Plcd22 2003 Vibe base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Plcd22

Plcd22 2003 Vibe base

Post by Plcd22 »

Hello everyone,
I just purchased an 03 Pontiac Vibe and came across this forum while looking to see if I should "beef up" the rear end because I will almost always have an extra 2-300 pounds of tools and equipment in the trunk area :?:

I tried attaching some pics but it won't let me, says they are too large :(
03 Base Model Vibe - 5spd man, manual windows & locks, only thing powered is the mirrors :D
Bought it in March 2016 with 153k for $2000 - for a work vehicle because of the cargo space, but I am really liking it for more than just work!
ImUrOBGYN

Re: Plcd22 2003 Vibe

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Using http://imgur.com/ or http://www.picresize.com/ will fix your pic issue. Imgur allows you to host with or without an acct and provides editing tools. The other one is just a quick, easy fix and provides a link if I recall.

There really aren't many options that I'm aware of as far as beefier shocks and springs so you may consider some airbags for the rear. I do know Firestone makes some. It can be a cheap or an expensive option depending on what route you go w/the airbags. Just a simple airbag install without an on-board pump, etc should be affordable and solve your dilemma. Perhaps some others will chime in with actual experience and advice and hopefully confirm what I said, though I'd accept a drubbing if it's needed. :D
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
Plcd22

Re: Plcd22 2003 Vibe base

Post by Plcd22 »

I used to use photobucket but I can't remember my login :?
03 Base Model Vibe - 5spd man, manual windows & locks, only thing powered is the mirrors :D
Bought it in March 2016 with 153k for $2000 - for a work vehicle because of the cargo space, but I am really liking it for more than just work!
Plcd22

Post by Plcd22 »

I remembered my login here is a pic

Plcd22

Post by Plcd22 »

And some more :D so far this is a great little wagon

Here is the dash how I got it:
But the radio display wasn't working so I swapped in the head unit from my previous car (98 Grand Prix)

Took my Christmas Kayak out for the first time with it:

And here's one with the trunk loaded - I know it doesn't look like much but there is 150lb steel plate under what you can see :D

Really liking it - have had it for 2 weeks and have got an average of 31mpg so far!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe :D Posted pics immediately, posted location (we like that around here) posted price purchased & mileage (awesome buy you lucky dog!) and already started modding it! You the man 8-) This will undoubtedly be the best $2000 you ever spent!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Plcd22

Post by Plcd22 »

tpollauf wrote:Welcome to GenVibe :D Posted pics immediately, posted location (we like that around here) posted price purchased & mileage (awesome buy you lucky dog!) and already started modding it! You the man 8-) This will undoubtedly be the best $2000 you ever spent!
I read the "read this first" thread ;)

That's for the welcome
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! As tpollauf said, props on posting pictures right away ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Plcd22

Post by Plcd22 »

vibenvy wrote:Welcome to GenVibe! As tpollauf said, props on posting pictures right away ;)!
Thank you!