Finaly the Day Has Arrived!!

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
zionzr2

Finaly the Day Has Arrived!!

Post by zionzr2 »

I'm currently setting here in the waiting room of Lamb's Tire a Goodyear Gemni Dealer getting Brand New:TRIPLETREADS!! The IRS check has arrived and now I can say Good Riddence the %!#$% RS-A'sThey did give good tread longevity. But beyond that they are worthless!New Tires, R.H., Lifetime Ballance and Rotate, Alignment, Discount through my employer. I should be a Happy Campper soon!The Economy should be happy too! I'm being a good American and Spending my Stimulus check!I'll have pictures up later once All is done and i get back home to the camera.
Blueridge9

Re: Finaly the Day Has Arrived!! (zionzr2)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Zion,Something to chec on those triple treads that K9 posted in another thread.How old are the tires? How long have they been in the store BEFORE you bought them? Learn where to find the date for when your tires were made. Some experts say tires older than 6 years do not perform safely anymore even if they still have good tread left.http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

The Tire Code reads "0108"! That makes them only about 7 months old so I'm good with that. It stinks that its on the inside sidewall! The tires that I used to have eneded in 05 which was the same year i go those too.So I have not fallen victim to yeah these are 14 year old Brand New tires scam! Wow What a difference these tires make.just on the way home from the shop.SofterQuieter more responsiveI hope it rains some time soon again so I can test that part out.Pics on the way!
zionzr2

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by zionzr2 »

Ok as Promised!Here are a few quick shots: I had to remove the tire to check the date code.
GOTPONTIAC

Post by GOTPONTIAC »

Nice pics, let us know how they do in the rain. Also if they change your MPG.I am going to need some new rubber under my vibe soon as well.GP
GP2003 base Vibe 5 spd. 82k pics comming soonMoon & Tunes option.... Yeah! purchased 6-30-08best MPG = 34.5 Last MPG = 32.8 worst MPG =30.2
zionzr2

Re: (GOTPONTIAC)

Post by zionzr2 »

I wish it would rain soon! Hopefully "Dolly" will help us out in that department.On my trip to San Antonio and back this past weekend I got pretty good Mileage no noticeable difference that I would otherwise notice. I'll keep my eye on it though. I keep pretty detailed records.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

Well we just had some significant rain yesturday morning and these Tires were AWESOME! At least they were around downtown and city streets!I still need a rainyday where i can test them out on the highway on and off ramps and the freeway turnarounds.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Have you noticed any change in gas milage?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
ssampier

Post by ssampier »

I'm late to the party, but they look great. I wish they made the TripleTreds in my size, 215/45R17.The stock RS-A's do stink. I am not looking forward to winter driving.
2009 Pontiac Vibe (Platinum) 2.4 l, 1sb, a/c, pp, s&s, 17" wheels (chrome)
zionzr2

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by zionzr2 »

I havent had them long enough to accurately track. I am tracking and will post if there are any changes in economy. I am not expecting any significant differences.
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »I havent had them long enough to accurately track. I am tracking and will post if there are any changes in economy. I am not expecting any significant differences.Nice pick on the Tripletreds! I've had mine for about 30K miles so far (replaced Kuhmo Ecstas) and while I have had a modest improvement in gas mileage, can't say that the tires are a significant factor. They are definitely quieter and have much better treadwear. May well last 60K.
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

That is one fine looking tire!