New Enkei wheels and tires!

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
vibedrivermatt

New Enkei wheels and tires!

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Well, I finally decided to go for it and get some alloy wheels. Initially I planned on going for a plainer looking OEM alloy wheel but, after thinking about it, I wanted to give the car a cool look so I opted to go for some black painted Enkei wheels. The tires are Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110'sthe wheels are 17" X 7 with 38mm offset.
vibenvy

Re: New Enkei wheels and tires! (vibedrivermatt)

Post by vibenvy »

The black wheels look amazing with the dark gray! Your Vibe keeps getting better and better !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
vibedrivermatt

Re: New Enkei wheels and tires! (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Thanks J to Envy!!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Awesome!!!!!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Looks good!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
jkm311

Re: New Enkei wheels and tires! (star_deceiver)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Your Vibe keeps getting better and better !And how! Great setup.
Steelies to the rescue.
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Looken good but I would of painted the calipers black also
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
vibedrivermatt

Re: New Enkei wheels and tires! (TONY TAT2)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Quote, originally posted by TONY TAT2 »Looken good but I would of painted the calipers black also oh right Im going to be doing that at some point. I've already decided on the type on paint I'm gonna go with. Black is definitely something that would work. I was also considering Red or Silver. When I was using the tool that comes included to put the lugs on scratched up the paint a little!Seems like the paint is pretty fragile.
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

another thing about upgrading wheels are the TPMS sensors. I actually spent the extra cash to have four TPMS sensors installed into the new wheels. I have to take my car somewhere to get my sensors activated which is sorta a pain. I thought that if I didn't get the sensors, there would be really annoying beeping every time I went for a drive. Instead, all I get is the flashing wheel light. It flashes for a while and then just stays on, no beeping. If I had to do it again I would have just skipped the sensors and let the light stay on.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by vibedrivermatt »Thanks J to Envy!!You're welcome !Quote, originally posted by TONY TAT2 »I would of painted the calipers black also I agree! Quote, originally posted by vibedrivermatt »oh right Im going to be doing that at some point. I've already decided on the type on paint I'm gonna go with. Black is definitely something that would work. I was also considering Red or Silver. When I was using the tool that comes included to put the lugs on scratched up the paint a little! I had to lube up the lug nut key tool to prevent it from scratching the wheels. Seems like the paint is pretty fragile.I would recommend black. I think red is too overdone these days and in my opinion it looks cheesy. Silver will get dirty and look bad quickly (my calipers were so gross looking when I went to paint them earlier this year). Black looks clean and subtle and it won't get dirty or look crappy. Just my $.02 though. I'm sure whatever you do will look just fine .That sucks about the paint on the wheels . I hope it doesn't start chipping off on you .Quote, originally posted by vibedrivermatt »another thing about upgrading wheels are the TPMS sensors. I actually spent the extra cash to have four TPMS sensors installed into the new wheels. I have to take my car to a dealership to get my sensors activated which will be more $$. I thought that if I didn't get the sensors, there would be really annoying beeping every time I went for a drive. Instead, all I get is the flashing idiot light. It flashes for a while and then just stays on, no beeping. If I had to do it again I would have just skipped the sensors and let the idiot light stay on. Getting the sensors was a mistake on my part. the light didn't come on until I drove the car around for a half hour the first time. After that it comes on every time I start up.Yep, the TPMSs are a waste of money in my opinion. I didn't get them for mine or my mom's winter wheels and we didn't have any issues except the light being on. In my case, since the 18s were being stored right in front of where I park my car, my light wouldn't go on until I drove about 15 minutes from the garage . There's no beeping or anything and when we put the 18s back on in the spring the light went out and stayed out. No need for a trip to the dealer or anything. After a while you don't even notice the light anymore . Oh... also... I don't know if you saw my post on MO and/or if you got my response to your PM on here, but the offset for the factory 18s is indeed 39 and they are 18x7 .
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Black looks clean and subtle and it won't get dirty or look crappy. Just my $.02 though. I'm sure whatever you do will look just fine .I think you've all helped me decide on going with the Black calipers. I'm hoping to get some S/S brake lines at some point so I could do an extra nice paint job with all the calipers removed. Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Oh... also... I don't know if you saw my post on MO and/or if you got my response to your PM on here, but the offset for the factory 18s is indeed 39 and they are 18x7 .oh I saw that over there. Yeah thanks, I think you cleared that up for them.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

They look great! I think it would look even better with painted calipers.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Now just get that ride lowered.Looks great!
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
vibenvy

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by vibedrivermatt »ok I think you've all helped me decide on going with the Black calipers. I'm hoping to get some S/S brake lines at some point so I could do an extra nice paint job with all the calipers removed. oh I saw that over there. Yeah thanks, I think you cleared that up for them.Black calipers yay ! You won't be disappointed! Stainless brake lines will be a great addition as well I'm sure.I'm glad I could clear that up for you and all the guys over at MO .Quote, originally posted by Kincaid »Now just get that ride lowered.x2!
vibedrivermatt

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Quote, originally posted by Kincaid »Now just get that ride lowered.Already thought of that! I've got the TRD lowering springs yeahhh!!
vibenvy

Re: (vibedrivermatt)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by vibedrivermatt »Already thought of that! I've got the TRD lowering springs, just waiting for the spring compressor to come in the mail.I'll be sure to show plenty of pics of the install. Plan to do it in about 2 weeks because I'm leaving to go work but, when I get back those babies are goin in! yeeahh!!!! w00t I'll be anxiously awaiting pictures !
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

That will look (and handle) sweet when you're done. I'm envious.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

If anyone in Illinois or Indiana need a spring compressor I have one in my garage.
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

if you dont mind me asking, how much did those run you?
Baby Blue
Toasted7

Re: (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by Toasted7 »

Black calipers and DRRRRROP... will look sick with those new rims!
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
bull77

Re: (Toasted7)

Post by bull77 »

nice wheels Quote, originally posted by Toasted7 »Black calipers and DRRRRROP... will look sick with those new rims!^^^