2009 Vibe 2.4 Daytime Running Light Mod

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Lacpac

2009 Vibe 2.4 Daytime Running Light Mod

Post by Lacpac »

I recently cut the blue wire behind the glove box to allow my headlights to accept LED headlights but wanted to add DRL back in another form.
Purchased these Ribbon LED's from a website and piggybacked a fuse in the Fuse box to go on when car starts. Also tapped side turn lights. These DRL turn to sequential Yellow turn signals when activated, then return to white when done turning. Fit perfectly above headlight lens between hood. Great mod for under $10 total.
Attachments
Vibe2.jpg
Vibe2.jpg (195.93 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
Vibe1.jpg
Vibe1.jpg (862.35 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
zbyers

Re: 2009 Vibe 2.4 Daytime Running Light Mod

Post by zbyers »

Not bad looking!
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe ;) Looks good so far. Does this car get driven at all? No stone chips, no bug residue, crystal clear lenses for an 11 year old car. What makes all that possible. Where you located? Some of us may want to see this in person BUT have no idea where you're from.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Lacpac

Post by Lacpac »

North Central IL near Wisc border. It's my daughters car. She lives with us. there are some rock Chips but I've touched them up. Bought a new drivers side light assembly 18 months ago. Passenger side was replaced before we bought it. I buy my DRL light set-up from Aliexpress.com a Chinese website where you can buy alot of the products that are private branded in the states. (They have an app). Also bought LUMILED ZES LED fanless headlights for all my cars for $25-35 dollars a pair. First ones bought about 4 years ago, still no burn-outs. They are brighter, whiter, use less wattage, and run cooler than Halogen bulbs. Just have to disconnect DRL if your headlights are used as DRL otherwise the LED flicker. Not enough power in DRL mode to keep them on.