Fuzion HRi

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
Sinister

Fuzion HRi

Post by Sinister »

Anyone ever ran these?Might be getting a set but want to know if they are any good
waveresponder

Re: Fuzion HRi (Sinister)

Post by waveresponder »

i havnt run them myself...heres tireracks review thingy...http://www.tirerack.com/survey...tus=Ph ... s/...l=HRi
Sinister

Re: Fuzion HRi (waveresponder)

Post by Sinister »

yeah I read those but was wondering if anyone here has had first hand with them
AZViking

Post by AZViking »

I bought a set of HRI's in October. They're a little noisy compared to the Cooper Dominators the Vibe had on it when we bought it (but those were worn down to the wear indicators when I bought these). Pretty decent traction for me this winter though. Bought them for $72.50/ea. (4,633 miles on them so far. I plan on getting them rotated in the next week or so)The attached pic was taken last week (9-10" of snow). Drove right out without shoveling the car out.

Attached files
2015 Kia Sorento 32,000 miles, 2010 Kia Sportage LX, 68,000 miles
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Had them on my GT for about a year now. Major improvement over the GS-A's that were stock. Much better wet/snow traction...big plus for me since I live in Denver. Like them so much I just put a set on my Wife's Sunfire.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

For the money, you'd be better of with something like the Kumho SPT or ASX, which both would be slightly more, but for a much better tire..
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

They are often used as replacement tires on the Rental cars i see if the OEM tires need to be replaced for whatever reason.
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

i would rate the hri's a A++++++ i love these tires awesome dry traction and great wet traction. only drove in slush (didn't really get snow this yr) i have put these on my moms sable and would put these on any car! awesome for the price. by the way im not running the stock size im running the 225/50/16
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
~MRVIBE2006~

Re: (Raivis)

Post by ~MRVIBE2006~ »

I had these for a while, but not running them now. Got bigger rims (17") and went with a summer/winter combo on my tires. They were good tires while I had them. Matter of fact, I still do have them and they are for sale. Size 225/50/16. Have about 9,500 miles on them. Was asking $200.00 OBO if you are interested. Let me know!
2006 ABYSS VIBE: 20% TINT ALL AROUND FRONT & REAR SPLASH GUARDS MAGNAFLOW CAT-BACK EXHAUST GOODYEAR EAGLE GT (235/45/17) WITH TC WHEELS (SUMMER) DUNLOP WINTER SPORT M3 (215/55/16) ON STOCK ALLOYS (WINTER) AUTO VENTSHADE WINDOW VENTS PLUS SUNROOF VENT K/N AIR FILTER,OTHER DRESS-UP GOODIES...
Sinister

Re: (~MRVIBE2006~)

Post by Sinister »

i would have been interested if you were closer... Shipping would bring the price up. I got a quote from a shop near me for all 4 new installed and balanced for $530Cdn cash
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

I just purchased the Fuzion HRIs for my vibe.If anyone has had them for a while, please share your thoughts on these. Thanx.
genvibe garage
DarkSpork

Post by DarkSpork »

My mother has these tire on her car. She lives in California so I can't say anything about snow traction. Wet traction was okay. I looked into these tries in July and land up buying Firestone Firehawk GTs which were slightly more and I like them a lot better than the stock ones that were on this car and the fuzions on my Mom's car (although I haven't seen her car in like a year).My thoughts on the Fuzion HRis:1. Good dry traction2. Soft Ride3. Low Road noise4. Decent wet traction, could be betterDefinately more of a cruising tire in my opinion. Not bad though.
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
AZViking

Re: Fuzion HRi

Post by AZViking »

Contemplating replacing my HRi's this week. 45,431 miles so far. I lucked out last winter and didn't have much snow to deal with. It turned out the 'wheel noise' I thought were due to the new tires was in fact a bad front wheel bearing.
2015 Kia Sorento 32,000 miles, 2010 Kia Sportage LX, 68,000 miles
leemur

Post by leemur »

I've run my 215/60/16's on my 09 about 24,000 miles and they still look good. Going into second winter. They are a good enough winter tire but remember...they are not snow tires. I ran them on my 04 for two years then put fusion touring on the front to give the wife a bit better snow traction, third year on rears..at least 40,000 on them. The touring are siped a bit better and a little quieter.

Personnaly I love the look of the sidewalls and tread patern and they can be run on either side so you can swap left to right sides. I like the squared off tread edge. The touring are the beveled tread edge.

They are the economy type but unless you need to go all out they are great, and great price, shop the tirebuyer.com, etc. Free shipping to your home in like 2 days
2004 Fusion Orange, bought new R.I.P. 2009 Carbon Grey 2.4, bought new. 2004 Neptune bought used-2013
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

I had them in 185-60-14 on my yaris...loved them. Great wet and dry grip and I auto-x'd with them too. Never used in winter as I use proper winter tires for that