oh man! i just got my new wheels!

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
mike82_atx

oh man! i just got my new wheels!

Post by mike82_atx »

and already attracting the unwanted attention....not from cops, but "ricers" and dumb people in general. as i was pulling out of my neighborhood. i noticed a black car a few cars behind me as i was making the left turn from the stoplight. i looked in my rearview and i thought that looks kinda nice. this was about 7-8 carlengths ahead of him. he sees my new wheels and hears exhaust and mustve though to himself "im sooooo gonna race this guy". the problem with that is he had a supra. he starts winding up, approaching fast in my rearview. i'm just thinking to myself "c'mon man, your car has twice the hp and then some. (removed) is he doin showin off his **** " what the heck was he expecting? me to pullout a magic trick from my sleeve?as for the D.A's it was this one random car, looked like a early 90's-ish dodge intrepid. we're at a stoplight(both in front) and about 100 or so yds. was the onramp for a highway. this just outright baffled me. lights green and....*click-copy-paste*he sees my new wheels and hears exhaust and mustve though to himself "im sooooo gonna race this guy". i dont even launch hard or anything..ive got an auto fer cryin out loud! he guns it and takes off. jaw drops to the floor in dumbfoundedness. i wasnt even getting on the highway. i continued on the frontage....and thats the story of the first day i got wheels! here's the pic ......try to get one on the car though. later.

Attached files
damronjr

Re: oh man! i just got my new wheels! (mike82_atx)

Post by damronjr »

Pics please!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
iinan

Re: oh man! i just got my new wheels! (damronjr)

Post by iinan »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Pics please! Yeah !
2004 GTMagnaflow/Cosmo CAI/TRD Strut brace/Hotchkis springs20-15 tint/Unichip/18 Konig "trouble" wheelshttp://members.cardomain.com/iinan
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

dumb ricer!
genvibe garage
ballrub

Post by ballrub »

We want pics of the new wheels on your car...stat!
2003 Vibe GT Shadow............"The SHADOW Knows!"Dec. 2004 Vibe of the Month html/vo...shtml
mike82_atx

Post by mike82_atx »

here's a pic.

Attached files
mike82_atx

Post by mike82_atx »

another

Attached files
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ok, size? 16,s? 17's? look like 17's to me.all you need is some tint on those windows to tie it all in nicely.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
mike82_atx

Post by mike82_atx »

and one more...enjoy

Attached files
mike82_atx

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by mike82_atx »

yes ma'am they're 17's.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

nice rims.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Those are some nice rims Mike! I like the black with the Lava...looks kinda like what I got on mine .http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=23310And I get the same problem too here in Phx...there was a C6 the other day revving his motor at a light after I pulled up with the new rims. I musta seen this guy 100 times before and he never did that...until the rims
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
iinan

Post by iinan »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »all you need is some tint on those windows to tie it all in nicely. dittolooks nice btw
2004 GTMagnaflow/Cosmo CAI/TRD Strut brace/Hotchkis springs20-15 tint/Unichip/18 Konig "trouble" wheelshttp://members.cardomain.com/iinan
mike82_atx

Re: (engineertwin2)

Post by mike82_atx »

(removed). well he got caught up in traffic just down the road. and i caught up to him. he was in the left lane, i, in the right. the road made this 90` s-curve. after getting through that the car in front of him was going slow but the car in front of me and i were accellerating faster. now im a safe driver, i keep a cars distance apart when accelerating incase guy in front of me slams his brakes. this azz takes it as an oppertunity to "win the race". he swerves over in front of me into my lane, guy in front knows its time to get outta the way, he accelerates then cuts off the other slow car and zips off.whatever he was trying to prove to me, it only proved any simple minded person can make a car go fast if youve got the money for that kind of car, but why you gots ta drive like a jurk?those wheels look sweet dude. the red groove, very subtle. its cool at night the body looks like its floatin in air.
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Wow, that looks really good!
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

They see a Vibe with wheels and hear an exhaust and they automatically assume Rice... or is it Race?
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
ColonelPanic

Re: oh man! i just got my new wheels!

Post by ColonelPanic »

Well, it's no secret how new, snazzy wheels can add upwards of, oh, say 100 ponies under the hood of any given car -- so no wonder why they wanted to race. hehehe
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »all you need is some tint on those windows to tie it all in nicely. +2The dark tint with the black wheels will tie it all together very nicely.
genvibe garage
ballrub

Re: (mike82_atx)

Post by ballrub »

Lookin' good!
2003 Vibe GT Shadow............"The SHADOW Knows!"Dec. 2004 Vibe of the Month html/vo...shtml
mike82_atx

Re: oh man! i just got my new wheels! (Toasted7)

Post by mike82_atx »

hahaha yeah i totally got out riced buy that guy. we might have to start a new forum called "RIcing"(ricing v.:a person driving recklessly fast in a japanese car that has been modified.riced,to be out riced: when said japanese car pulls off a stupid manuever in front of you.Ex:Yo dawwg you got riced!).oh man i just sold hollywood their next movie idea. it's a rendition of You Got Served . ill leave the rest to your imagination. people can post their stories about being riced too.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Looks good!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!