new rims

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
WaveAction

new rims

Post by WaveAction »

well i finally purchased rims for the vibe, not gonna post pics until they're on the car which will be hopefully next month..but im looking to get colored lugnuts, similar to the color of my car..i've found a few places that have the blue idonized or acidized(not sure what the correct term was) in blue and its close..anyways my question is what is the lugnut thread im supposed to get..12x1.5mm? or what thanks for any replies
BlueCrush

Re: new rims (WaveAction)

Post by BlueCrush »

Yes, 12x1.5 is the correct size and anodized is the correct term. Look forward to seeing the new rims.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

ok thanks bc, picking up a set from jegs.com..only 25 usd for them but if you wanna see the rims..these are themnot an actual picture of them in my garage but u get the idea...they're a replica of the volk racing CE28 N's which is what i really want but didnt wanna spend 750 per rim on them..these and nitto nt555 rubber were about 1200 after taxes and what not..so im happy about themthis is actually my dream car with the volks on it..and got the idea of the adonized lugnuts with the hyperblack/gunmetal rims..gives it some contrast(see attachment)

Attached files
sk8r78

Post by sk8r78 »

They should look good on the Vibe. You didn't mention what size you were getting. Dream car is lookin' pretty good too
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i've already got them..they're 18x7.5 rims..tires are 225/40R18..and yea i love subarus..i just cant afford one..used one here is between 30k-35k for an sti
damronjr

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by WaveAction »ok thanks bc, picking up a set from jegs.com..only 25 usd for them but if you wanna see the rims..these are themnot an actual picture of them in my garage but u get the idea...they're a replica of the volk racing CE28 N's which is what i really want but didnt wanna spend 750 per rim on them..these and nitto nt555 rubber were about 1200 after taxes and what not..so im happy about themthis is actually my dream car with the volks on it..and got the idea of the adonized lugnuts with the hyperblack/gunmetal rims..gives it some contrast(see attachment)I hear ya there, I'm looking at some O.Z. wheels for my HHR, but the site I want to get them through wants $511 per wheel, which is $111 more per wheel than Discount Tire, but since I heard the Stage 1 kit is about to become available for the 09^ HHR SS, I think I'm gonna wait for that! Those should look pretty bad-*** on your ride, though!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

thanks man...ya i like wheelsnext..great prices and free shipping+ prepaid customs to canada..so no need to worry about any of that..whatever the price was on the site for the rims and rubber..that was the final price..came with the chrome lug nuts and hub rings theirs a few extras u could buy like locking wheel nuts and nitrogen filled tires and a warrenty which i believe was only available in the states...but i couldnt be happier..i actually got these rims and better tires then my 17" that i had on my sunfire for the same price..not to badand btw love the hhr-ss...we've had 2 of them at our dealership within a month and both have sold in under a week of having..we had the black exactly like yours and we had a burgandy one..they're pretty quick cars and feature great stuff like the vibe does
kevera

Post by kevera »

Congrats on the new rims.I'm glad you finally got them.Can't wait to see them in person.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Sull

Re:

Post by Sull »

Congrats, can't wait to get me a set
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

NOICE... FYI, if you were to get on some of the Subaru forums (NASIOC) I bet you could have found your Volk CE28N's for MUCH less than new, used... Oh well, they'll look great, even if they aren't the "real deal" I can't wait to see the pics..!!
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

yea..volk ce28n's used are still probably 3-400..to much for me lol..the rims i got were only 150...which is decent for a set of 18" brand new..sure they're not genuine volks or as light but still good enough..im going for the look since like i mentioned..even volks used are probably double to what i wanna pay for a set of rims..im sure the rims u picked up werent cheapedit...went on the NASIOC's forums and saw a set of the CE28N's for sale..18x8.5...ya only 1700 which is $500 more then i payed for the rims AND rubber...if i win the millions then i would lol
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Nice! Those will look great on the Wave! Can't wait to see them on!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by WaveAction »yea..volk ce28n's used are still probably 3-400..to much for me lol..the rims i got were only 150...which is decent for a set of 18" brand new..sure they're not genuine volks or as light but still good enough..im going for the look since like i mentioned..even volks used are probably double to what i wanna pay for a set of rims..im sure the rims u picked up werent cheapedit...went on the NASIOC's forums and saw a set of the CE28N's for sale..18x8.5...ya only 1700 which is $500 more then i payed for the rims AND rubber...if i win the millions then i would lolI got my TE37's for 1100 shipped from Japan.. lol... They were in bad shape though, had to do quite a bit of work to get them looking like they do now... and no, I didn't get them with rubber... all be told, I got a ~3000$ set of Volks(wo/tire) for 1500$ with tires.. EDIT: I thought you were trying to build a "show" car???
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Nice! do you have a PS pic of them on the vibe?
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

lol sublime, no im not making a show car..mines a daily driver and once i get the rims on im pretty much done...decided against the muffler cause i like the silence while driving..might only get the hotchkiss swaybars but thats it..going to school in august for home renovation/construction so not doing anything more to the vibe til i make more money at an actual career instead of what im doing
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Hmm.... I thought you were planning on doing all sorts of things to the car... I guess plans change, or i'm thinking of a different Viber.. Doesn't matter, the wheels will look great..!!
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

coulda been a different viber..i had some stuff i've wanted to do but decided i'd either wait til later on or not at all, a few carbon fiber stuff on the inside and dc sport headers, magnaflow exhaust, hid's, remove the roofrails and get the roofcaps, carbonfiber hood and some other stuff..but thats all changed...just the swaybars and im done for atleast til spring of 2010
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

ok so an update on this, since i havent been on this site for awhile..the rims i had bought from wheelsnext.com...were the wrong size..i think they sent a 5x114 or even 5x110..cause they didnt wanna go on at all..so i sent them back..and got my money back from them..picking up a set of rims from my work..getting them friday once i get payed..they're 18" enkei LF-10's in black..here's a pic and i will definitly get a pic this weekend since im putting them on saturday morning..i do have an opinion i'd like to ask from everyone..here's a pic of the rim..my question is, would you think it'd look good if i had a friend powder coat the lip the same color as my car..give it some accent..i've seen it on other cars and i love the look but im on the fence with it..i happen to actually find a nissan maxima or..altima..forget which..with the same rims..painted with the lip..here's a pic of that..let me know what u guys thinkand to conclude...the rims also come with an option that can be bolted on with the center cap/rivets along the edge to make it a 20 spoke rim..
sk8r78

Post by sk8r78 »

I think if you can get the color close to your car then go for it. Color is in for 09 and you can always go back when the trend changes. You could also just color match the add on piece. But I think the lip in Wave Blue would be hot
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

ya thats what i was thinking..besides im not a fan of the add on..it just looks odd..if i do the lip it'll be next spring, i know of a guy who does this stuff for a living about 20 minutes from my house
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Those will look sweet...!!AFA powder coating, don't bother, just have them painted.. PC is nice and strong, but if you were to ever want to remove it, well, it ain't easy.. lol... My lips on my Volk I did with rattle cans and while it's not nearly as strong as the stock PC, it's strong enough, and if I want to remover it, some brake cleaner will take it right off.. and not harm the wheels finish... !
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

ok well some more bad luck...the rims dont fit..they were off an 09 base vibe..so i figured they'd fit..but what i didnt know cause the parts manager didnt know..that the base had the 2.4L in it which are 5x114..so..im a little ticked off but he's gonna try and get me the same rims but 5x100's...worst comes to worst i'll use my all seasons this summer since i got school in november..it'll save me 1300 right there..then pick some up next winter..will keep updating...supposed to hear from him monday or tuesday
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

they look nice and heavy! didn't realize the new 2.4L went with 5x114
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS