Momo Winter Pro S with Continental Extreme Contact DWS

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
Triton

Momo Winter Pro S with Continental Extreme Contact DWS

Post by Triton »

Here are the pics of my new 17" Momo Winter Pro S wheels with Continental Extreme Contact DWS. You can't really see the tread pattern in the pics, but it is aggressive. So far, I have driven when it has been wet and raining and it's night and day difference to those crap Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires that came stock. I didn't realize they were as bad as they were. The Goodyears have awful ratings on Tirerack.com. I thought it was just me for a while as to why they would slip so much in the rain and had so little grip in the snow.Here are the pics. Nevermind the dirty Vibe...lol.

Attached files
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
jkm311

Re: Momo Winter Pro S with Continental Extreme Contact DWS (Triton)

Post by jkm311 »

Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Re: Momo Winter Pro S with Continental Extreme Contact DWS (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

Man, those are some darn nice looking winter wheels ! So much better than my steelies !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
06pvibe

Re: Momo Winter Pro S with Continental Extreme Contact DWS (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by 06pvibe »

I'll +1 that. In fact they look TONS better than our winter OR summer wheels (OE steelies.) And no, its NOT just you. Now you know why I call them The BadYear's. I'm surprised BadYear even still offers them? They must be stupid, and/or thick headed.I put DWS's on our Vibe less than a month after getting the car and only cause it took that long to get them, then later on my Mazda3. We couldn't be happier with them unless they had better (re: quicker) steering response. But that's a small price to pay for the peace of mind they offer and the wear rating, which so far seems pretty accurate.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
jkm311

Re: Momo Winter Pro S with Continental Extreme Contact DWS (06pvibe)

Post by jkm311 »

All the rotations and use of winter tires in the world couldn't get me 40k miles on my RS-As. The tread started tapping out around 30k and I began doing the infamous spin outs in the rain from a dead stop. With *our* base engine?! Puh-lease.Only bad item on the car along with the PCM. Bridgestone Potenza G019s for me now. I have 20k on those and you can hardly tell.
Steelies to the rescue.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

whoa!!!! blast from the past!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
cq358

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by cq358 »

They are so nice, that I would consider them to be my summer rims, and put some gun metal finish..
Fermi

Post by Fermi »

I got a set of DWS 2 years ago in December when my wife spun out on the stock RS-As that had 35K miles on them. They worked really well, but now that the DWS have 25K I'm not so sure how they will perform this winter in Minnesota. Probably going to get a set of winters which is why I'm on the board now doing research.
bpgmcbill

Re: Momo Winter Pro S with Continental Extreme Contact DWS (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by bpgmcbill »

Hi Triton,Do you know where your Momo Pro Winter S wheels are cast? I could believe they're designed in Italy, but are they manufactured there? My wheel + tire guy can get me MSW six-spoke wheels that look sharp, but those definitely are made in China, and I'm concerned about quality control...Besides, the Momos look great on your car and I think it might be worth the effort to find some that fit my Vibe.Carrie,I was glad to finally see 16" wheels on the '09 GT as someone at my local GM dealership told me it couldn't be done last year. Do you know whether the bolt pattern is 5 X 114.3 mm(4.5") or 5 X 115 mm?All,I've been enjoying reading your posts over the past few days trying to finally get winter wheels and tires to be able to put the factory set away this year. I look forward to reading more and sharing as time permits...I am humbled as I have not been as kind to my Purple Poncho as you all are to yours. I'm also wondering whether Pirelli P Zero Nero tires will be quieter than the Goodyear F1 AS/C 215/45R18 skins from the factory. But the Goodyears should last a bit longer if I keep restrained...-Buick(65)-Pontiac(09)-GMC(98)-Bill
Bill1965 Buick Skylark1998 GMC Sonoma2009 Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Re: Momo Winter Pro S with Continental Extreme Contact DWS (bpgmcbill)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by bpgmcbill »Carrie,I was glad to finally see 16" wheels on the '09 GT as someone at my local GM dealership told me it couldn't be done last year. Do you know whether the bolt pattern is 5 X 114.3 mm(4.5") or 5 X 115 mm?Yes, 16s will fit 2009-2010 GTs! The wheels just barely clear the calipers, but we have run them on our two 09 GTs for two winters now without any rubbing issues or any other issues for that matter.The bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3.I take it you have an 09 GT? And telling by your avatar picture it's Steel Blue Metallic!?! My mom's is also Steel Blue Metallic. What a beautiful color ! You should post some pictures when you get a chance !
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Hey Triton - Are you able to use oem lugs instead of tuner lugs w/key on these wheels?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
shemp

Post by shemp »

+1 I upgraded to the Conti DWS's a couple weeks ago, and I am very pleased with them so far. I was not fond of the Goodyears from early on, and was glad to see them go. The Conti's are much quieter (to be expected on fresh tires), hopefully this remains the case. Those RS/A's were obnoxious on the freeway.
2009 Vibe GT
bpgmcbill

Re: Momo Winter Pro S with Continental Extreme Contact DWS (

Post by bpgmcbill »

vibenvy wrote:And telling by your avatar picture it's Steel Blue Metallic!?! My mom's is also Steel Blue Metallic. What a beautiful color ! You should post some pictures when you get a chance !
The car is actually Mystic Blue, which one of the salesmen called a slate blue and the other salesman called purple on the phone. Glad I gave slate blue a chance, or I wouldn't own the car, but it is kind of grape-colored. Still hoping to take the chance to upload more photos...
bpgmcbill

Post by bpgmcbill »

vibenvy wrote:Yes, 16s will fit 2009-2010 GTs! The wheels just barely clear the calipers, but we have run them on our two 09 GTs for two winters now without any rubbing issues or any other issues for that matter.The bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3.
Update: I ran the Momo Winter Pro S 16" wheels all last winter on the fronts only, replacing the 18" GT rims. They were great with the Michelin X-Ice X-2 slightly oversize 205/60R16 studless snows. This is my first week of having all four Momo + Michelins installed. Much quieter than the Goodyear F1''s up to 80 MPH. I recommend getting smaller lugs for the wheels as the Pontiac factory lugs with the service lug wrench for the stock 18" rims will scuff the Momos...The lug wrench OD is pretty close to the lug bore on the Momos. Finally, if you buy these Momos, ask your tire installed to take care when mounting/balancing the Momo rims. The powder coat on a couple of the wheels didn't stand up to the clamp on the balancing machine so some of the powder coat is chipped.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

bpgmcbill wrote: The car is actually Mystic Blue, which one of the salesmen called a slate blue and the other salesman called purple on the phone.

Hmmmmmmmm ........ I don't think so :?

This is Mystic Blue. Only available on the 2009 models. Ignition Orange (very sharp color) replaced it in 2010

Anyways several of us here are curious to see your winter tire setup. I too (like Vibenvy) have 16" Camry rims with local all season
rubber mounted on them for the winter. Also post a pic of your Vibe with the REAL color so we all can be the judge as to what
you really have ................... Thanks ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Re: Momo Winter Pro S with Continental Extreme Contact DWS

Post by vibenvy »

bpgmcbill wrote:The car is actually Mystic Blue, which one of the salesmen called a slate blue and the other salesman called purple on the phone. Glad I gave slate blue a chance, or I wouldn't own the car, but it is kind of grape-colored. Still hoping to take the chance to upload more photos...
tpollauf wrote:Hmmmmmmmm ........ I don't think so :?

This is Mystic Blue. Only available on the 2009 models. Ignition Orange (very sharp color) replaced it in 2010

Yeah, your Vibe is definitely Steel Blue Metallic which is a purplish bluish color and is much darker than Mystic Blue Metallic, as you can see in the picture Tim posted.