Another deer encounter

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
ChrisW

Another deer encounter

Post by ChrisW »

I think that I posted briefly about my accident with a deer in Nov. of 2017. I was driving my '03 Neptune Vibe GT and was about a mile from home on a familiar road. It was dark and a deer came from my right and I struck her damaging the front grille, hood, and right fender. The fender was displaced so that the passenger door was now difficult to open. I drove the short distance home but the car was leaking fluid. Unfortunately my insurance company called it a total loss.

I'm in my early 60s and this was my first tangle with a deer. I was able to find another '03 Vibe GT (Frosty) to buy and keep the Vibe era going. I had only had the Neptune Vibe for 9 months following another accident involving a Honda that ran a stop sign.

Last Saturday (March 31, 2018) I was driving to my Mom's for Easter when another deer came out of nowhere on my left. This one tried to jump over the car but struck the windshield and tumbled off. The glass is shattered and the roof edge is pushed in. Another driver stopped to help and called police. After a short while I got back in and drove it to a nearby body shop then waited for a ride.

I would never have thought of having two deer strikes within 5 months.

Yesterday I received an estimate from the body shop and it's not good. It's a shame since the engine is running fine. I'm going looking at cars tonight starting with a 2007 Vibe (Wave blue)
Caretaker

Re: Another deer encounter

Post by Caretaker »

Let us know how it works out. I had two strikes in a year's time. One, along the Potomac. A buck tried to hitchhike and nearly came through my windshield practically destroying my 626. Then after I owned my Malibu for one month, a small horny dear was hell bent on running across the road up in the mountains of Davis, WV. I drove home the whole way with people looking at me driving a car with a pushed up hood. Throw in GM trying to kill me by not properly torquing my Malibu's axle bolts and the axle snapping off, and given that my new Vibe (at the time) rear ended a floor jack in the dealership during checkout, I have not had luck with cars at all.