beermestrength - 2003 Vibe GT

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
beermestrength

beermestrength - 2003 Vibe GT

Post by beermestrength »

I'm about a month deep into ownership of my first Vibe...and I love it. I bought my '03 Vibe GT with 128k miles from a little old lady (whose friends thought she was crazy for driving a manual at her age) for a price that was so low I would have been stupid to pass it up. And other than a small chip in the windshield and an unwavering old lady smell, my Vibe is clean, peppy, and a really fun hatchback.

My only plans for her at this point are to replace the factory stereo with a Pioneer bluetooth receiver, possibly tint the windows, and get a good set of winter rubber by the end of the year.

Looking forward to checking out the forums...thanks for having me!

petervivian

Re: beermestrength - 2003 Vibe GT

Post by petervivian »

Welcome to the forum. I still think the 03 grill is attractive.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
soccerdad

Post by soccerdad »

X2. I just picked up the same thing but in the 2007 flavor. I like the first generation of front bumper better. It's more aggressive looking.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe :D You got yourself a beauty there and from the sounds of it, you'll hang on to it for a LONG time!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! It definitely sounds like you scored a really great Vibe! Props on posting a picture right away ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Nice. Sounds like you gotta deal. I also dig the mki nose. Plus, it's the only year for it.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
collins92

Post by collins92 »

Sounds a good score man, congratulations!
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

Welcome! You got a great deal on the best IMO vibe GT available! Lower RPM lift engagement, best looking front end, double lidded center arm rest thing, and no silly smog air ports on the exhaust side or extra plumbing to deal with! Enjoy it, I know I love mine!
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
LobsterMan

Post by LobsterMan »

beermestrength, I hope you are still enjoying your '03 Vibe GT. I have one also (red) that I have had since '05. It has been a really great car. I know you'll be driving it for a long time. Mine has been very reliable - never left me stranded. The clutch finally gave up around 177k miles. Rather than retire the car, I replaced the clutch (along with some other stuff while I had it apart). I've put another 25k on it since then and have no intention to let it go until it completely dies. These are cheap miles at this point in the car's life. It's been paid off a long time and I just keep racking up the miles. I encourage you to also keep yours a long time and get a lot of great use out of it. It will not let you down. Time for me to go have a brew now. Cheers.