YotaGT's '03 GT come to the dark side

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
YotaGT

YotaGT's '03 GT come to the dark side

Post by YotaGT »

Bought mine last year, a strange find because of how it was cared for meticulously yet not driven too much.
I took the good and bad and won, even now at ~140k the motor is running very strong, had it hooked it up to a mechanic's scanner while driving and the vitals were apparently extremely good. This is in no doubt to my handiwork as well!

Long list of scheduled maintenance, and since I've owned it,
I swapped over to the proper oil for Lift, popped in the correct spark plugs, new gas cap, Chain-Tensioner O-ring, Exhaust donut seal, Exedy oem clutch kit with all 4 mounts replaced, and finally worked over the brakes this past weekend.
I had the the rotors turned, replaced one of the rear calipers due to rust and torns seals, and slapped on some Raybestos EHT pads>>>
which broke in a few days ago, I highly recommend these. I used CRC disc brake quiet as well, and the trade off for Rally-like braking is fair for some low brake noise at traffic speeds.

Here's some pics, a few of you have been asking for:

I'm seriously gobsmacked by this purchase, I can't believe everything turned out as it did. For the money, I'm soooo happy with the ride, the revs, the sound system and stock radio's read out and the overall package you get with our Vibe's. What would I have paid for a Civic Si hatch or Matrix XRS in similar running condition? $6k? $8k?
For a someone on a tight budget, this car has not let me down. Thanks for the help and info!
vibenvy

Re: YotaGT's '03 GT come to the dark side

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for posting pictures! It definitely looks like you scored a very well maintained 1st gen GT ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Derf

Re: YotaGT's '03 GT come to the dark side

Post by Derf »

Looks like a nice clean ride! Nothing better than getting a deal and using the savings to make things better.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )