2009 2.4L base.Bolt Pattern: 5x100, 5x114.3Rim Width: 7Rim Brand: KonigRim Diameter: 16Manufacturer Part Number: Zero-InNumber of Bolts: 5I am a bit confused as to how it only has 5 lug holes, but apparently it will fit both 5x100 AND 5x114.3I looked on discount tire and they say it will fit the 09 2.4L base Vibe, and their dimensions for this wheel is : 16X7 5-100/11440RBM So can you guys please help me out with this? I have to drive 4+ hours to get these and I want to confirm what this guy is selling matches the dimensions of what discount tire is listing.Thanks, and any quick help is appreciated!
trb

Post by trb »

I'm thinking there are different wheels for the 5x100 and 5x114 bolt patterns. I've seen some wheels with slotted lug holes that rely on the center hub to properly position the wheels, but they are rare and these don't look like that. I would ask the seller to confirm which wheels he has and maybe ask him to measure the distance between two opposing bolt holes. Or if they are a vendor, maybe they have both types. You know they are different patterns, and if it does not have both sets of lug holes, one wheel won't fit both patterns.I did some looking and they do use the same manufacturers part # for several versions of the wheel. One place does show the 5x100 and 5x114 in separate spots on their website so they are ordered separately. But they have the same part # Z167T04405 http://www.performanceplustire...d-red Even Summit Racing lists one part number, but they show 3 bolt patterns in the notes:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KNG-61232/Good luck!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
trb

Post by trb »

Is it the guy in Alpharetta Georgia that had them on his 2000 Z24 Cavalier? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Konig-...p=mtrI looked the Cadavalier up on Tirerack.com and it says they have a 5x100 bolt pattern, not 5x114. So I don't think they will work on a 2.4L Vibe.http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...dClar=
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

Thanks for the heads up!This guy had them on a 2000 Chevy Cavalier.. which I put into the discount tire wheel search and it brings up the same exact type of rim for both the Cavalier and Vibe (Same part # and everything) so I am assuming this might be one of those "rare" tires? This seller has confirmed they fit.I also noticed on discount tire this "Konig" wheel I am looking at has the same "Dimensions" as those with the 8 and 10 lug holes, yet this wheel comes with only 5 bolt holes.Maybe this can be one of those rare occurrences?
trb

Post by trb »

See my second post just above. I don't think they will fit.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

Ooops, I posted mine while you must have posted yours.Yes that is the ad for them. What a steal huh? I messaged him stating my problem and that I am no longer interested. Unless he can convince me they will fit, I think I am going to move on from these.THanks!
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

The verdict : These have 10 holes to fit both bolt patterns, which is why they are listed as 10/100/114.3mm.Let me know if you are still interested.Thank you.This guy says they have 10 holes to fit both patterns, which could be understandable considering he only posted a stock picture, not a personal one.I asked him to send me an "actual" picture of the wheel for sale.
trb

Post by trb »

I would want actual pics of all 4, front and back, if I was driving all day to get them. I don't see how that actual Konig wheel could have both sets of holes due to the way it is designed. If it had a large center "hub cap" that could be rotated to cover the other set of holes, maybe, but it does not. I'm thinking he has some wheels that are similar to those or maybe some knock offs.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

They do make designs like such with 10 lug nut holes.. maybe the ones with 10 were an older generation?See picture:Also here is another set of 16 inch Konig What my view on this is that they made different generations.. the new ones don't have the "universal" effect, while the older ones do.What do you think?
trb

Post by trb »

Sure doesn't look like a Cavalier! LOL! I'll bet you are right on the different models. IMO they don't look as nice as the stock pics that are designed with specific bolt patterns. They are about $200 cheaper on the face, but you also have your gas and time to pick them up. If he is 4 hrs away, you are figuring what, 1-1/2 tanks of gas? That puts a new set at only $125 more delivered. Of course you would then need the lugs too, thats another $25 or so. And I would wonder if the ebay auctions are showing the stock 5 hole pictures, but they actually are selling the 10 hole versions?Decisions, decisions......
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

Yes decisions LOL! The guy is being reasonable and offering to meet me halfway, so its only about an hour or so from where i am at (my location says I am in Columbia but I am closer to Atlanta at the moment).. and my wonderful Vibe gets great gas mileage LOLThe reason the ebay auction is showing the 5 hole pattern is because this guy didn't put up his own picture, he just used some picture he found on the internet. I sent him a message telling him to send me actual picture or else I'm not even interested. Why he would choose a picture with 5 lug holes is unknown to me. I am awaiting his response with the pictures.I really think it is worth the drive if it is legit, the fact that he is offering the lugs included is really nice. I can't really fetch out $125 more because I still have to pay to put these wheels on my stock tires which I plan on running me around $100 or so.
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

I found some sacchi rims. I'm gonna buy them today but apparently I need hub centric rings and new lug nuts. What size and type lugs do I need? I know they have to be the extended ones but idk about which size to get.
trb

Post by trb »

If they are hubcentric, then they probably need these kind of lugs:http://www.ebay.com/itm/260759247423That is the set I got for my son's car, and the style of lugs that are on my GT.Your steel wheels use the chamfered style lug nuts that seat the wheels in place. http://www.google.com/products...wIwAA#The aftermarket wheels using chamfered nuts have the bolt holes chamfered to mate with the tapered edge on the lug nuts. If the bolt holes are not chamfered, you will use the first kind of bolts above. On either type of lug, you will need the 12x1.50 threads to match the wheel studs.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

Thanks for that great information! What would I need if I plan on using hub centric rings? I was looking at these, mainly for their price :http://www.ebay.com/itm/251012...l2649Regardless of which wheel/tire I currently have/am getting, will these fit as long as they are 12x1.5?Here is the wheels they are going on to, sorry for the bad pictures I found them online :
trb

Post by trb »

If those are the exact wheels, they look to have full center caps that completely cover the lugs? If so, you need smaller lugs. And those wheels look to have the chamfered holes. So if they do, they need the chamfered lug nuts. You might be able to use your stock ones if that is the case.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

It looks as if the pictured wheels have "acorn" style lug nuts. What is the difference between the "acorn" style and the chamfered style? Yes, it comes with a center cap.
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

Are these the same thing as chamfered lug nuts?
trb

Post by trb »

It really is hard to tell from a picture what the wheels need, but acorn nuts are usually the chamfered or conical nuts, often with a curved closed top or open end top. Best bet is to just get the wheels and then see what lugs fit it properly at an auto parts store, or ask a tire place. The key is to make sure the lug nut face contacts the wheel totally, not just in a small point. And from what I've read, there are a few different types of chamfered or conical nuts, you have to make sure you get the right ones.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

Yeah I am just gonna take them to the installer once I receive the wheels and see what he says. Here is an update!I purchased these wheels for a steal on E-bay ($271 WITH free shipping!) They are lightly used and have some curb rash, but nothing major... considering I will probably add a little more curb rash LOL.Here they are :I also purchased hubcentric spacers in order to ensure a flush fit to the hub.These wheels are going on this :Do you guys think I made a good choice? Heck, I just wanted to get away from my defective hubcaps which rattle like crazy on the interstate.Thanks for all the help guys!
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

They remind me a little bit of Scion tC wheels and they look great on Vibes IMO. You could personalize them a bit? A bit of gray metallic paint. A red stripe here or there and they'd look realy good.
Infinity-x

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by Infinity-x »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »They remind me a little bit of Scion tC wheels and they look great on Vibes IMO. You could personalize them a bit? A bit of gray metallic paint. A red stripe here or there and they'd look realy good.Didn't notice the resemblance until you pointed it out! Cool!I agree with your idea on the personalization part. Instead of red though I think I would like to stick wit my car's color scheme. I could easily pull either of these designs off :Do you guys think either of those would look good with actual rims instead of hubcaps? Or if you have any other ideas I am open to them
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Personally, I would add in some color. To me, silver and black is just silver and black. (And again my personal preference is to avoid black wheels on most cars. They tend to disappear which to me is not the point of putting wheels on a car.That said, it is your car and your personalization we are talking about here, and based on my opinions stated above, of the two, I like the second the best. More contrast and they stand out a bit more. Granted, I drive a white Mazda3 HB w/graphite colored wheels (they are great at hiding the brake dust,) but have both paint and lighting accents in various places on the car. And the gray wheels, while not flashy, don't disappear like black wheels would.
trb

Post by trb »

I was thinking if you painted the center part of the spokes black on the hub section, carrying down the "open" look between the spokes into the hub, it might blend the hub in with the wheel a bit better. And put a Pontiac emblem in the center, that would give it some red!I'm terrible at MS Paint, but here is an idea.

Attached files
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Infinity-x

Re: Want to comfirm bolt pattern.

Post by Infinity-x »

Thanks for the tip ! I like that paint scheme you drew for me in paint, so I will look into it. For now I am satisfied with just the stock wheels. Here is a pic of them mounted