Diamondback tires?

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
Merzbow

Diamondback tires?

Post by Merzbow »

Since I'm strapped for cash I can get a couple of Diamondback tires for about $65 each. I was wondering if anyone else here has had them and if so how long does the tread last?I'm getting really tired of buying a new $600 set of tires every spring so I want to get hard tires this time but I want the performance tread pattern.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Never heard of them... New tires every spring? Your worse than me young Jedi... This though work?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I haven't heard of them either. That's a ton of money to be burning through every year for tires.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Why are you burning through tires so fast homie? alignment issues? Check the link that Keith put in the "favorite place to buy tires" on the 3rd page.. I saw some deals and some companies I had never herd of as well...lol..
Merzbow

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by Merzbow »

Well my boss said one of his girl's friends always buys them for his spinners and over sized rims and hasn't had any issues with them.To be honest I don't know. AJ still has his original tires on his rims and he got his rims before me. I don't race I dont take corners fast, all the tires are worn identically front and back and the entire tire is worn evenly as well so I doubt it's alignment issues. AJ said I do dig into corners. If that's the case the reason being that my mom ALWAYS got on my case about taking corners too widely when I was learning to drive so that would explain why I do it.2008: General Exclaim UHP2009: Fuzion ZR1For some reason I thought I went through three sets but I cannot think of the other brand? Maybe I'm crazy and only went through two. Either way they only lasted about a season-season and a half since I take these rims off for winter they don't even last a full year. Between my car and my bike I'm getting pissed off with all the tires I buy.I have to get new tires for my bike every year too. I run Michelin Pilot Powers on the bike so that is why, very soft, but the bike is about $230 for the rear and $200 for the front.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
keithvibe

Re: Diamondback tires? (Merzbow)

Post by keithvibe »

what size are you looking at maybe we can suggest a few tires for you
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Merzbow

Re: Diamondback tires? (keithvibe)

Post by Merzbow »

I want 225/40/18.I still have reading to do on here but like I said, since I'm SOOOOO broke I can only buy two now and two later lol. I LOOOOVEE living in Michigan.....NOT
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

your 65 dollar price tag... is that including shipping?If not they my I suggest Kumho ECSTA AST tiresavings.com has them in your size for 68 dollars.They have a slightly higher treadwear rating *400* then the General Exclaim uhp at *380*I have heard most people like them.I am currently rocking the UHP.. and if you were closer I would sell you mine they have less than 3000 miles on them. I think they are too noisy for me.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I look and the AST is 78$ on TS.com.. .lol.. ?
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Says you could get the Wanli "Ling Long LL688" for 61$ though... lol.. You know you want some Ling Long on your car... The tread looks like a Yokahama something or other I think.. Can't quite place it..
Sublimewind

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »To be honest I don't know. AJ still has his original tires on his rims and he got his rims before me. I don't race I dont take corners fast, all the tires are worn identically front and back and the entire tire is worn evenly as well so I doubt it's alignment issues. AJ said I do dig into corners. If that's the case the reason being that my mom ALWAYS got on my case about taking corners too widely when I was learning to drive so that would explain why I do it.2008: General Exclaim UHP2009: Fuzion ZR1For some reason I thought I went through three sets but I cannot think of the other brand? Maybe I'm crazy and only went through two. Either way they only lasted about a season-season and a half since I take these rims off for winter they don't even last a full year. Between my car and my bike I'm getting pissed off with all the tires I buy.Dig into corners, how? Do you not slow down enough and take them kinda "hot" if you will? Do you cut tight to the curb? Something has to be wearing out your tires.. I can say that most of the Subie guys wouldn't touch either of those tires, it's been to long for me to remember the exacts of why... but I've read about both on my Subie forum... I do remember the term "greasy" when talking about the UHP..??What tire is AJ runnin?
keithvibe

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by keithvibe »

my uhp's handle fantastic in dry conditions. I have been known to take a curve posted at 20mph at 50mph LOL not one whine or squeal from the tires in protest.lol I seen that sub... (removed).. last night i kid you not they were 68
Sublimewind

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »my uhp's handle fantastic in dry conditions. I have been known to take a curve posted at 20mph at 50mph LOL not one whine or squeal from the tires in protest.lol I seen that sub... (removed).. last night i kid you not they were 68 My comments are purely based on reading the forums... And the subie guys do it from the track, down... so they h lot of experience.. Doesn't matter, if you like'em.. I donno about the site, maybe it follows the stock market?
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Maybe the question should be: How many miles do you drive and ride. Burning through a set of tires in one year is not normal at all, unless you are doing well over 50 thousand miles a year an pushing the tires all the time. That kind of thing gets really expensive, really fast. I drive a bit each year, at least 20 thousand plus miles, but my tires usually start to rot and check before the wear strips become flush with any leftover tread. My ratty truck got 58 thousand miles from a set of B.F. G. Long Trail tires... but they were not worn out, the tires wouldn't pass inspection because they were starting to show some checking on the sidewall near the rim of the tire. The tread was still plenty deep for even snow duty. They had been on the truck since 1999. I'd get the alignment looked over at least, and you might want to ease off those corners a bit. Might save you some money!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Merzbow

Re: Diamondback tires? (vibolista)

Post by Merzbow »

I tend to hug the curbs when I corner and I don't corner that fast so I think these tires just have short lives.Like i said, this I think is because my mom, when I was learning how to drive always used to get on my case because I would take corners "too wide" according to her. In my eyes it wasn't too wide but whatever. So basically I think I'm stuck with this habit because it was learned from when I was 15. I could check the alignment but like I said, all four tires are worn identically so I don't think that's the issue. That requires money and that's the problem I'm having now to begin with (removed)....catch 22.The General UHPs were fantastic tires. They stuck to the pavement and were hard to break free even in rain, not that that's too impressive since the Vibe is slow but they were still very nice.I found a couple of the same exact tires I have on the car now (Fuzion ZRi 225/40/18) except these ones are just a bit wider at 235/40/18. They have like 25% tread life left so I'm going to replace at least two of hte tires for now until I get more money to get more. Only two of mine are almost completely bald, the rear ones are close but not there quite yet.
leprekawn

Post by leprekawn »

just a thoughtyou ever check the air pressure on your tires?underinflated tires are one of the biggest reasons for premature tire wearand how are the diamondbacks working out for you? thinking of picking some up today
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I bought a pair of Kuhmo Ecsta ASX tires from tirerack. I like them. They are a bit quieter than the Nexen tires I was running & the sidewall isnt as stiff. Thats ok though, I was looking for a softer/quieter tire anyhow. They are rated at 420AA. I will get the rears installed tomorrow.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on