Mrs Anduril's 2003 Base Vibe

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Anduril

Mrs Anduril's 2003 Base Vibe

Post by Anduril »

Lurked here for a bit, added a comment or two maybe so I figured I should show a bit of her car after cleaning it up. Car is always clean so it doesn't take much to do it.
DSC03958.JPG
DSC03958.JPG (142.58 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
2003 Vibe
Manufactured in 9/2002 and purchased the same month from my uncle who was the GM at the Chevy dealer in Sturgeon Bay, WI.
1.8L 4Cyl
4 Speed Auto
Lava with a Graphite interior
All the usual stuff standard equipment wise
Power package
Moonroof
Moon & Tunes
16" aluminum wheels
Engine block heater

Other than some scratches on the silver around the console the interior is still a nice environment to drive in.
DSC03955.JPG
DSC03955.JPG (147.53 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
DSC03957.JPG
DSC03957.JPG (139.75 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
DSC03954.JPG
DSC03954.JPG (137.64 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
In all the years we have had it the major things that needed work were known things mentioned in this forum.
Exhaust
A/C
Front struts
Took one try to sort them out and they have been fine since.

Other than that was a brake job, replacing the wiper blades once or twice and recently I replaced the starter using info here to troubleshoot and replace.

Only two negatives right now.
Clear coat up top disassembling itself. I will deal with it either temporarily or permanently.
Damage to the paint on the hood. Chips etc. That will need some permanent work or I will order that lava red hood I see online. ;)

You can't ask for a better car in it's class. Bummed that I can't find the original sales info but we still have the window sticker so that has to count for something. ;)
tpollauf

Re: Mrs Anduril's 2003 Base Vibe

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. Nice intro and thanks for the pics. Mileage ? Car appears to be in very good condition for being 14 years old.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Anduril

Re: Mrs Anduril's 2003 Base Vibe

Post by Anduril »

DSC03959.JPG
DSC03959.JPG (142.56 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
Mileage is almost 131,000

Not really a sheltered life but I did have a fleet vehicle for the first 6ish years for myself and rode the motorcyle.
First 6 years were in the Wisconsin winters however she took it to a car wash with a good underbody flush every week so the underside still looks great and none of the fixes I mentioned entailed broken bolts or retaped holes.
Last 9 have been in the Texas sun which accelerated the clear coat problems and murdered the door handles which I forgot to mention but were easy fixes.

Redid the cladding with the Carworx product over a year maybe a year and a half ago so I will probably get back to that in the spring.

Headlights need regular treatment with Meguiars Plastix or whatever it is called. Another Texas sun casualty. I am starting to look at replacements as they are showing some veryfine cracks along the sides.

Other than that the lower passenger side grill took a hit from a sheet of ice off a truck a month or so after we got it, maybe November of 2002, but I find them online for under 20 dollars and the back up lights are fogged.