Hit a pothole and bent my steel rim. Is there a list of compatable rims?

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
journeyforce

Hit a pothole and bent my steel rim. Is there a list of compatable rims?

Post by journeyforce »

Hey folks,This morning I was driving and I hit a pothole. It bent my factory 16 in steel rim. Is there a list somewhere on this forum that tells what cars I can get a rim from that will work? I am not interested in upgrading to alloy rims or aftermarket. I just want to replace the damaged rim.I have seen some talk about Corrolla rims working but I am sure I will not be able to find one of those at the local boneyard. Anything on the GM side that will work?Thanks
Cougar Vibe

Re: Hit a pothole and bent my steel rim. Is there a list of compatable rims? (journeyforce)

Post by Cougar Vibe »

I would think it wouldn't be too hard to locate a generic 00's 16" Toyota black steely, especially being as so many Corollas and Camrys were produced during that time. As for a GM-sourced wheel, I wouldn't want one, as the OEM ones were from Toyota.Also, Tirerack carries steel rims. I don't know what year your Vibe is, but you can get a first gen Vibe steely for $56 plus shipping (probably a killer). I would suspect just about any wrecking yard would beat that price handily though...Good luck.
vibenvy

Re: Hit a pothole and bent my steel rim. Is there a list of compatable rims? (Cougar Vibe)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by journeyforce »Hey folks,This morning I was driving and I hit a pothole. It bent my factory 16 in steel rim. Is there a list somewhere on this forum that tells what cars I can get a rim from that will work? I am not interested in upgrading to alloy rims or aftermarket. I just want to replace the damaged rim.I have seen some talk about Corrolla rims working but I am sure I will not be able to find one of those at the local boneyard. Anything on the GM side that will work?ThanksFirst off, a little FYI to help you on your search: 09-10 1.8Ls have a 5x100 bolt pattern which is the same as all 03-08 Vibes.I'm not sure what shipping would be, but this one on eBay is $39.99.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
journeyforce

Post by journeyforce »

Thanks all. You would think that it would be easy to find one in the Balt-Wash area because the offical cars of the area are Accords, camry and Corolla but there is none.So the 2003 to 2008 Vibe rims will work on the 09-10 1.8 base? There is a person selling a brand new 2008 rim for $8 more then that other seller. I will pull the trigger if it will work. Thanks all
journeyforce

Re: Hit a pothole and bent my steel rim. Is there a list of compatable rims? (journeyforce)

Post by journeyforce »

Also will a 2009-2011 16x6.5 5x100 Matrix rim work?
journeyforce

Re: Hit a pothole and bent my steel rim. Is there a list of compatable rims? (Cougar Vibe)

Post by journeyforce »

Thanks for your heads up on this. It comes out to $72 with shipping. My question for you is this, can I use the same factory hub caps with the tire rack rim?
Cougar Vibe

Post by Cougar Vibe »

When I bought my steelies (w/mounted snow tires) from Tirerack, I also ordered a set of Matrix hubcaps off of Ebay and they fit no problemo. That said, the steel wheels I got from Tirerack were actual OEM Toyota; must have been trade-ins off of a new car when somebody upgraded their wheels. YMMV...BTW: Have you tried Craigslist?
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by journeyforce »So the 2003 to 2008 Vibe rims will work on the 09-10 1.8 base? There is a person selling a brand new 2008 rim for $8 more then that other seller. I will pull the trigger if it will work. Also will a 2009-2011 16x6.5 5x100 Matrix rim work?My question for you is this, can I use the same factory hub caps with the tire rack rim?Yes, any 2003 - 2008 Vibe wheel will fit your 09 1.8L.Yes, 2009-2011 Matrix 5x100 wheels will work.Yes, the factory wheel cover should fit on the Tire Rack wheel no problem.
journeyforce

Post by journeyforce »

Thanks for your replies. I wound up finding a wheel on eBay for a 2009 that came with the sensor and a hub cap for $90 shipped. Not the worlds greatest price but it has a sensor included and I realized NTB would probably break the one I have on the current rim trying to transfer so i better have a spare. There is a rim repair place in the area that I might take the damaged rim to to see if it is fixable and then keep it as a back up in case I need one to use fast. This is the first rim I have ever damaged on a car. I wonder if those rims are made of cheap metal?
vibenvy

Re: (journeyforce)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by journeyforce »Thanks for your replies. I wound up finding a wheel on eBay for a 2009 that came with the sensor and a hub cap for $90 shipped. Not the worlds greatest price but it has a sensor included and I realized NTB would probably break the one I have on the current rim trying to transfer so i better have a spare. There is a rim repair place in the area that I might take the damaged rim to to see if it is fixable and then keep it as a back up in case I need one to use fast. This is the first rim I have ever damaged on a car. I wonder if those rims are made of cheap metal?Glad you got what you needed so quick ! IMO $90 shipped is pretty darn good for a wheel, wheel cover, sensor and shipping. Best of luck getting everything switched over.