Stevemo - 2006 Vibe Base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Stevemo

Stevemo - 2006 Vibe Base

Post by Stevemo »

Hi all,
I have a 2006 Pontiac Vibe with just under 400,000 km (250,000 miles). I will post photos later. :)

This car has been very good since new up until the last 6 months where everything on the exhaust seems to be breaking. :o

I have changed the following on the car so far:
  • 3 x windshield (I cannot change the windshield anymore, the windshield frame is rotten so I have put a bunch of clear caulking around the thing to stop it from raining on me...)
  • 2 x PS pump,
  • 2 x battery (one started leaking...),
  • radio, the original one wasn't readable,
  • computer, recall,
  • starter,
  • exhaust manifold,
  • intake manifold gasket,
  • one rear wheel bearing, and
  • the brakes have been changed a few times.
Things that will not be fixed:
  • AC system, I put an AC belt meant for a 1ZZ Carola without AC on the car to bypass the compressor which was bad
  • Misc heat shields
  • Front wheel well liners, I just ripped them out as they were 50% perforated
  • Rear wiper, the pot metal rusted away and it fell off
  • Fog lights, one full of water
  • Recirc system, it started making a flapping noise so I pulled the connector off the back of the recirc button and the noise went away
The car does not burn any oil and has had fluid changes regularly. I hope to get another year out of it (40,000 km).
Thanks, Steve
ehoff121

Re: Stevemo - 2006 Vibe Base

Post by ehoff121 »

Welcome to genvibe!

One of the great things about this vehicle is that there aren't that many things that would put it out of commission and most everything else can be fixed (except the elastic bands on the sun visors :lol: )
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
Stevemo

Post by Stevemo »

Oh yeah, I remember the day I tried to use them and they rained dust on me. They hang like a pair of 100 year old underwear to this day.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

ehoff121 wrote:Welcome to genvibe!

One of the great things about this vehicle is that there aren't that many things that would put it out of commission and most everything else can be fixed (except the elastic bands on the sun visors :lol: )

They are easily replaced with the waist band of decommissioned Fruit of the Loom underwear. :lol:
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476