thepuppyprince - 2009 Vibe base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
thepuppyprince

thepuppyprince - 2009 Vibe base

Post by thepuppyprince »

Hi all,

Here is my 2009 base (stick shift!). I bought it about a year ago at 50k miles from a dealership. I drive it in New York City now-- pretty much in traffic 90% of the time and not too many highway miles...

The car was in perfect aesthetic condition when I got it, but has since been exposed to daily bird poop on the paint and I already have a huge dent on the hatch from leaving it parked on the street..

In terms of mechanics, I just had to replace all of the rotors and brake pads which were all rusted out (seems to be a common issue with this car). Otherwise the car has been perfect!

ElScotto

Re: thepuppyprince - 2009 Vibe base

Post by ElScotto »

Sharp looking car! I bet that stick shift is loads of fun spending 90% of the time sitting in traffic though.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Thanks for posting pictures! It looks pretty darn shiny and nice, in the pictures anyway ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
thepuppyprince

Post by thepuppyprince »

ElScotto wrote:Sharp looking car! I bet that stick shift is loads of fun spending 90% of the time sitting in traffic though.
Yes 1st and 2nd gear definitely get a workout, but I've gotten used to it for the most part. Stop and go traffic on an incline is the worst... and drivers around here are very quick to honk if I leave any space in front of me.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Thanks for the intro "pup" :D Navy Blue I presume? That is the color of Junior's Vibe in my fleet 8-) Manuals are fun to drive BUT in 90% city driving that could get old. In any case enjoy the ride and thanks for sharing it with us.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
thepuppyprince

Post by thepuppyprince »

tpollauf wrote:Thanks for the intro "pup" :D Navy Blue I presume? That is the color of Junior's Vibe in my fleet 8-) Manuals are fun to drive BUT in 90% city driving that could get old. In any case enjoy the ride and thanks for sharing it with us.
Yes, navy blue-- I love it and have definitely gotten a bunch of compliments on the paint job.