"Other" stock wheel fitments??

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
Sublimewind

"Other" stock wheel fitments??

Post by Sublimewind »

Hi all, I was wondering "what other stock wheels would fit my Vibe" I saw a Pintiac Grand Prix yesterday with what looked like 17" (maybe 18")split 5 spoke factory wheels and thought they would look nice, i wonder if they'd fit.... And I think Colbalt SS wheels in the graphite would look good as well... There is a guy here at work with a Malibu wagon with Cobalt SS wheels and it looks KILLER... So, what other foactory wheels that you know of carry the same bolt pattern and center bore??
kostby

Post by kostby »

As you no doubt know, the Vibe is a NUMMI product with many shared Toyota components, so there aren't many GM wheels that would fit.16" and 17" Toyota Matrix wheels (with 5/100mm bolt pattern and 38mm offset) are directly interchangeable.In general, look for 16" or 17" wheels width up to about 7.5 inches, 5 lugs, 100mm bolt circle, and offset of 35-42mm. For aftermarket wheels, http://www.tirerack.com and others offer lots of choices and fitment guides.Using SEARCH with terms like 'wheel tire size' will help you find LOTS of related threads, such as this one --> http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=25973

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
NUBlackshirts

Re: "Other" stock wheel fitments?? (Sublimewind)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

I have Scion TC 17" wheels on mine. Check my sig...
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
Whelan

Re: "Other" stock wheel fitments?? (NUBlackshirts)

Post by Whelan »

Scion wheels seem to be the most popular for Trix owners. Those look hot on your Vibe btw!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Sublimewind

Re: (kostby)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by kostby »As you no doubt know, the Vibe is a NUMMI product with many shared Toyota components, so there aren't many GM wheels that would fit.16" and 17" Toyota Matrix wheels (with 5/100mm bolt pattern and 38mm offset) are directly interchangeable.In general, look for 16" or 17" wheels width up to about 7.5 inches, 5 lugs, 100mm bolt circle, and offset of 35-42mm. For aftermarket wheels, http://www.tirerack.com and others offer lots of choices and fitment guides.Using SEARCH with terms like 'wheel tire size' will help you find LOTS of related threads, such as this one --> http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=25973NUMMI.... hmmm, isn't that something you get when you do coke?? Teach the newbi...please...
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I frequent MANY forums and spend much time in wheel&Tire sections, i just know nothing about these cars yet... but thank you..!Like center bore... what it on a vibe?
NUBlackshirts

Re: "Other" stock wheel fitments?? (Whelan)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Thanks Whelan, I need to get a better pic of it though.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
His_and_Her_Vibes

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by His_and_Her_Vibes »

The hub diameter is 54.1 and I believe the bore size is the same.I just put on some aftermarket rims and the hubcentric rings are 73mm x 54.10mm. The rim's bore size is 73mm.Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
J.Mack __0 >;(_/_) "Grab Life by the Handlebars!"2004 VIBE (Hers) - Fusion Orange (BevoVibe) - May she R.I.P2007 VIBE (His) - Moonstone (MakoVibe)
kostby

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by kostby »

Sorry for the jargon. NUMMI is New United Motor Manufacturing Inc. located in Fremont, California and a manufacturing plant of both Toyota and General Motors.The website is http://www.nummi.com. If I recall correctly, Genvibe user 'Ibuildvibes' works there. Quote, originally posted by www.nummi.com » New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc.(NUMMI) is the pioneering joint venture of General Motors Corporation and Toyota Motor Corporation. Established in Fremont, California, in 1984, NUMMI helped change the automobile industry by introducing the Toyota Production System and a teamwork-based working environment to the United States.Today, NUMMI has grown to become a company of 5,440 team members who produce three award-winning vehicles: Toyota Corolla, Toyota Tacoma and Pontiac Vibe.Throughout its history, NUMMI has worked hard to create a unique corporate culture that borrows from Toyota, General Motors and the nearby Silicon Valley environment. NUMMI's collaborative partnership with the United Auto Workers has been the topic of numerous labor relations studies. The company's core values are based on five cornerstones: teamwork, equity, involvement, mutual trust and respect, and safety.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.